1/18/19 4:47 p.m.

In reply to RedGT :

Not for me. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/18/19 5:03 p.m.
Javelin said:
Floating Doc said:

I'm here to beg forgiveness. I've had my box for a week, photos taken, too. 

We're slammed at work, and short a doctor. Got home after 9 tonight. Next day off is Monday, I'll update then.

LOL, I think you have my box! 

My box came from there....so there is that. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
1/18/19 5:56 p.m.

In reply to RedGT :

Glad you enjoyed the plates! The valve is the oe bov off my 2006 Mazdaspeed 6. Swmbo was amazed I parted wih one of my r33 hot wheels lol. I don't remember what the green thing is and your pictures didn't show up so I'm as lost as you lol

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
1/18/19 9:47 p.m.
RedGT said:

Are my pictures visible?

All I see is a giant "-" where each picture should theoretically be.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
1/18/19 11:00 p.m.

Fwiw I sent a box to SC and lost the tracking number and haven't seen it posted yet.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
1/20/19 1:23 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I missed your post, probably when I was putting together my pictures- we're both on Page 6. Sorry about that!

The Frankenstein bolts are used to keep a hard top on an NA/NB Miata. 

I hope you enjoy the edibles- they're NC local, so I figured you'd never seen them.

Also, you may have noticed you got FLOUNDERED! I couldn't resist.

glueguy
glueguy Dork
1/20/19 3:02 p.m.

It's a box!  Truth be told, it was delivered from dculberson a while back.  My work plans changed last minute and I was away from home for two weeks, so it had to wait and I had to wonder.  No concerned notes from the neighbor that gathered the mail.

Without further delay

It was breakfast entertainment for the family so coffee instead of beer.  No fancy opening, but I did use the really cool Xacto knife sent by AClockwork Garage in last year's box.

Top level looks like a promising start of the hodge-podge.

Level 1 - some X10 boxes (could it be???  Yes!) X10 camera, recorder, tripod, and unrelated safety glasses.

Level 2, Lexus badge, rack electronics DC voltmeter, pretty indicator lights, MR2 horns from the famous part-out thread, a sink drain (SWMBO found great humor in karma, I sent a door knob), obligatory Rock Auto and a DIY magnet starter kit (hilarious), an awesome decal that is definitely going on the toolbox, and a super nice AutoMeter boost gauge that will get regifted next year.  No boost in the house and this is a seriously nice gauge someone will put to good use one of these exchanges.

Level 3/Basement - Some really nice shoe string :-) magnets, wire, monster-truck size keychains, a couple of HD handles probably from the electronics rack, a couple of momentary push buttons, a key switch (with keys!  How odd for this game) that is on-off, a battery cutoff switch, a couple of circuit boards, some scented wipes, a MB emblem straight off the horn pad (impressive hack job to remove that), and a couple of unidentified rounds parts - teeth with a keyway and a couple aluminum discs.

Thanks, dculberson, the box was awesome and brought back two fun memories from the past.  Back around 2002 I built a rearview camera for my motorhome from X10 parts when they were new and hot.  Seeing all of this again made me happy.  In grad school we had to build and maintain a lot of rack component electronics and circuit boards, so again I touched stuff I haven't seen in two decades.  It was a great morning and the whole family enjoyed the contents.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/20/19 3:44 p.m.

Come on Mr K from Columbus Ohio.  I forgot what was in the box already, I apologize if a prophylactic made it in there and you were offended.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
1/20/19 5:22 p.m.

Awaiting feedback from Waynesboro PA

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
1/20/19 5:30 p.m.

In reply to glueguy :

And there really is a Handcuff Warehouse.  That is an awesome sticker!

CSmith
CSmith New Reader
1/21/19 1:06 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

sorry for the delay in pictures, the box came a few days ago and I got the pictures just forgot to post them.

when the box arrived I found some strange looking runes on the side, unable to decifer what they meant I was as gentle as possible with it.

when I opened the box the first thing that I noticed was the air filter in the bottom left.

as I progressed digging deeper into the box I saw books! IU love books and these are great.

another book! YAY!

I really like the keychain, and the stickers.

I new from the moment that I saw the hanger wire I could do something with that.

I couldn't figure out what those metal pieces went to. 

This was the GREATEST (and only) box that I have gotten yet. I really enjoyed receiving all of your jun.. I mean great Items

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
1/21/19 9:02 p.m.

And at last, a day off! My box came from Kelso, Washington. I figured Mitt Romney would have a return address from Utah or Washington, DC.

Traditional opening device.

I love the art on the box.

Aannnd... we're in! Bubble pack, which my daughter pounced on like a vulture on a dead zebra. 

The contents... This is exciting!

All laid out. Look at all of the hot wheels! Just like that, I'm a collector!

A thermostat (who doesn't need one of those), duct tape bandages (didn't know that was a thing), some shiny tape, an assortment of bearings...

lots of hot wheels! Seriously!

