ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
5/31/17 5:20 p.m.

Release date is either June 6th or June 9th depending on where you look. Game looks good, hope it plays good as well.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
5/31/17 5:22 p.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
5/31/17 5:23 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
5/31/17 5:26 p.m.

The rally crossvideo looked great, like they really expanded on dirt rally.

I'm excited, but I'm not going to be able to get it for a bit yet.

Really just hope the controls are more game pad friendly this time around.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/31/17 7:48 p.m.

Have it pre ordered, ready to be as terrible at Dirt 4 as I am at Dirt Rally.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
6/6/17 9:41 a.m.

mine is pre ordered too but i am in germany for work for the week, next week though... we shall see!

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
6/6/17 5:05 p.m.

If you liked Dirt Rally you'll love Dirt 4. It's bigger and better.

If you didn't like Dirt Rally you'll probably like Dirt 4. It's got a lot of stuff that was left out of Rally and an arcade handling mode that's less punishing.

No idea how it plays with a controller, I've got a full sim setup going on.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
6/7/17 4:04 a.m.
PubBurgers wrote: If you liked Dirt Rally you'll love Dirt 4. It's bigger and better. If you didn't like Dirt Rally you'll probably like Dirt 4. It's got a lot of stuff that was left out of Rally and an arcade handling mode that's less punishing. No idea how it plays with a controller, I've got a full sim setup going on.

well I am excited then! we need to set up a GRM league

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
6/9/17 8:52 a.m.

Played it last night, it was bringing back all the good ole memories. I played with controller it was good, have not tried it with my wheel and pedals yet

(xbox360 gamepad)

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
6/9/17 2:30 p.m.

Having a LOT of fun with this so far, but I think I need to tweak the settings just a bit.

Rallykarts were undrivable until I figured out there was some autobrake setting set to two. Turned that crap off and finally stopped spinning out every other lap!

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
6/10/17 8:15 p.m.

I picked it up today. Getting the option for gamer or SIM handling at initial startup was a great sign.

It's a lot easier, for me, than rally, and has a lot of the fun from 3, so it may actually get some hours on it.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
6/14/17 8:03 p.m.

I am absolutely loving this game.

Being able to choose between sponsored cars and my own team is great when I'm low on funds, saving me the repair bill.

The locales are beautiful, the stages are intuitive and fun. I think the R2 Ford is a bit roll happy, but the cars all feel like they should, for good and bad.

I really like how jam session was implemented. It's almost a game in itself.

Overall, I think dirt rally was the better SIM, but dirt 4 is the better game. I've been playing the series since the Colin McCrea rally days, and this is by far my favorite game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/29/17 7:16 a.m.

Got the game recently after being a giant fan of Dirt Rally- what the berkeleying berkeley is this procedurally generated stage bullE36 M3? The physics, cars, etc. are good, but without consistent stages (why didn't they bring the ones from Rally over???) we can't really use it as a practice tool for notes/timing/teamwork the way that we could with the previous game.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
8/9/17 10:06 a.m.

First impressions are that the graphics got worse but the surfaces felt more natural, you were able to slide it better. I can't tell if the vehicle physics got worse (arcade-y) or better than dirt rally because sometimes dirt rally had too much grip it seemed and was too difficult. This definitely has a better fun factor. The team element is kind of neat but adds a different level of complexity sometimes that I could care less for, especially when tuning the car setup and the skill isnt high enough so it makes wild adjustments instead of tight increments.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
8/9/17 10:11 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: Got the game recently after being a giant fan of Dirt Rally- what the berkeleying berkeley is this procedurally generated stage bullE36 M3? The physics, cars, etc. are good, but without consistent stages (why didn't they bring the ones from Rally over???) we can't really use it as a practice tool for notes/timing/teamwork the way that we could with the previous game.

every hairpin looks the same so its easy to hit those corners when you see the que's... its like copy/paste

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/9/17 10:16 a.m.

In reply to fidelity101:

I was referring specifically to being able to write down the notes for a stage, mute the in-game codriver, and practice it with an actual codriver- can't do that when they're randomized.

Ricky Spanish
Ricky Spanish Reader
8/9/17 11:55 a.m.

Is this dudebro flatbrimmed out like the previous Dirt games I tried playing but threw down in disgust while barely able to retain my vomit in my mouth?

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
8/18/17 9:13 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: In reply to fidelity101: I was referring specifically to being able to write down the notes for a stage, mute the in-game codriver, and practice it with an actual codriver- can't do that when they're randomized.

oh... well thats a cool idea!

Ricky Spanish wrote: Is this dudebro flatbrimmed out like the previous Dirt games I tried playing but threw down in disgust while barely able to retain my vomit in my mouth?

nope

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/18/17 10:00 a.m.
fidelity101 wrote:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: In reply to fidelity101: I was referring specifically to being able to write down the notes for a stage, mute the in-game codriver, and practice it with an actual codriver- can't do that when they're randomized.
oh... well thats a cool idea!

Works just fine in Dirt Rally, and is actually really good practice for getting your pacing down- including staying on the notes when you have an absurd wreck and get disoriented

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xWMwrVOUwUDrN2IXDAzeB8eRaR9tc7P34lYPkx32Jei4XwjEX1iVvQpmtHiV4hXp