4 5 6 7 8
Ricky Spanish
Ricky Spanish Reader
4/18/17 10:31 a.m.

I love driving over crap and being generally destructive, especially in big ass trucks like a Range Rover or the Rambo Lambo, but the racing physics . . . seriously, it's like automatic dorifuto mode every time you try to turn.

Painful to play back to back with Forza 6.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
4/18/17 10:59 a.m.

Special one day Forzathon event today. Porsche 918 is the gift car.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/18/17 3:19 p.m.
Ricky Spanish wrote: I love driving over crap and being generally destructive, especially in big ass trucks like a Range Rover or the Rambo Lambo, but the racing physics . . . seriously, it's like automatic dorifuto mode every time you try to turn. Painful to play back to back with Forza 6.

Jusy wait til you launch a Ranger rover off a hill at 342mph.

That is not a typo.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
4/18/17 3:52 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Ricky Spanish wrote: I love driving over crap and being generally destructive, especially in big ass trucks like a Range Rover or the Rambo Lambo, but the racing physics . . . seriously, it's like automatic dorifuto mode every time you try to turn. Painful to play back to back with Forza 6.
Jusy wait til you launch a Ranger rover off a hill at 342mph. That is not a typo.

Can confirm, I've done similar.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
4/18/17 5:43 p.m.

Gearing or glitch to finally break 300?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/18/17 6:05 p.m.

Feasible legitimately to break 300mph with certain cars. Glitch to push nearly anything to 350+.

Ricky Spanish
Ricky Spanish Reader
4/19/17 9:49 a.m.
mndsm wrote:
Jusy wait til you launch a Ranger rover off a hill at 342mph. That is not a typo.

Such is the charm of the game, and why my 8 year old has completed it already while I play it casually maybe once a week.

We like to make completely insane "Bucket List" challenges for each other.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/19/17 12:45 p.m.

You would enjoy the things we've done. Spec Vandura, the driftmero, 350mph range rovers....and the nestle strawberry milk donk to name a few.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
4/22/17 4:10 p.m.

speaking of the chevy pedo van in the game, who did the GRM logo on a van in the game for driver tatars? I did a street race the other night and could not miss the GRM on the side of a chevy van.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
4/26/17 12:18 p.m.

May expansion pass dlc.

Hot Wheels

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
4/26/17 12:48 p.m.

I might start playing again when that comes out. I have zero interest in the Porsches, but hot wheels could be fun.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/26/17 3:12 p.m.

ckosacranoid wrote:

speaking of the chevy pedo van in the game, who did the GRM logo on a van in the game for driver tatars? I did a street race the other night and could not miss the GRM on the side of a chevy van.

Depends on which one. I've done two, I think other have done them as well. I did the tore up one on the vandura and the one on the ford transit. I did a legitimate pedo van, and it got me banned. I do not know what I did with the picture.

Edit- Halfway down page 3.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/26/17 3:13 p.m.

In reply to RevRico:

The Porsches are meh. I bought them anyhow because completionist, but I'm over it. Hot wheels Looksfun.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
5/4/17 8:12 a.m.

How in the hell are you guys getting a Range Rover to 342 MPH?

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
5/4/17 8:27 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

I did a grm transit van with the lsd van. I'll have to check my inventory I might have done the Chevy van too.

My flying miata logo is still doing fairly well download wise, even on non miata cars.

5 more days to finish this play through of the witcher 3 before hot wheels.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/6/17 2:15 p.m.
thedanimal wrote: How in the hell are you guys getting a Range Rover to 342 MPH?

There's a glitch. The short version is you trick the Speedo into seeing a negative value, while only being able to register positive ones. So what it does to compensate is rocket the thing forward until it hits 0, and then can go back to the normal value set.

Tldr- someone figured out how to make it work like a pullback car. We've seen nearly 300mph in the Gurkha too.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/6/17 2:16 p.m.
RevRico wrote: In reply to mndsm: I did a grm transit van with the lsd van. I'll have to check my inventory I might have done the Chevy van too. My flying miata logo is still doing fairly well download wise, even on non miata cars. 5 more days to finish this play through of the witcher 3 before hot wheels.

My answer was to merica all the things.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
5/6/17 10:18 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Jeebus..this sounds amazing. I need to check that out. I thought 270 in my aventador was fun, I can't wait to try it on everything else.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/9/17 10:02 a.m.

Hot wheels, downloaded. Hot wheels, not hotwheeling. C'mon forza I got the day off. Need to merica more.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
5/9/17 10:11 a.m.

Maybe it's the same "I downloaded but you manually need to install me" situation that came with blizzard mountain?

I won't have a chance to download till later,but go through and check your ready to install games/files.

Edit: 45 minutes later, not even a hint that it's available to download or anything.

I can only find one listing in the play store and its $80. I already paid for the expansion pass though.

Final edit: had to go to the store location of forza, click on the expensive pack, and go through to find hot wheels and install from there.

I love how they bury these updates

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/9/17 11:04 a.m.
RevRico wrote: Maybe it's the same "I downloaded but you manually need to install me" situation that came with blizzard mountain? I won't have a chance to download till later,but go through and check your ready to install games/files. Edit: 45 minutes later, not even a hint that it's available to download or anything. I can only find one listing in the play store and its $80. I already paid for the expansion pass though. Final edit: had to go to the store location of forza, click on the expensive pack, and go through to find hot wheels and install from there. I love how they bury these updates

Yeaj i found the dl, and got it. It doesn't go live til 10am pst which is 1pm my time. It's criminal!

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
5/9/17 11:05 a.m.

That's ridiculous, um downloading it now, didn't realize I still couldn't play.

Starting to have second thoughts about forza 7 now honestly.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/9/17 11:11 a.m.

Forza 5 and 6 were kinda letdown for me. I never considered 7 tbh.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/9/17 1:29 p.m.

And we are live. Won my first race. It's pretty intense...amd yes you can fall off the track.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
5/9/17 11:55 p.m.

When I started the game, it did the download. Then, I "bought" all the free cars. Then, I went to the Hot Wheels icon on the main map. It prompted me to install. Nowhere near all the drama everybody else seems to have had.

Oh, and, it's giving me free copies of the cars I already got for free as well. Bonus!

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GQc6nbmUur7YVDyKg8BNRdnlBSjjMca59w55WB64gpyND8prBnDVPgRrHRgGoC4d