calteg
calteg Dork
6/6/16 9:05 a.m.
revrico wrote: What, if any, mods is everybody running? I just got the unofficial patch and a clutter remover I attempts to boost my frame rate, but I'm looking for some more stuff to do/make use of

Just running the Dark Skies mod. Makes things much more atmospheric, and actually makes the night vision scopes useful. I'm hesitant to mod too much. Bethesda products are buggy enough as is.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
6/9/16 10:40 a.m.
revrico wrote: What, if any, mods is everybody running? I just got the unofficial patch and a clutter remover I attempts to boost my frame rate, but I'm looking for some more stuff to do/make use of

Cheat Menu Holotape......get whatever you want, whenever you want it. Get money, berkeley bitches!

revrico
revrico HalfDork
6/9/16 10:44 a.m.

This playthrough is going to require hardcore anti radiation. Been catching some videos on YouTube lately of some AMAZING locations hidden in the south west, below the map border.

Since getting my one I've been stuck on forza, but these videos really make me want to go explore the radioactive wastelan all over again

WOW Really Paul?
6/9/16 10:59 a.m.

There's a mod called "Equestria Friendship Radio"

MNDSM would be proud.

WOW Really Paul?
7/6/16 10:51 a.m.

Well, I haven't ventured too far with mods, but I am very thrilled with the Modern Firearms mod......I don't even carry any weapons from the original game now. Also a great one is the x-02 enclave power armor.....

RevRico
RevRico HalfDork
7/6/16 11:04 a.m.

Deluxe edition with all DLC currently on sale for $55, which is half price, in the Xbox Live store if you've been thinking about it lately.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
7/6/16 11:12 a.m.
revrico wrote: This playthrough is going to require hardcore anti radiation. Been catching some videos on YouTube lately of some AMAZING locations hidden in the south west, below the map border. Since getting my one I've been stuck on forza, but these videos really make me want to go explore the radioactive wastelan all over again

Doesn't a HazMat suit do everything but <1 Rad even down there?

RevRico
RevRico HalfDork
7/6/16 11:18 a.m.

In reply to RossD:

I've heard the hazmat suit is safe there radiation wise, but the monsters I've seen say power armor is the way to go. I can't play stealthy enough to battle alpha deathclaws without armor.

I always wind up playing the same way, so forcing a change to my normal buildout will be a nice change. Might just buy it on the One this week because 22 FPS is killing me on my laptop, even running declutter mods and low settings

WOW Really Paul?
7/6/16 11:35 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Eyl14pkNkGI

This is just a few of the options......haven't found the 88mm German yet, but I have several that aren't included in this video, such as the Knights Armament rifles, m61 Vulcan 20mm, PSL 7.62x54r rifle, and a few others....ability to add a masterkey shotgun or 40mm grenade launcher is also welcome.

I've also been running around dressed up as V on a vendetta of vengeance.

WOW Really Paul?
7/6/16 11:40 a.m.

In reply to RevRico:

Rock good modified power armor and laugh as they can only knock you down.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
9/3/16 8:44 a.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
9/3/16 8:48 a.m.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/3/17 12:41 p.m.

Well as usual I am late to the game. I bought it for used for XBone and so far I'm enjoying building stuff.

I think I may need to buy a guide. There is so much in this game and it's starting to make my head spin. I've just played it for about 8 hours and found out there is fast travel. :facepalm:

I'll probably read back through this thread as well to see if there are any pointers.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
1/3/17 2:40 p.m.

Thanks for bumping this. I as well got a xbone and used copy of fallout 4 for Christmas. Even having played fallout extensively on the 360, its kicking my ass.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
1/3/17 2:46 p.m.

i'M GOING TO have to break mine back out again. I'd been playing BF1 and carmagedon lately.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/3/17 4:08 p.m.

Good lord I just read through the earlier posts and I'm so confused and have so many questions.

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/3/17 4:51 p.m.

I just started last week on PC and also have about 8 hours in. I know the fallout basics from 3 and new Vegas but to this day can't keep track of all the damn stats.

A lot of good tips in this thread. I am tempted to play with mods but I don't want to disable achievements.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/4/17 6:19 p.m.

Is there a way to merge items from one workshop to another? There's a couple settlements that could use some more items that I have plenty of at another one.

There's a couple places that I've been already that was more than I can handle. Came across the super mutants at the water treatment plant. Once the RPGs came out, I high tailed it for the hills.

Also, once you've cleared a location, do the raiders come back? There's a lot of stuff to carry that I could go back for that I wasn't able to the first go round.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
1/4/17 6:39 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

In workshop mode, you can select npc people and send them out to setup trade routes between settlements. Does make things a lot easier.

I've never really needed the power armour for fighting, but it's spectacular for hauling stuff.

Raiders will come back, but I'm fairly certain they are at the level you killed them at, so if/when you go back they're just an annoyance.

Speaking of power armour, SAVE EVERY FUSION PACK YOU FIND. they're very very rare in the beginning.

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/4/17 6:40 p.m.

theres also a perk that allows you to share workshop items between settlements.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
1/4/17 6:58 p.m.
failboat wrote: theres also a perk that allows you to share workshop items between settlements.

There's a perk for that? I thought it was just select and send trade route or supply line. I haven't played in a while, really should I still have dlc to finish, so memory isn't that great.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/4/17 7:32 p.m.
RevRico wrote: In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid: In workshop mode, you can select npc people and send them out to setup trade routes between settlements. Does make things a lot easier. I've never really needed the power armour for fighting, but it's spectacular for hauling stuff. Raiders will come back, but I'm fairly certain they are at the level you killed them at, so if/when you go back they're just an annoyance. Speaking of power armour, SAVE EVERY FUSION PACK YOU FIND. they're very very rare in the beginning.

Ok, I have only enough settlers to do chores around the settlements. I have the antennas to attract settlers, so hopefully I can get an NPC to do that soon.

I've only found a couple fusion cores, so I'm not trying to use the armor if I can help it.

I just completed the chemical polymer facility (near the police station) today and dealt with a glowing one for the first time. I really need to find a faster way to kill the Feral Ghouls as well.

Also at some point do you get armor for Dogmeat? He could definitely use some.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
1/4/17 8:54 p.m.

There is some dog armor you can get from Raider dogs. I think it might turn up in a few vendors, too.

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/5/17 4:03 a.m.
RevRico wrote:
failboat wrote: theres also a perk that allows you to share workshop items between settlements.
There's a perk for that? I thought it was just select and send trade route or supply line. I haven't played in a while, really should I still have dlc to finish, so memory isn't that great.

I think you may be right. I just got the perk and hadn't checked it out yet until last night. I could not access my items at another location yet, maybe I do have to send them like you said. Dang.

I think I misunderstood the description of the perk

WOW Really Paul?
1/5/17 5:05 p.m.

In reply to failboat:

It's the local leader perk IIRC. Step 2 of it allows you to have your own stores.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nR4YLUE9CNkSgW3E9MVSXqgs8UwiFcztvbWHJPs8wVy6XAHKUtgE8HmtdE3kAwAi