1 2 3
BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
2/9/17 4:33 p.m.

Ok, I'm starting the hype train a bit early... and that is on purpose. I don't have any idea of the greatness (or lack there of) of this game, BUT I do know how long it takes you fools to get organized. Get your PS4s, get your new wheels, and get ready for late 2017's first Project Cars 2 GRM League.

The feature I'm most excited about is the online league management. Supposedly it will automatically stream the race, save the replay, update points and standings, and even allow for stream directors and commentary. That could be awesome if they do it right (watch the second video).

https://www.youtube.com/embed/v5MESKmFtQs

This has actual details about the game. https://www.youtube.com/embed/N00bbKltIsc

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/1/17 9:59 p.m.
GTPlanet said: Something that should put a smile on the face of any endurance racing fan is that multi-class racing will also be present in the Project CARS successor. The_American has told us we will be provided the opportunity to race with up to four classes at the same time on track. Approximately 30 vehicle classes will be available, so the combinations should be nearly endless. For those looking for even more realism, a formation lap at the beginning of the race and a victory lap at the end will be included. Falling out of the formation will incur the player a penalty. Once the race has been completed, collisions will be turned off on players’ vehicles during the victory lap, so they do not interfere with others. Additionally, information regarding penalties has been shown. Instead of having a five-second engine power reduction as seen in the original Project CARS game, pCARS 2 will feature real-world penalties, such as warnings, time and drive-through penalties, position “give backs”, and disqualifications.

Link: https://www.gtplanet.net/new-details-emerge-about-project-cars-2s-manual-pit-stops-multi-class-racing-and-more/

Multi class racing? Real penalties? Driver rating system?

ImSoTired
ImSoTired New Reader
3/2/17 10:37 p.m.

This looks great. As someone with close to 500 hours in Project Cars, this really does look like they've taken everything they learned with the first game and built on it in smart ways. Particularly the League Management system. Can't wait. I wonder what else they have in store?

Schrödinger's Flight Service
Schrödinger's Flight Service MegaDork
3/22/17 7:57 a.m.

From what I hear it is an upgrade and not necessarily a an all new game. (despite being marketed as such)

Taking lessons learned and capital from PC and evolving it.

Which is a great thing.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/22/17 8:26 a.m.

They are trying hard to tell you it's not an upgrade, but frankly I don't care. The original was pretty good (after getting through the initial release). A few new features would make it one if the best racing games ever?

I really hope they get the league and driver management right. Add a couple more tracks. And a couple tweaks to the AI and I'll be good. VR (on PS4) support would be a bonus but I haven't heard anything on that.

3/22/17 8:30 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

That is where I am at. Porsche doesn't crack off an all new 911 for a reason. Just iterative improvements and some sheet metal bits.

That is what I look at this as. Now if they can get league management down, that would be the difference in Tiptronic and PDK.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/22/17 8:31 a.m.

VR for PCars is underwhelming anyway. I hope they don't waste any effort on that until some better headsets come out.

I wish they would allow for cross-play :/

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/22/17 8:33 a.m.

Just scanned around and they announced we will be getting COTA. I can't wait to see how many cars I can crush in T1.

3/22/17 8:38 a.m.
ProDarwin wrote: VR for PCars is underwhelming anyway. I hope they don't waste any effort on that until some better headsets come out. I wish they would allow for cross-play :/

LG has the new flexible screen.

Imagine a VR set that is mounted to where your visor on your full face helmet goes...

I am not sold on VR yet either. PC or PS4. Still doesn't seem right.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/22/17 9:29 a.m.

I use VR a fair amount. Its right for some things. Fast paced gaming is not one of them

There is this: https://vrworld.com/2017/01/30/pimax-8k-vr-headset/

But, no way in hell a PS4 is going to drive that. I'm skeptical of the comfort as well.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
5/10/17 11:39 a.m.

Just a friendly update... you can pre-order now (and Amazon already has a $4 discount on the PS4 version).

https://www.youtube.com/embed/f70OOqeJB8o

https://www.youtube.com/embed/neJwOxqyoVM

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/20/17 3:53 p.m.

Popping in this thread to say I'm down for a PS4 PC2 league when it drops. Been Playing PC for a couple months and am finding it a much more satisfying driving experience than GT6. It seems to nicely bridge the gap between GT6's arcadishness and iRacing's punitively accurate physics.

The current online experience for PC isn't bad. Not particularly active at the moment, but the pickup races I've been involved in have been fun, competitive and featured a minimum of griefers.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/20/17 4:42 p.m.

