NBraun
NBraun Reader
7/24/17 10:02 p.m.

It's a 1979 GS750. It was my first bike, I bought it when I was 16, fixed it up and rode it around stock when I decided I wanted a cafe bike. Put some clip-ons on it and made a seat and rode it around like that for a while. Eventually, my senior year of high school i was interning at a machine shop and the guy who works on the heads offered to go through the head with me. I tore the engine down, refreshed the head, and proceeded to not put it back together. After that I decided I wanted to build a chopper so I started cutting up the frame. well I finished the frame and then other stuff got in the way. That was two years. This spring I decided I was tired of not having a bike to ride, and having the disassembled bike in the way. So I got some motivation on got my bike back together.

It's not perfect, and I'm still not 100% done yet, but I'm pretty excited to finally have it back on the road and something to ride!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/25/17 6:54 a.m.

Congrats!

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
7/25/17 2:01 p.m.

Its nice to have a bike to tinker on thats not your Daily.

Looks good so far!

NBraun
NBraun Reader
7/25/17 2:34 p.m.

In reply to MulletTruck: I agree haha!

Thanks guys!

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
7/29/17 9:25 p.m.

Must be a great feeling! I like the look of that bike too! I was given an '80 GS850L and last winter and I just rode it across the yard yesterday (with no tank or seat and a fuel line topped off with gas. I was really nervous about my private area creating a circuit since I was sitting on the battery!).

Keep us updated!

Burrito
Burrito Dork
7/29/17 9:29 p.m.

Rode*

And congratulations!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OCeluIMk81eOFmlXKlnNjQVfdwVp8ihRzcFRvAw0rthGilA1Xhi8qxyq8XayMQ5S