1 2 3 4
BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/30/16 6:18 a.m.

I want your opinions: How does the 3rd Horizon compare to the 2nd one? Specifically, is it worth the extra$$ for the 3rd one if I just want something to play around with on my own when I'm feeling bored. I wouldn't care much about online play and dlc stuff. Am I correct that neither version of the game has split screen multiplayer?

The Canadian
The Canadian Reader
9/30/16 9:18 a.m.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/1/16 8:05 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen44:

I'm honestly not sure on the split-screen, but if you're not worried about playing online, FM2 is a perfectly acceptable game. And even that you can play online.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
10/4/16 11:45 a.m.

The new car pack dropped today and it includes a P71!

I'm beside myself.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/4/16 12:01 p.m.

Goddammit. I need this.

jde
jde HalfDork
10/4/16 12:45 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: I want your opinions: How does the 3rd Horizon compare to the 2nd one? Specifically, is it worth the extra$$ for the 3rd one if I just want something to play around with on my own when I'm feeling bored. I wouldn't care much about online play and dlc stuff. Am I correct that neither version of the game has split screen multiplayer?

The UI, layout, and gameplay are very similar...just the environment has changed. I personally love the different areas of FH3 compared to FH2, but could see others making the argument of more of the same. If you enjoyed FH2, you should enjoy FH3.

Also, if you have FH1 for the 360 (or snag a cheap copy), it is backward-compatible on the XB1.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
10/4/16 12:47 p.m.
Tactical Penguin wrote: The new car pack dropped today and it includes a P71! I'm beside myself.

Guess I'm going to have to buy the car pack. Always fun when something I own is available in game to play with.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/4/16 1:02 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Goddammit. I need this.

YES YOU DO

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/4/16 1:14 p.m.
Esoteric Nixon wrote:
YES YOU DO

Dude, I just got 450 bucks wOrth of berkeleying tickets in the mail from a car registered in my name that my ex abandoned in a berkeleying fire lane. I'm broke for a bit.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
10/4/16 1:22 p.m.

Update is live, and the Interceptor is awesome. It's making me nostalgic for my old one.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/4/16 4:20 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Esoteric Nixon wrote:
YES YOU DO
Dude, I just got 450 bucks wOrth of berkeleying tickets in the mail from a car registered in my name that my ex abandoned in a berkeleying fire lane. I'm broke for a bit.

Oh god that sucks. The MINI?

RevRico
RevRico Dork
10/5/16 10:53 p.m.

So, I'm not entirely sure how to play online with everyone else. I'm in the group or club or whatever it's called, but even when I go into online coop it puts me with random people. Isn't there a way to have BERK do a convoy or touge or something?

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/5/16 11:07 p.m.

Well, we have to be on. The Canadian (nd1983) and I are usually on in the evenings, and we generally run an online co-op. I'll look for you next time.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/5/16 11:25 p.m.
Esoteric Nixon wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Esoteric Nixon wrote:
YES YOU DO
Oh god that sucks. The MINI?

Even better. The mx6. That car was inoperable and not in a fire lane. Somehow a cop got my current address and sent me a fistful of suck. Look at the address the car was at...it's an address it had to have been pushed to. Only one person knew the ignition in it was broken, and I have the keys. So much for amicable.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
10/13/16 7:40 p.m.

All my exhibitions are done but I have a TON of championships to knock out (~60). If anyone is playing and wants to knock them out together, add me up. gamertag: RevRico420

The baby left a little while ago, so I should be online most of the way to Monday afternoon.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/15/16 7:02 p.m.

Merica!

RevRico
RevRico Dork
10/17/16 12:47 a.m.

Need to level up fast? Go to the auction house and buy a Horizon Edition BRZ. Make it S1 900, AWD. Go run my Subie Shootout exhibition at Goliath in Byron Bay. Use Triple Skills XP perk. Profit.

First place with HE BRZ pays 250k XP.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/17/16 5:41 p.m.

Donk-a-doodle-do!

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/18/16 11:37 a.m.

We see you, you offline-hiding neophyte.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
10/18/16 12:32 p.m.

I think i found a glitch/easy way to unlock the street races. Challenge drivatars on the divided highway by the airport. 5/5 this morning became 1.5mile highway pulls, super easy wins.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/18/16 5:47 p.m.
Esoteric Nixon wrote: We see you, you offline-hiding neophyte.

You see nothing.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/18/16 7:20 p.m.
1kris06 wrote: I think i found a glitch/easy way to unlock the street races. Challenge drivatars on the divided highway by the airport. 5/5 this morning became 1.5mile highway pulls, super easy wins.

There is an easier way. No checkpoints = the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Pick a curvy bit of desert and something you can hoon.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
10/24/16 11:42 a.m.

Thursday night, 10/27, at 9PM EST I am setting up and hosting a 10 event, 107 mile Rally Battle. Starting point is Maroondah Dam.

S1 Rally Monsters only. Get to building and tuning if you want to join.

2 laps at Goliath is the longest part, making up 56 miles, and taking about 30 minutes. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
10/24/16 12:49 p.m.
RevRico wrote: Thursday night, 10/27, at 9PM EST I am setting up and hosting a 10 event, 107 mile Rally Battle. Starting point is Maroondah Dam. S1 Rally Monsters only. Get to building and tuning if you want to join. 2 laps at Goliath is the longest part, making up 56 miles, and taking about 30 minutes. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

Depending on who's in, possible to push back an hour till i get off work? If not, i understand.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
10/24/16 1:11 p.m.

no problem. that's just the earliest I could do it. I'm guessing it's going to take the better part of 2 hours to do the whole thing.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TeFSgeuiQEJEr0aZLWjrB1CcCz95c9dhCgPQWddPQqXqgrUXTSDfDgyAjy6HM6lV