If the new version of GT does not come out soon I may be there with you. Kind of getting board with GT6. The people are fun but the game is getting old.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/20/17 5:11 p.m.

It's getting close. 9/22

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EcJR5d-DJzs

Can't embed from my phone.

Edit: embedded

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/26/17 8:47 a.m.

Here's a little more of a hands on impression...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tgi4aadWN6s

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
7/12/17 8:45 a.m.

Official Track list:

• Autodromo Internacional Do Algarve
  • Azure Circuit (Inspired by Monaco)
  • Azure Coast (5 Layouts)
  • Bannochbrae Road Circuit
  • Brands Hatch (2 Layouts)
  • Brno
  • Cadwell Park (3 Layouts)
  • Chesterfield Karting Circuit
  • Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya (3 Layouts)
  • Donington Park (2 Layouts)
  • Glencairn Karting Circuit (6 Layouts)
  • Greenwood Karting Circuit
  • Hockenheimring (3 Layouts)
  • Hockenheimring Rallycross
  • Hockenheimring Classic
  • Imola
  • Knockhill Racing Circuit (5 Layouts)
  • Knockhill Rallycross
  • Hell (Rallycross)
  • Circuit De 24 Heures Du Mans (2 Layouts)
  • Le Mans Karting International
  • Loheac (Rallycross)
  • Lydden Hill (2 Layouts)
  • Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track (6 Layouts)
  • Monza (2 Layouts)
  • Historic Monza (3 Layouts)
  • Nurburgring Nordschleife (4 Layouts)
  • Nurburgring Nordschleife + GP combined
  • Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (3 Layouts)
  • Oulton Park (3 Layouts)
  • Red Bull Ring (3 Layouts)
  • Rouen Les Essarts (2 Layouts)
  • Sampala Ice Circuit
  • Silverstone (4 Layouts)
  • Silverstone Classic
  • Snetterton (3 Layouts)
  • Circuit De Spa
  • Circuit De Spa Historic
  • Summerton Karting Circuit (3 Layouts)
  • Wildcrest Rallycross (2 Layouts)
  • Zolder
  • California Highway (5 Layouts)
  • Circuit of The Americas (COTA) (3 Layouts)
  • Daytona International Speedway (2 Layouts)
  • Daytona Rallycross
  • Dirtfish (3 Layouts)
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway (2 Layouts)
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Long Beach Street Circuit
  • Mojave (5 Layouts)
  • Road America
  • Sonoma Raceway (3 Layouts)
  • Texas Motor Speedway (3 Layouts)
  • Watkins Glen International (2 Layouts)
  • Willow Springs International Raceway (2 Layouts)
  • Bathurst Mount Panorama
  • Dubai Autodrome GP (4 Layouts)
  • Dubai Kartdrome
  • Fuji Speedway
  • Ruapuna Park (5 Layouts)
  • Sakitto (4 Layouts)
  • Sportsland Sugo
  • Zhuhai International Circuit

So, a couple choices.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
7/12/17 9:41 a.m.
BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
7/24/17 9:09 a.m.

I'm putting together the beginnings of our first series (still WIP) but figured I would solicit opinions on the cars we want to run. I'm leaning to GT3 or GT4, but want to see who GTE cars compare to GT3 spec.

Any thoughts?

PCars2 Car list

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
8/19/17 6:29 p.m.

Release is fast approaching, and the development team is saying all the right things...

Dev live stream

New trailer

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
9/14/17 11:50 a.m.

Pirelli World Challenge

As soon as I learn the administrator tools for this game, I will be starting a series for XBOne.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
9/14/17 11:56 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

Wish there was cross-play 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
9/14/17 12:20 p.m.

Yeah :(

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/14/17 3:21 p.m.

Ah, yes, I see there is a YouTube button...  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
9/14/17 3:28 p.m.
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/14/17 5:04 p.m.
Schrödinger's Flight Service said:
ProDarwin wrote: VR for PCars is underwhelming anyway. I hope they don't waste any effort on that until some better headsets come out. I wish they would allow for cross-play :/

LG has the new flexible screen.

Imagine a VR set that is mounted to where your visor on your full face helmet goes...

I am not sold on VR yet either. PC or PS4. Still doesn't seem right.

Heck, if you have flexible screens, just surround your rig with a giant screen!  

No VR needed!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n8WZSeZYUa7CBYVqtT2xijQT6Nqw55buNNrwMVbrJPFBRbAUvCwVoQVWm7Czx8Yx