1 2 3 4 5
fstbandit
fstbandit Reader
5/14/15 9:23 a.m.

So after playing the game more, and finding a controller set up, this game is very addictive, still some bugs here and there most of them not a big deal, still don't have a patch for the "steering lock" bug, but it is tolerable with the controller set up. I have yet to try online racing, anybody tried?

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/14/15 10:42 a.m.

No, with as much adpting as I need for this game, I havent even thought about online yet. I'm pretty used to it at this point, but not comfortable enough to not ruin anyone else time on it yet.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
5/14/15 1:16 p.m.

So it looks to be THE driving game for PS4 until GT7(2017)now to buy.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
5/22/15 3:40 p.m.

Anyone have fresh feedback on the game now that it has been out for a bit? PS4 version?

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
5/22/15 6:34 p.m.

It's a racing game, plain and simple. No upgrading cars, no earning money, and no fiddling around with bottom rung cars unless you want to.

That said, it is a FANTASTIC racing game. No matter your experience, the difficulty is customizable so every race is white knuckle. I've got a bad habit of overcooking corners trying to chase people down. The ability to have 29 AI drivers on course with you is also pretty amazing after games like GT and Forza that limit you to 6 or 8 (maybe 12?). Of course, that many opponents makes race starts utterly terrifying. You can turn on mechanical failures but sometimes they're a bit brutal. I was fighting my way through the ranks when halfway through a race my engine blew.

The game looks great. I'm a bit jaded by all of the fantastic looking games lately so I don't think it's anything special but it's no slouch either. My biggest complaint is the damage modeling. Yes, there is damage but it's pretty limited. I don't understand how a game like Grand Theft Auto can have such varied damage models but a racing game can't.

I don't feel like it's a true simulation game but it's hard to tell as I'm still using a couple of driving aids until I'm more comfortable with it. It reminds me a lot of the original Grid.

TL:DR version: It's a great looking game that you can immediately jump into and have loads of fun. While I don't think it will have the longevity of GT or Forza you also don't have to play for hours to get into the fun stuff like those games. If you have a PS4 it's also just about your only option for a decent racing game right now. Also, berkeley karts.

FWIW I'm playing on a PS4 using a regular controller.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/29/15 12:29 a.m.

Absolutely horrendous game on the One. Tried the Clio Cup series to start out, figuring it would be the easiest way to learn the game. The only thing I've learned is that I'm a lot more patient in my old age. I would have twisted a controller in half if this game had come out in the early 360 days. Every attempt to make the Clio not swap ends under braking OR transitioning from one direction to the other, has resulted in a car that pushes terribly upon corner entry, and takes forever to stop. As in, the AI set at 30% out-brakes me. That is, when they aren't running me over!

Glitches galore, and several unfinished parts tell me this game STILL isn't ready for public consumption. Now I hear they're looking for people to crowd-fund PC-2 now (Even though they insist they still have a team working on fixes for PC-1).

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/29/15 12:38 a.m.

Seems like it might be a game that will be much more enjoyable with a wheel setup. It sounds a bit like Enthusia for the PS2 which was brutally realistic and honestly, not ideal for a console or PC game. Imagine driving a car around a course with a remote control, with no physical cues about what's going on with the car.

I hope they fix it and make it what it should be. If for nothing else, to act as good competition for the next GT game.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/29/15 7:03 a.m.

Enthusia was a much better game, and much more fun to play. By FAR. It at least felt like Konami cared about driving games. PCars feels like a bunch of guys at a racing LAN party decided to make a game, with no knowledge of how to do anything required, from beta testing to marketing.

People with a wheel report the same glitches and game freezing. Takes several tries to get into a multi-player lobby, if you can get in one at all. The game was not finished, and was sent out anyways.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/29/15 7:56 a.m.

Assetto Corsa is fun....

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
7/16/15 9:20 p.m.

PS4 and Cars will be here next week. #PrimeDayFail bought it from Walmart.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
7/17/15 9:03 a.m.
BradLTL wrote: PS4 and Cars will be here next week. #PrimeDayFail bought it from Walmart.

Waiting on full report.

colinshark
colinshark New Reader
9/26/15 7:54 p.m.

I have trouble with this game. It looks fantastic and sounds good, but the oversteer is super snappy, and slides are almost impossible to recover once the rear comes back into alignment (swings around twice as hard). Any car, any tires, any weather. I can carry slides in rFactor2 and Asetto Corsa. This is disappointing, because the rest of the game is very promising.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J HalfDork
11/17/15 5:06 p.m.

New patches this week, including timed events.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/18/15 10:05 a.m.

PS4 coming for christmas Project CARS will be one of the game...Online league anyone?

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
11/24/15 7:17 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: PS4 coming for christmas Project CARS will be one of the game...Online league anyone?

I've got it and am waiting for the rest of the GT6 crowd to upgrade.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/25/15 7:56 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
11/25/15 9:37 a.m.

Getting mine this week. An online league would be great when we have enough drivers.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/25/15 10:14 a.m.
BradLTL wrote:
Flight Service wrote: PS4 coming for christmas Project CARS will be one of the game...Online league anyone?
I've got it and am waiting for the rest of the GT6 crowd to upgrade.

What are you guys using for wheels (I know Argo was smart enough to get a Fantech)? I have read that the PS4 will NOT support the G27 line. I find that pretty ridiculous if true. The cost of going to PS4 + Cars (or GT6) + wheel (pedals) + online subscription quickly heads towards $1000... argh. If that is the case, the transition will not be fast.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/25/15 10:35 a.m.

I won't be using a wheel and peddles at first...

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
11/25/15 11:15 a.m.

Most Thrustmaster wheels, all Fanatec wheels, and the Logitech G29 are compatible with PS4 and Project CARS. Unfortunately, not the G27.

On the bright side, PS4s are $299 at many places on Black Friday.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
11/25/15 2:09 p.m.

Here is the actual cost to go PS4 CARS racing if you have nothing:

Best budget approach (you can always spend more...lots more...)

PS4 500GB Console $299

Force Feedback Racing Wheel (Thrustmaster) starting from $149

Project CARS game $25

PS Network 1 year membership $50

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
11/26/15 9:56 p.m.

The whole g27 and other wheels seems like a money grab by Sony that Logitech doesn't want to pay. It's BS. The wheels work, the PS4 won't install a driver so games can't recognize or use them.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/26/15 11:42 p.m.

The no G27 is keeping me from going PS4. I have an old thrustmaster wheel. I wonder if it would work.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/27/15 12:54 a.m.

The strange part here though is that the reason they don't work is because of some BS verification that is required or something (wheels WILL work, but only for 8 min, then they fail verification).

So, why do Fantech wheels (like Argo's, which I am sure he did not buy in the last few months) work? I don't think there is anyway they have the security. The early suspicion is that individual games could write their own drivers, this may be what happened with Cars. Argo, Do your wheels buttons work in the main PS4 menus after 8 min?

This bodes well for potential support in GT6 at least. Either way, it looks like some figured out a way to spoof the PS4:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1125782

Kind of silly, but better then shelling out another couple hundred bucks when you have a perfectly functional wheel.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
11/27/15 8:20 p.m.

I'll try it with my DFGT wheel next week. Will report results.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ao0lW8PijEWJ9bgYZCkfvFDDNoiD0iNgTfquP2mEomnv2I3VZRfvMDzN2oF8uT3t