volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse SuperDork
11/6/15 5:53 a.m.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5301704901.html

Seriously, make me an offer. This thing needs a good home. Possible LeMons or Chump greatness awaits...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/6/15 6:16 a.m.

You'd think the flat head alone would be worth that to someone!

markwemple
markwemple Dork
11/6/15 6:42 a.m.

Throw a cage in it and some numbers and have a vintage dirt tracker

volvoclearinghouse
11/6/15 8:09 a.m.

Unfortunately the flathead's locked up and the floors are more air than metal. Otherwise I'd probably do something with it. I've decided it's just too far gone for me to work with.

Motivated seller! Make me an offer- I probably can't refuse! Got something interesting to trade? Cash/W123s/Amazons/???

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
11/6/15 8:20 a.m.

That is half way to Mad Max Fury Road greatness. I wish I had the time. Make it derivable and relatively weather tight, slap four AT tires on it from the used tire store and leave it looking just like that, busted front end and all.

volvoclearinghouse
11/9/15 6:23 a.m.

I can't believe I have not gotten even spam replies to my email. I guess spammers don't do craigslist searches for "1948 Ford".

I really am flexible on the price, will accept trades (not just cars, either) and pretty much just want someone to make this car a new home.

Any takers?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
11/9/15 8:06 a.m.

$20 and a grilled cheese sandwich

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
11/9/15 10:13 a.m.

Your add is too well worded. Toss some slang in there and tell them your a nigerian prince! Neat car otherwise.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Reader
11/9/15 10:38 a.m.

I would love to put that in my yard, but it's so far away. And my wife would hate me. But I do love me some flattie goodness.

Robbie
Robbie Dork
11/9/15 10:42 a.m.

Wiki says wheelbase is 114 inches. The 750il sitting in my driveway is 116 inches. That ford body would look GREAT on my 7....

Now I only need: a barn to work in, a few months off of my day job, a way to get this beast to chicago, and something to trade you...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
11/9/15 10:48 a.m.

Yank that flathead and throw some wheezel piss down the bores and check for cracks and rust, throw a torch on it to burn out the rust and get it to spin.

You will get more money then you are asking for the car.

volvoclearinghouse
11/9/15 11:04 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: $20 and a grilled cheese sandwich

Going once...

volvoclearinghouse
11/9/15 11:05 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Yank that flathead and throw some wheezel piss down the bores and check for cracks and rust, throw a torch on it to burn out the rust and get it to spin. You will get more money then you are asking for the car.

I'm thinking about attempting my personal methods for un-stucking an engine...stay tuned.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
11/9/15 11:15 a.m.

I was under the impression you could fish a flathead Ford out of a lake and make it run with nothing more than WD-40, gasoline, and a hammer. Perhaps I have been misinformed.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
11/9/15 5:28 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: I can't believe I have not gotten even spam replies to my email. I guess spammers don't do craigslist searches for "1948 Ford". I really am flexible on the price, will accept trades (not just cars, either) and pretty much just want someone to make this car a new home. Any takers?

Text sent

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/9/15 5:32 p.m.

Wow. This gives me visions of a Challenge/RoG build. Wish I had room for it.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UberDork
11/9/15 8:35 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
volvoclearinghouse wrote: I can't believe I have not gotten even spam replies to my email. I guess spammers don't do craigslist searches for "1948 Ford". I really am flexible on the price, will accept trades (not just cars, either) and pretty much just want someone to make this car a new home. Any takers?
Text sent

...and the penny drops.

volvoclearinghouse
11/9/15 8:36 p.m.

In reply to wheels777:

My phone is dead right now. Accidentally got run over by a car, I should have a new one by Wednesday, but I probably missed your text. PM me.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/9/15 8:47 p.m.

That is seriously cool. If you were local to me, I'd have some explaining to do.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
11/10/15 12:29 p.m.

There was a really nice one of these on a Facebook site, but it was $15,000. And it has a damn SBC in it.

volvoclearinghouse
11/11/15 9:42 a.m.

There's one on CL near me, a 2 door fastback looking thing, with a flathead and 3 on the tree for $9k, which seems like reasonable money to me. At the risk of pillaging my own sale:

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5300509624.html

I would daily drive the heck out of this.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
11/11/15 10:51 a.m.

Why does part of me prefer yours?

volvoclearinghouse
11/15/15 8:32 p.m.

No takers yet.

You know you wanna...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
11/15/15 9:32 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: I was under the impression you could fish a flathead Ford out of a lake and make it run with nothing more than WD-40, gasoline, and a hammer. Perhaps I have been misinformed.

I've personally witnessed something very similar to this with a Farm All that was pulled out of a swamp. Spark plugs were pulled, Marvel's Mystery Oil poured down the holes, let sit for a few days, then attempt to turn crank with a huge breaker bar. It's OK if it only turns an 1/8th of a turn. Wiggle it back and forth a bit, put more oil in the holes, let it sit a few more days, repeat the process. Keep doing it until it turns freely, it may take a month, but if the crank makes it past a 1/2 rotation, you know that you will win the battle.

This was done by a neighbor of mine, he had this particular tractor running great without ever opening it up. This wasn't the only one that he'd saved this way.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9zrANBL9QonTBXZWXsAhHQ58yKOqt53x7BjeBlZ05fhADEExtwEkJvy7uHMFQ1Cg