BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/4/17 10:55 a.m.

I'm about 10 years late to this party, but have loaded it up and have been taking it for a spin recently. Back in November they launched a free to play option, so without feeling any pressure to spend a dedicated 30 days or pay a subscription I jumped in.

I've been active for about 4 days and am getting hooked. It's not an action game like Wing Commander, Tie Fighter, or Descent. It's more of a MMO-RTS (although they call themselves a MMORPG). I'm just about through with the tutorial/career section of the game. After that it's on to the free for all.

Any one else play?

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
6/4/17 11:40 a.m.

I thought Eve was a vagina cleaning product. I thought this was going to be a weird fetish website link.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/4/17 11:41 a.m.
Huckleberry wrote: I thought Eve was a vagina cleaning product.

Only in Summer

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
6/4/17 2:19 p.m.

I spent a few hours with it on a free weekend a while ago and didn't do much with it. I have a hard time with PVP games where if I die, I lose my gear/ship. Isn't that how eve works? I might be tempted to give it another go if you have positive things to say.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/4/17 2:31 p.m.

You are not wrong, but that said I have 8 ships and I've only played a few days. You only lose what you risk and I gather it's best to not pick a fight solo.

I'm still going through the career stuff. It's not real challenging, but I'm learning and building up a good amount of assets (ships, arsenal, materials, etc). I haven't had any PvP encounters yet (though technically it could happen any time).

My plan is to finish the career then join a corporation and play with friends. Then I'll test the PvP waters.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
6/10/17 4:46 p.m.

I fired up an old 14 day trial account when I found out Eve went free to play. Only been playing about a week and going through the tutorials and noobie missions again as its been several years since I played last.

Applied to Eve University Corp. Lots of good info on their website.

Names Cptn BoB if you want to look me up.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
6/10/17 5:25 p.m.

My experience was more "accountants in space" then fun. But different stokes and all that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dp6mYY9DTRD3w1mvZ9mfucL4bmRRFlxItfvMfQDWMnjOVftYgSpCkoRBf4rfE59B