Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
5/31/17 8:05 p.m.

And I am so excited!

Guy Martin is back!

Ian Hutchinson looked really good in the NW200 a couple weeks ago but Alastair Seeley was on fire.

Unfortunately, John Mcguinness had a bad off in the practice for the NW200 and will miss this years TT with a shattered leg.

Of course Michael Dunlop will be as determined as ever. If the weather is good last years amazing lap record could fall again this year.

The weather hasn't been cooperating with them so far with some cancelled and shortened practice sessions but I'm hoping the weather turns good.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
5/31/17 8:26 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock:

Thanks for the reminder! I may need to waste some time looking for and watching video from practice and the actual event...

minimac
minimac SuperDork
6/3/17 11:04 a.m.

Me too. Mrs. Mini said I should make plans to attend next years running, and cross it off my bucket list. I think I'll take her up on that.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/3/17 12:51 p.m.

Heard Lee Johnston had an off in qualifying today after setting the fastest time in super stocks. Airlifted to hospital but is awake if a bit sore.

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
6/3/17 4:27 p.m.

I never figure out how to follow it while it's happening, so end up just avoiding spoilers and getting one of the Duke reviews...

Jealous, minimac; It's definitely on my list. We've already got more time in England and a visit to Scotland on our list, so making sure visit the Isle of Man has got to happen. Not actually sure whether I'd rather go for the TT or the Manx GP. Not sure how many days of such moto-centric activity I can sell for the both of us, but perhaps if we travel with friends they can all go continue amusing themselves while I spend a couple of extra days on the island...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/3/17 4:46 p.m.

If I had a wish, it would be to import the Murdercycle and run her on Mad Sunday. To lap the same course on your own bike? That's the stuff of dreams.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/4/17 9:15 p.m.

Very closely contested superbike race today. I'll try not to give away any spoilers but it was a good one.

Guy Martin got away with another big off on the first lap. His exact words were "garble mumble box mumble curb garble stop"

I'll translate that for you "went to downshift into fourth and had a box full of neutrals, hit the curb, then the fence and slid down the road waiting to stop"

Bad showing by the Honda team. First a stuck throttle for Mcguinness and now Martin certainly seemed to be blaming the bike for his off.

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
6/4/17 10:01 p.m.

On Velocity right now!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
6/6/17 5:36 a.m.
minimac wrote: Me too. Mrs. Mini said I should make plans to attend next years running, and cross it off my bucket list. I think I'll take her up on that.

Take the scooter on a hotlap?

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
6/6/17 11:00 p.m.

Holy berkeley

those sidecars

Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/7/17 3:30 p.m.

Sadly, two riders lost their lives today. One was in hospital from a crash earlier in the week. The other died during the SuperSport race today.

R.I.P

Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/9/17 11:30 a.m.

Hutchinson has crashed out of the senior TT. He's had a brilliant week up until now. Word is he was conscious upon arrival and may have a broken femur.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
6/9/17 11:47 a.m.

Three deaths this year. https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/06/07/2017-isle-man-tt-three-riders-die-tt-crashes-lambert-hoek-bonner/

Tom1200
Tom1200 HalfDork
6/10/17 6:43 p.m.

I've been watching every night; I know a couple of guys who competed there. While they acknowledge that it's dangerous they think Mad Sunday is for crazy people who have a death wish.

30 years ago I would've gone on a moments notice to compete, the 125 would fit in a couple of suit cases, nowadays I have nothing but respect for those guys muscling superbikes.

Ay don na whay ya kenna unta stan Guy? Taint lach Es frum Ul-sta toes guyz, shay, ya can-a unta-stan a ting tar er sa-an at-al.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/11/17 12:45 p.m.

I have no idea how he saved this one. https://www.youtube.com/embed/46KuqaehOHc

Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/11/17 12:50 p.m.

I love these on board full laps with commentary from the riders.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aG79ZV9r8zA

Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/11/17 12:52 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/11/17 12:56 p.m.

An obviously shaken Guy martin after his crash.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sjZXaUwYoog

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 HalfDork
6/19/17 3:48 p.m.

Enjoyed following it this year! But I've been wondering why so many of the podium finishers wear double ball caps on the podium...anyone know? I've seen Auto racers swap 2-4 times on the podium or in an interview to satisfy multiple sponsors, but all the riders stacking one atop the other? Some wacky tradition?

Nick (Bo) Comstock
6/19/17 7:42 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61:

I noticed that too. I have no idea.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9unkpj4iLLkguLBVXHxUh2MTRaLmAdeX1q0W14W5EaxOBJ0wXBOn3poh9zTc0339