1 2
Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/2/17 7:36 p.m.

Heres the scoop, I've done the Challenge several times in a cheap miata  but with the announcement of a truck sub-class this year, I saw the opportunity to hunt for a truck I've always wanted - a single cab, short bed, obs Chevy.  I spent several months scouting the list and found this girl down in Miami already sporting a Belltech 5/7 drop and a crapped out cooling system.  All I've really done is give it a Rockauto cooling system refresh, clean up the interior with fresh carpet and dash cover, and add the 17x9 steelies and flares.  The 350 runs strong and I'm told the trans was rebuilt not long ago.  It's really a decent truck with ice cold A/C and 4.10 gears.  it hustles around an autocross track fairly well.  I'd love to let someone take this thing home from the Challenge, as I could use the money and space at home!  I'm looking to get $3k and my price is pretty firm  it's a good reliable truck  

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/2/17 9:27 p.m.

To clarify for the thickheaded such as myself, the truck will be making an appearance at challenge and be for sale following said event? 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/3/17 2:46 a.m.

Yes, that's correct. The truck will be participating at the Challenge and be for sale immediately afterward. But if it doesn't sell AT the Challenge, it's still for sale. I'm located in Bradenton, FL. The truck has about 180k miles and is 100% rust free. 

I just remembered the truck has a pretty decent aftermarket stereo system with an 8" sub behind the passenger seat. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
10/3/17 5:53 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 :

I can't quite tell from the pics - does it have a hitch?

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/3/17 6:06 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to Lof8 :

I can't quite tell from the pics - does it have a hitch?

It has a ball bolted on the bumper, and a pigtail for lights but that's all. 

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
10/3/17 7:52 a.m.

The want is strong with this one.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
10/3/17 8:39 a.m.

yes

Willis
Willis New Reader
10/3/17 9:13 a.m.

What else can you tell me about the truck?

• Miles
  • Auto Transmission?
  • Potential daily driver duty or is this strictly for cone crushing

Thanks!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/3/17 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Willis :

180k, auto trans, could be a daily, but the 4.10 gears means it revs high on the highway. Comfortable cruising speed is 65 ish.  Interior door cards were trashed and expensive/hard to replace. So I took them off and painted the metal doors black to match the new carpet. It looks decent but worth noting. It's sporting an old cheap respray but it has cool patina

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
10/3/17 10:13 a.m.

Gosh that is a cool truck. 

If you don't mind me asking what is the backspacing on those wheels? they look great! 

Good luck with the sale. 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/3/17 10:38 a.m.

I don't recall the backspacing, but I did use spacers to fine tune the offsets. 2" rear and I think 1/2" or 3/4" front. 

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
10/3/17 10:41 a.m.

yes

Got it- Thanks! 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/3/17 10:48 a.m.

Also, the dash is complete crap underneath the carpet dash cover and there is some body work on the passenger side where the cab meets the bed. 

Willis
Willis New Reader
10/3/17 11:22 a.m.

I have a line on something I'm chasing up here, but I am interested.  My brother in law lives in Bradenton so I would need to coordinate.  Will PM if my other line goes dead.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
10/3/17 1:16 p.m.

Dang, if I knew whether or not my S10 was going to work out, I'd know whether or not I'd be interested in this.  If no one has bought it by the challenge, I may check it out down there if my project fails.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
10/3/17 5:04 p.m.

Cool truck. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/3/17 9:21 p.m.

Sweet truck.  I like it.

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/5/17 9:07 a.m.

Here are some interior photos.  The drivers door now matches the passenger door.  4 point harnesses and stock belts in place.

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
10/5/17 12:39 p.m.

You're right about the doorcards, stupid expensive for what you get.  I wound up replacing the ones in my truck with a set from the front doors of a Suburban, was lucky enough to find a decent set at the pick n pull.  Most of those dashes crack in the 88-94 model years, I wound up replacing mine with a junkyard part, most dash parts are NLA for these, even from the "restoration" parts suppliers.  Can I ask who makes the fender flares, they look awesome.  GLWS

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/5/17 1:04 p.m.

Yeah, I've looked for door cards on several junkyard trips, but if they're not gone already, they're torn to E36 M3 on every vehicle.  The fender flares were an ebay purchase.  I don't know what brand, Chinese no doubt.

Willis
Willis New Reader
10/5/17 4:07 p.m.

The flares look like bushwhackers

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
10/7/17 12:57 p.m.

Man I have always loved this truck. Good luck with sale! I hope to see you at The Firm soon. I want to go for a ride in the rally truck!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/7/17 1:49 p.m.

Thanks Birk!  I hope to be at the FIRM soon!

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
10/7/17 2:07 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 :

Ive been needing some extra $$ for car stuff so i have been working as a driving instructor there. Im there most of the time, see you soon. We have some exciting stuff in the works for the rallycross events.

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/7/17 3:00 p.m.

Exciting!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fmOhFBl0dPlJQAmLxhTbzpKsQBzraohaQ6LsvnVbfCNBKorY2ypKdqMhWkoRLREM