cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
11/15/17 5:41 p.m.

I have these Elise replacement seats in my Miata - they're very nice and have harness grommets, but I'd like to get a set of stock Elise seats to get the higher headrest. Possibly up for an even trade, but cash may be required on your side depending on condition and which seats you have. They have maybe 300 miles on them - effectively brand new.

I will get a picture of them mounted if you like, but they're the ones sold by sector 111 if you want to see what they're like.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
12/10/17 8:43 p.m.

Bump. Here's a picture of the seats in my Miata.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
12/21/17 12:03 p.m.

Why are Elise seats so hard to find?

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
1/2/18 7:11 p.m.

I may be open for a trade -- have a set of Elise seats in leather that I would straight up trade for yours.  What is the condition of your seats?

Will the Corbeaus fit into stock Elise brackets?

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
1/3/18 11:34 a.m.

In reply to orphancars :

They're in excellent shape. The driver's side I've been using for less than 1000 miles, the passenger side has been sat in maybe twice? They probably have a few scratches on the back/bottom from install, but they were brand new when I put them in so I can't say for sure. I'm happy to take more pictures if you'd like. They do fit into stock Elise brackets (as far as I know, obviously I don't have an Elise so I can't confirm but that is their intended purpose).

What condition and color are your Elise seats?

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
1/4/18 10:58 a.m.

Thanks for the reply!

I have a set of black leather seats.  Not showroom perfect but serviceable.  A little bit of wear near some of the seams.  Definitely usable for a race/street car, wouldn't use them for a show car.  No rips/tears in the leather.  

I can get some pics no later than this weekend.  Have the car in storage in my shop.  

Can you get me a measurement?  Looking for the dimension of the seatback at its widest point, which appears to be just below the openings for the shoulder harnesses.  Not using mine in an Elise, but rather a TVR, and space is at a premium.

Also -- contact me offlist if that is easier.  I am (jeff) at (orphancars) d (com).

thx! 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
2/27/18 12:22 p.m.

I still have these. Still interested in trading them. Anyone going SF/Fort Worth anytime soon?

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
2/28/18 2:31 p.m.

I see what you did there and approve :-)

velociraptor2012
velociraptor2012 New Reader
1/6/20 6:39 p.m.

Hi, I know it's an old thread. Are these seats still available for sale/trade?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YwwI5WbdNZNke6wSvPgKuL4XUXycHK3zPdOrj3Frqxt9wTBOJO4RJdGeDWjc1JUj