1 2 3
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/6/17 6:52 p.m.

It really doesn't drive that different from what I can tell, mostly just more steering feedback.

I have not done a lot of tuned car driving though, mostly because the online official online races don't allow it.

I really wouldn't bother to much with PC2 on a controller, but you should mess around with views and settings to see what you like.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/6/17 9:04 p.m.

I hope to be up and running ordered a ps4 Pro and a new g29. 

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/10/17 11:53 p.m.

I’ve been having a blast with the daily spec Miata races. It’s been great getting a podium EVERY race! Seriously, either I’m a real hot shoe, or the matching system needs work!

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/13/17 1:49 p.m.

The recent update really fixed all of the issues, i have absolutely no problems with this game anymore! Also the addition of a bunch of cars is really welcome as I am looking forward to having some older cars in the game and some of the classic Japanese sports cars from the 90s.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
12/26/17 11:15 a.m.

The Mrs. picked this up for me for Christmas.  Haven't had time to play around with it yet.  I'm hoping my Logitech wheel will work with the PS4.  Haven't tried it yet because I've never had a PS4 racing game up to this point.  I'm very much a "casual gamer" these days when it comes to racing games.  Hopefully, it has some varied skill levels in the on-line racing.  I wouldn't mind getting into it, but hate the "u suk noob" aspect of a lot of the current GT6 online races. 

In other news, my son got the PS4 VR setup and "Star Trek Bridge Crew", so the PS4 probably won't be available much for a while. 

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
12/26/17 12:21 p.m.

Got it for Christmas along with a G29 which I’m still messing with to find a right set up though, will be my first real forge in to online racing so this should be interesting.

PSN is arsefaced207 am also on Dirt, project cars 1, and ESO as of late.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/26/17 12:35 p.m.
kazoospec said:

... I'm hoping my Logitech wheel will work with the PS4.  Haven't tried it yet because I've never had a PS4 racing game up to this point. ...

Unless it's a G29, it will not work without the DriveHub adaptor: https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

Be aware the adaptor requires a dedicated controller to be plugged into it (and not functional other then that), and it appears to have to be an actual Sony controller.  You can do the math, but it might be worth it to get a new G29 (which has some additional controls the G27 doesn't).  If you have the G27 shifter, I am pretty sure it can be used for the G29, so you only need to get the wheel / pedel setup.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
12/26/17 2:34 p.m.
JtspellS said:

Got it for Christmas along with a G29 which I’m still messing with to find a right set up though, will be my first real forge in to online racing so this should be interesting.

PSN is arsefaced207 am also on Dirt, project cars 1, and ESO as of late.

Make the jump to Project Cars 2 and come join the Wednesday night series!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/26/18 1:11 p.m.

GT Sport just did another update for those not paying attention.  They added Monza and some more variations of one of the custom tracks.  Cars added are shown below.  One, not so nice, trend to return is the 20 million cr cars.... sigh.  Since I did not know about the cr farming glitch (enter pits backwards) I don't have the huge cr I had with GT6, it is highly unlikely I will ever purchase one of them (not sure if they are available as gift cars).  The good news, I guess, about them is that they are in the Gr.X class, so you really can't race them against anything except themselves.  We really didn't get any use out of the 20 mill cars in GT6 either.

Nice to see the Supra and the 2000GT though.

• 2002 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe (N500)
  • 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 (Gr.X)
  • 1976 Ferrari 512BB (N400)
  • 2006 Ford GT (N600)
  • 1966 Jaguar XJ13 (Gr.X)
  • 2000 Lamborghini Diablo GT (N600)
  • 1994 McLaren F1 (N600)
  • 1967 Toyota 2000GT (N200)
  • 2014 Toyota FT-1 (N500)
  • 1997 Toyota Supra RZ (N300)
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/26/18 1:15 p.m.

I also wanted to note that I did share the GRM logos on GTS.  I can not see them when I search for them (search for "GRM"), but they do show in the recent activity area as being uploaded by me.  There are two (the logo and the tag line) since both together are too large.

