scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
9/26/17 2:37 p.m.

So, the demo was released a couple days ago, and I finally figured I'd see what my computer would do on the dark side (aka Windows) with it.  I found an extra spinny hard drive and loaded up Windows 10 (don't do that; use an SSD if you value your life) on it.  I managed to set up my wheel and pedals.

My poor GTX 950 seems to be about the bottom of the curve.  I had it on 1080P and it was hitting roughly 30FPS on the benchmark.  (The CPU is an i7-5890x, so the HDD and the GPU are the slowies.  Also, I didn't fiddle with the image quality.  I just used their suggestions, but bumped it to 1080.) 

Honestly, my initial impressions were that the physics were much better than Forza 4 that I last played, but I was having ridiculous lift-throttle oversteer on the Porsche (that might be realistic, though.) and I wasn't sure that the steering was set to anything over 90 degrees in either direction.  Seems like a decent replacement for Forza 4 if I can get the inputs more in order.

As far as graphics... well, I think I need a better video card?  It turned off anti-aliasing and it looked pretty bad.  

Anyway, I only got an hour to play with the demo over the weekend, since I had to set up Windows 10, twice, including all the updates and such to get it to work.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
11/3/17 3:58 p.m.

First car pack

4.3Gb update and car pack today.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
11/13/17 1:40 p.m.

Yeah the addition of the Porsche 935 is huge. Now if somebody will put a 917 in a game I’ll be a happy man.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J HalfDork
12/14/17 2:05 a.m.

I've seen lots of FM7 hate on Twitter from longtime console sim racers, but to be honest I really like this game. The physics are still not 100% sim but better than previous installments in my opinion as a low end grassroots enthusiast who prefers racing crapwagons over state of the art LMPs and F1 stuff. My biggest gripe is an overabundance of SUVs and Offroad vehicles in a game that is all tarmac.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EbkE7BibuVMGodbhVYDwOhHIiehUfy02feLPrQn8KVkE6AdecD0OMJkl3lmpzh4r