dannyzabolotny
dannyzabolotny Reader
10/12/17 4:18 p.m.

Hey guys,

I have a 1996 Mustang GT 5-speed convertible for sale. It's got 186,000 miles, a clean title, zero rust, and a fair amount of maintenance work done to it. It starts up every single time, idles nicely, the AC blows cold, and it's pretty fun to drive.

Here's what I've fixed/replaced in the time I've owned it:

• Alternator
  • Spark plugs (Ford Motorcraft)
  • Throttle body gasket
  • PCV + hoses
  • Idle control valve
  • Battery (new Interstate battery)
  • Expansion tank cap
  • Proper AC recharge
  • Flushed brake system with new fluid
  • Oil changes with 5W-30 full synthetic oil

It has a few mods done to it as well:

• Muffler delete: it's super loud and I love it, but I still have the stock mufflers in my garage
  • Cut springs: it sits pretty low in the front but I think it looks rad. The ride didn't get much worse, it's still more comfortable than my other cars!
  • Cold air intake: makes cool sounds. I still have the stock intake as well.

The good stuff:

• Engine runs well, revs smoothly
  • Brakes work decently
  • Clutch grabs well
  • Tires have plenty of tread
  • Transmission shifts pretty well
  • No rust anywhere. I've been under the car a bunch of times and it's quite clean under there.
  • No obvious leaks from the engine.
  • AC blows cold
  • All cluster gauges work correctly, including the odometer.
  • The top goes up and down as it should.
  • The power steering works quite well with no weird sounds.

The bad stuff:

• The paint is pretty far gone. It's fine for a beater but it certainly isn't a show car.
  • The shifter feels pretty sloppy
  • Typical old Ford creaks/rattles in the cabin. Nothing too crazy but I figured I'd mention it.
  • The top needs to be adjusted a bit, it doesn't quite seal over the driver's side window.
  • Both front seats are weird. Not all of their adjustments work and the driver's seat leans back quite a bit which makes for a somewhat awkward driving position. Since I don't daily this car, that hasn't bothered me toooo much.
  • Some asshat in my neighborhood stole the faceplate from the head unit. To be fair, it was a cheap head unit but it did work before.

I have the clean title in my name. I'm located in Phoenix, AZ. Don't really know what a fair price is for this car, the prices are all over the place. Make me an offer— text me 917-251-7046

Here are a few pictures, I'll try and get some better ones soon:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
56cDjFYb9ZLGI1CJRyhk8rMx5poUPRbtUwvZpnPviWZdMRf5VwWRi7WI3UvBavVl