1 2
Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
6/17/13 12:14 p.m.

In this space, you can post items for sale that cost more than the current $2000 Challenge cap. We've created it in response to demand from you.

Let's face it: You drive cars and trade parts that aren't solely for the purpose of our Challenge. I mean, you could also be building something for the Ultimate Track Car Challenge or The Mitty or One Lap of America or—gasp!—some other event or life need. This is where you can post those things for sale. Create a new thread and have at it.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
6/17/13 12:17 p.m.

Thank you!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/17/13 12:18 p.m.

Awesome.

Powar
Powar Dork
6/17/13 12:27 p.m.

Good call.

nocones
nocones SuperDork
6/17/13 12:39 p.m.

Yay!

Could we make 1 rule here. No NMNA ads? I don't really want to have to wade through 1100 adds for "interesting" or "unique" items like 2001 Miatas and stuff people spotted on Craigslist.
Maybe just say it either has to be Yours or you have to be the idividiual to contact to buy.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltraDork
6/17/13 12:43 p.m.

Thank you very much, this is excellent...

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/17/13 12:44 p.m.

cool

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
6/17/13 12:48 p.m.

YES!!!!!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/17/13 12:49 p.m.
nocones wrote: Yay! Could we make 1 rule here. No NMNA ads? I don't really want to have to wade through 1100 adds for "interesting" or "unique" items like 2001 Miatas and stuff people spotted on Craigslist. Maybe just say it either has to be Yours or you have to be the idividiual to contact to buy.

We were just discussing that. You know, if those "other" ads get you guys checking out stuff and day dreaming and finding cool deals, then I'm cool with it.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
6/17/13 12:50 p.m.

Woohoo. Return of the 200x classifieds!

glueguy
glueguy Reader
6/17/13 12:52 p.m.

Thanks guys, this is a huge service. There are lots of neat $4-5k cars out there, too, and when in the market I'd rather buy a $10k toy or oddball DD from someone here than a random CL idiot. Very much appreciated!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
6/17/13 12:55 p.m.

oh yeah.... NOW you have this! lol

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
6/17/13 12:58 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
nocones wrote: Yay! Could we make 1 rule here. No NMNA ads? I don't really want to have to wade through 1100 adds for "interesting" or "unique" items like 2001 Miatas and stuff people spotted on Craigslist. Maybe just say it either has to be Yours or you have to be the idividiual to contact to buy.
We were just discussing that. You know, if those "other" ads get you guys checking out stuff and day dreaming and finding cool deals, then I'm cool with it.

Maybe we could put "NMNA" in the title so that those who don't want to read those types of ads don't have to?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/17/13 1:00 p.m.

Those ads are already posted elsewhere. No need to clutter up yet another section with them.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
6/17/13 1:03 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One: Yeah, but I like it when you guys do my CL shopping for me.

Half-truth-jokes aside, the NMNA don't bother me a bit. Often it's just fun to check out what this forum turns up with.

Slippery
Slippery Reader
6/17/13 1:16 p.m.

This is great news! Thanks

xflowgolf
xflowgolf HalfDork
6/17/13 1:18 p.m.

Hooray! I do agree there has to be some ongoing monitoring to make sure it doesn't turn into a canoe'd car dealer spam lot.

Otherwise, glad to see whatever other crazy and oddball things this forum offers up. As others have noted, lots of fun stuff in the $2500 ~ $7500 range (and above) that I might not actively go out to seek via EBay or CList, but when presented via the GRM hive mind, new opportunities arise.

ransom
ransom UltraDork
6/17/13 1:20 p.m.

So curious to see what goes up first... Where's DukeOfUndersteer with the cars he was referencing not being able to put up in the $2013 list?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/17/13 1:28 p.m.

If this had happened a month ago, my Miata would have been first for sale. I was a little disappointed i couldn't list it here.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
6/17/13 1:31 p.m.

Clarification - cars and auto parts only? Or free-for-all?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/17/13 1:32 p.m.

Yeah, we're waiting to see if anyone is actually going to post something.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
6/17/13 1:34 p.m.

Call me crazy, but why not have a few subforums in it? Open classifieds

>>vehicles

>>>>Member owned

>>>>NMNA cars

>>Parts

>>non-automotive

>>Buyer/seller reviews

>>>>Reviews of buyers

>>>>Reviews of sellers

etc.

Forums I have moderated before were set up like that, with great success.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
6/17/13 1:36 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Yeah, we're waiting to see if anyone is actually going to post something.

If I actually get off my butt this evening, I'll have a couple things up...

Duke
Duke PowerDork
6/17/13 1:41 p.m.

In reply to SCARR:

I've seen that, and administered it, and it's too annoyingly complicated. KISS.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
6/17/13 1:42 p.m.

In reply to scardeal:

Ditto. Further incentive to get my E30 cleaned up. Granted, after all the complaining I've done about that car, I doubt anyone here would want it before I send it to eBay. But I bought it off a member on this forum, so...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nV1suVeq06Xm8Uhaz9Y6texmwcjRbsHjLrsb9cnTQe7CMhxRJMdFSMMzh30qJTwX