Can someone do a search and see if they can find them?  Not sure why they don't show up for me.  It does show that people have downloaded them, so someone is finding them.  Maybe you can't search for things you have uploaded.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
1/26/18 1:22 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I found them, and may or may not have already applied them to a car or two.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
1/26/18 1:34 p.m.

Crossing my fingers they fixed the race start problems in the lobbies. It’s totally berkeleying up my KSRL league. 

Nutsid
Nutsid
1/26/18 1:58 p.m.

I bought the game the day it was released and was playing it pretty heavily for the first few weeks... then work happened.  For the months since then, I've been working 70+ hours a week and haven't had the mental energy to really dedicate into racing online.

Having said that, the overtime has drained away and I should be able to start logging laps again.  Controller player.  Nutsid on PSN if anyone wants to add me.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/26/18 3:39 p.m.
Spoolpigeon said:

Crossing my fingers they fixed the race start problems in the lobbies. It’s totally berkeleying up my KSRL league. 

It's supposed to fix "stability issues" with online lobbies.  What issues are you having?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
1/27/18 10:47 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

When you start a race in a lobby, one or more cars won’t leave the line, dead in the water. Super annoying. To get around it we just grid up at the start line, have the leader count down to launch and just race a set number of laps. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
1/31/18 11:25 a.m.

A couple of updates: I've been messing around with this a little more and found a T80 wheel for $86 on Scamazon.  So far, it's not great, but WAAAAY better than a controller.  Probably appropriate price-wise for my current commitment level to the game.  Second, I tried out the VR mode yesterday.  It's pretty cool, but not something I'll be able to do regularly.  The lack of actual movement compared to the perceived movement in the game is too much for my equilibrium.  My son loves it though.  I heard him giggling downstairs and went to check on him.  He told me "when I hit the wall, it feels like I'm really gonna die!".  I guess that's an endorsement. 

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
2/2/18 8:15 p.m.

I have a t80 for GTS also. It’s better than a controller, but the freaking brakes need an adjustment. That pedal is on or off. No gradual sensitivity. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
2/4/18 6:07 p.m.

Any of you guys figure out the decal uploader?  I looked at it a bit, but it seems to be beyond my old man computer skills.  If it isn't a huge amount of work, I'd love to have my local club's logo uploaded.

It looks like this: 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/4/18 8:20 p.m.

If I have time I will take a shot at it.  

You need a vector based drawing program (I use illustrator) that can save to that strange file format.  The artwork has to be super small (under 15k) which can be a challenge. That logo should translate well, but it's a pretty small file.  I will likely have to see if I can figure out what font they used.

My first apple had 64k of memory, and I am complaining that 15k is tiny!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
2/4/18 8:31 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

It’s not the size of the memory, it’s how you use it. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
2/4/18 8:51 p.m.

Appreciate you giving it a shot, but don't invest too much time in it.  I watched a couple "how to" videos and decided it was WAAAAY beyond me.  

Whether it works or not, thanks for giving it a go.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/4/18 9:43 p.m.

I have already done a few, so the process is easy enough for me.

I even have specially decorated car with a number of custom stickers I really need to enter one of Spools races with...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/6/18 7:49 p.m.

Logo is up.  The font isn't exact, but it's close.

Search for "furrin" in decals.  I have been unable to find any of my own, so I can't test.  Also, checking the Activity Feed might show it if you are a friend (which I think you are).

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
2/7/18 6:37 a.m.

That is so cool!  If you don't mind, I'll share it on the club's Facebook page.  It looks perfect to me.  Thanks a million.  Hope you aren't too much of a collector/purist, because I'll probably slap these on everything I "own", including the Ferrari F40.  wink 

BMWGeoff
BMWGeoff New Reader
2/7/18 8:58 a.m.

I just picked up a PS4 for the wife (she's about to take a year of maternity leave), and it came with GTS free, so I figured why not.

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to gaming, but I want to give it a try, and possibly pick up a decent wheel and pedal set (since real racing far exceeds my current budget).

Any tips for a beginner? Both in terms of gameplay and future hardware purchases?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XsFuVO2ckZ3qyuSrQBjIRmfqR5njT8Aeak1YPyFkWqPzEV7RFOErgwpRoCbfhXIs