Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
12/26/13 3:43 p.m.
  1. This section isn't limited to just racing games and sims. If you want to talk Madden, Everquest, Doom, Maniac Mansion, Pilotwings or Leisure Suit Larry, go for it.

2. If you want to coordinate online multiplayer sessions (races, raids, whatever), that's totally cool.

3. As usual, this is a family friendly forum. Don't say anything you wouldn't want your kids to read. On that note, maybe it's best to leave Leisure Suit Larry out.

4. Have fun.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
12/26/13 7:11 p.m.

Wow! Thanks, Alan!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/26/13 7:42 p.m.

Yes, enjoy. I got an e-mail from someone this weekend discussing an upcoming Forza race--one they were taking as seriously as a non-sim race. So that got us talking that sim racing is really another part of our world--time to give you guys a place to talk, plan, socialize and whatever.

Enjoy the new forum and have fun. Thanks again for hanging out in our space.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/26/13 8:23 p.m.

So, this is more of a GRM Gaming forum, then? I take speed runs very seriously.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
12/26/13 9:54 p.m.

David... I think I may know "that guy".

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/27/13 11:14 a.m.

@ David,

You should see the on going GT5 races. How serious do we take them? Lets put it this way, When I sit down in my racing seat with my G27 wheel at the start of the races I find my self looking for my belts to cinch them down. It is very disconcerting to not be tightening the belts down at the start of a GT5 race. Old habits die hard I guess. LOL

It is all in fun but yes we all take it a bit more seriously than "just another video game" I think the biggest thing is that there are real people out there that you are racing against and do it on a weekly basis and you get to know all of them. Driving habits etc. And thanks to the forum here on GRM we also get to know a little bit about each other personally as well as we can toss some smack around.

While Sim racing does not completely replace the real thing it good enough (for me at least) that it is a viable substitute. There are many upsides to it and depending on how much you want to invest in equipment it can get darn close to the real thing.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
12/27/13 12:15 p.m.

I found it to be an affordable substitute for my racing fix.

Best part is the ability to practice any night of the week. Try buying lap time at Seca, Silverstone and Suzuka.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/30/14 9:06 a.m.

Glad to see this forum getting some action. Thanks for joining us.

John Brown
John Brown MegaDork
1/30/14 9:07 a.m.

Thanks for being here ;)

pasban00
pasban00 New Reader
3/8/15 11:32 p.m.

Software engineers apply the principles of engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers or anything containing software work

Farasat

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/8/15 11:44 p.m.

Canoe engineers apply the principle of engineering on design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the hardware and systems that make canoes or anything buoyant float.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f6l6wEfHgazKUZRJlqRah8Ec9g4hNtre0s6kaVF7fdmtm6jSgnU6v0WOkgraXZ1r