And license plates! Lots of license plates! With frames, even! Edit: check out the "Big League Cards" with AMC drag cars. My dad's daily when I turned 16  was an Ambassador SST coupe with an AMX 390. I've still got a thing for Ramblers. 

These enormous band clamps! They're so cool, I should start a project just to use them. Under the clamps, a copy of Scale Auto Magazine. That's great; I was hugely into models as a kid. I don't doubt that helped develop the dexterity that I use doing surgery today.

Also, a Porsche 928 brochure from 1979! "Porsche is also respected in the sports car world because that's the only kind of car the company builds."

This was fun! Thanks, Mitt! And thanks to Hungary Bill for running the game for another year! I'm looking forward to next year!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/21/19 10:16 p.m.

I get the sense I started a thing with the box decorating. I'm glad. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/21/19 10:53 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

Woohoo! Glad you liked it! Mitt was a play on my forum name, his dad was George Romney, CEO of American Motors, so when Mitt ran for President his Secret Service code was "Javelin". The Timken bearings are real-deal made in the USA ones from the 1960's, check out the boxes. They are worth some coin or just make really cool garagemobilia. The plates and frames all came from various cars I have owned. The giant clamps have been hanging around forever, I can't even remember where I got them. Glad you liked the Hot Wheels and Scale Auto! It's pretty amazing that model building helped you become a surgeon. The AMC trading cards are both my Grandfather, the funny car was originally built in 1968 on a Loghhe chassis and the Turbo Pace Car is the 1-of-1 that paced the PPG Indy Car series in 1980. My kiddos decorated the box.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/22/19 4:27 a.m.

Notes for next year. Decorate box before sending, then use something cooler than a pocket knife to open the one I receive.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
1/22/19 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I apologize.  I have had pictures for a while but with the Government fun going on I have not been home much at all and did not want to post pics before I was able to get my box in the mail.

Pictures forthcoming, by the way the candy didn't make 20 min out of the box.

Edit for spelling

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
1/22/19 5:35 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

I was logging in to see who sent me my box based on location but your screenname made it easy.  I just have to find an interesting way to open it.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/22/19 5:45 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

In reply to Patrick :

I appologize.  I have had pictures for a while but with the Goverment fun going on I have not been home much at all and did not want to post pics before I was ablet o get my box in the mail.

pictures forthcoming, by the way the candy didn't make 20 min out of the box.

laugh i was more concerned that you were MIA, since I haven’t seen you around.  

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
1/23/19 8:44 p.m.

I plead family mayhem on top of getting ready to move... So I humbly apologize to my secret santa, who's done a bang-up job worthy of a proper unboxing, with the slow unfurling of the awesomeness... Instead you get a sampling of some of the awesomeness and a demonstration of just how discombobulated I am right now...

(I'm totally going to see if those super-official Hawk lanyards someday get me into some location I otherwise look like I have no business being...)

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
1/23/19 9:16 p.m.

I went with a simpler, more elegant option to open the box.  (The knife was in a box from 2 years ago, and the cloth was in last year's box)

Layer one is a old military vacuum tube and an awesome cnc cut sign

Next is a old spark coil for some application (maybe a hit and miss?) with some handwritten directions

tape for next year's box

first layer of stickers/monoprice earbuds/charger brick

That fan might make a good fume extractor for the work bench

sticker layer 2

Old cold war era or older military stuff

Hero cards from some sports car teams, military soviet aircraft id poster, and a poster from a lane motor museum rally circa 2017.  Not pictured is the continental lanyard and the bag of hard drive parts.  I'm guessing the lanyard hero cards and some of the stickers came from the mid-ohio imsa race.  Pretty awesome "junk" if I say so myself.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/24/19 1:44 p.m.

Postal Inspector has noted the arrival of a highly suspicious package...

Unboxification may have to wait wait until some time this weekend.  

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
1/24/19 4:53 p.m.

In reply to minivan_racer :

I recognize a few of those items :-D

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
1/25/19 1:32 a.m.

Ok... I've had the box for over a week, but I've been busy with school and other... excuses.

First we have an Amazon box from a Ryan Blackbar.

Sweet. now we need to get it open. last year I couldn't find a box cutter so I used a floor fan with the guard removed. That did the job so no sense reinventing the wheel...

I got ready to feed my box in and remembered that glueguy had given me three boxcutters last year.

I should probably just use those.

Without any further ado, click HERE to watch the unboxing.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
1/25/19 9:40 a.m.
AClockworkGarage said:

Ok... I've had the box for over a week, but I've been busy with school and other... excuses.

First we have an Amazon box from a Ryan Blackbar.

Without any further ado, click HERE to watch the unboxing.

You had my hopes up with the fan... nice video though. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/25/19 9:42 a.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

The fan should be titled, "The Whirling Blades of Death!"  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7zmKw45XjwopsTmTHl4ItnyrbZhN7rjUdlXMexlYUCuOQZsxoz6Bs8CpbA4UqWrS