1 2
Mental
Mental SuperDork
12/8/09 4:25 p.m.

OK, It's not mine, but it is a buddy's. He bought it a while back and then got accepted into a very competitive Master's program at Boston Conservatory, and then a Doctoral program in Arizona and has come to terms with the reality of him getting around to it.

These are his words.

Tim said: I planned on doing something with this, but since i'm a doctoral student, I don't have the time/money during the next 3 years to do anything with it. I purchased from a guy in San Francisco about 3 years ago. He said he purchased it from a gentleman who bought it to make an electric car out of. Never sold in the US, this is a very rare vehicle. That said, it is not exceptionally hard to get parts, but some are more difficult than others. The pics are from the gentleman I purchased it from. The car is in the same condition as seen in the photos, but has been stored inside. No engine (it was toast anyways) Transmission is there, but won't go into gear. May or may not be rebuildable. Many body parts not on the car are there. The headlights are there as well as the grill, both slightly bent, but reparable. I can't remember if I have both bumpers or not (I believe they are both there). The convertible mechanism is there, as well as the seats and a good portion of the interior (though it is very old and neglected). The car rolls just fine. There is some rust, but from what I remember, nothing major (as in large holes). Some areas have a little bit of surface rust, but it is a sturdy car. There are a few places with some light body damage; One door skin and one rear corner, but again, nothing major at all. Someone recently was working on putting an s2k engine in one, and it was something i was considering as well. It would make it extremely fun and fast since it is a light vehicle. Price $2,000.00 Also open to trades or cash + trade. I'm not sure trade for what, but I'd entertain interesting offers. Motorcycles, flatscreens, an antique record player... whatever I suppose. BUT I don't need another project car i'm not going to be able to work on. These cars have gone up in value since Jay Leno recently acquired one.

Us deadicated GRM folks already knew that

Said pics;

The car is indoors at a shop I share with some buddies, and he needs to get out from underneath it. I can deliever within a days drive of OKC for gas money, but it has to be on a weekend. I can help you get the car no problem. The car is very tiny and can be towed by anything.

Ask me any questions, but additional pictures will be challenging, as it is pretty tucked away in our shop. I assure you it is protected under a mini loft and has sat unmolested since its arrival in OK. If you are interested, make an offer, I'll forward it and your address to him. You can post here or use the contact form.

Tim is a good dude, I have known him for a while. He is taking a big hit on the whole deal considering what he spent to go and get it, but just needs out from it to focus on his career. You guys are the type that could make something cool out of the car.

$2,000 OBO or a trade. I know he might like a running V8 Fox body Mustang or a decent, autocross capable car that runs.

CLynn85
CLynn85 New Reader
12/8/09 8:59 p.m.

Oh my...

Don49
Don49 New Reader
12/9/09 8:32 a.m.

What year is the car? Is the original motor still available? Is there a title for the car?

Rza
Rza HalfDork
12/9/09 8:53 a.m.

I believe these car will some day be worth significantly more, and I'm not a honduh guy in the least.

carzan
carzan Reader
12/9/09 1:17 p.m.
Wikipedia: Powered by a DOHC, water-cooled, in-line 4 cylinder engine with four carburetors, the engine capacity was increased to 606 cc from the S500's 492 cc. The engine produced 57 hp (43 kW) at 8500 rpm and had a top speed of 90 mph (145 km/h). With the convertible weighing in at mere 1576 pounds, the extra sheet metal of the coupe only added 33 pounds to the overall weight. Suspension was independent with sealed roller chain drive to each rear wheel.

8500RPM Gotta love it!

beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
12/9/09 1:19 p.m.

Can you import that thing into canada for me? please?

Don49
Don49 New Reader
12/9/09 3:11 p.m.

I had one of the last S600's built and raced it for a # of years. With a little massaging and some Yoshimura cams it was putting over 60HP on the ground and would rev to 11,000 rpms quite readily. BTW the stock redline was 9,500. The engine was very similar to the F3 motor that Honda made in the mid 60's. It was also one of the loudest cars I've ever owned, but sounded so sweet!

tjthom
tjthom New Reader
12/9/09 9:20 p.m.

Wonder if you could shoehorn that new Formula F Fit engine into that....

Mental
Mental SuperDork
12/10/09 12:05 a.m.
beaterworld wrote: Can you import that thing into canada for me? please?

I can meet ya 1/2 way in Iowa.

Don49
Don49 New Reader
12/14/09 8:55 a.m.

Mental, You never answered my ?'s. Year of car, title, original engine still available?

Mental
Mental SuperDork
12/14/09 4:09 p.m.
Don49 wrote: Mental, You never answered my ?'s. Year of car, title, original engine still available?

Seriously? I thought that was a joke.

Lemme see, year...How about 1964.

From the title of the thread.

Mental wrote: 1964 Honda S600 RHD roadster - Oklahoma City.
Don49 wrote: title, original engine still available?

From the text in the first post...

Mental wrote: No engine (it was toast anyways) Transmission is there, but won't go into gear. May or may not be rebuildable

Now, I did type up this snarky reply and realized I did leave out the part about no title in the original ad, so you get me there. There is no title, Bill of Sale.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
12/14/09 4:14 p.m.

Does it run good? What kind of mileage does it get?

Don49
Don49 New Reader
12/14/09 4:37 p.m.

Mental, If you read my previous posts you might realize I know something about these cars and even have connection for parts. If the "toasted" motor is available it might be able to be rebuilt, which would greatly increase the value. As it stands now you have a hulk with no title. If you are interested in info on an ownwers group for these cars, let me know and I'll give you the info. What you really have there is a parts car unless someone wanted to build a "frankenstein".

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
12/14/09 4:44 p.m.

Needs a CBR600 motor.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
12/14/09 4:47 p.m.
Don49 wrote: What you really have there is a parts car unless someone wanted to build a "frankenstein".

That's what we forum-frequenters do best!

Mental
Mental SuperDork
12/14/09 10:48 p.m.
Don49 wrote: Mental, If you read my previous posts you might realize I know something about these cars and even have connection for parts. If the "toasted" motor is available it might be able to be rebuilt, which would greatly increase the value. As it stands now you have a hulk with no title. If you are interested in info on an ownwers group for these cars, let me know and I'll give you the info. What you really have there is a parts car unless someone wanted to build a "frankenstein".

You can get upset with me if you would like, but the year was clearly listed on the title of the thread. The engine is gone and that was also clearly stated in the text of the ad. Tim the owner, and I are quite aware that it is a hulk with no title. Thanks for pointing out that a title and an engine would increase its value. My Georgia public education does not allow me to luxury of such conclusions, I would have never figured that out on my own.

I am also quite aware that would probably only appeal to someone who wanted to build a frankenstien, thats why I cross listed it here. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the origin of this particular section of the board. It was created originally to list parts and potential cars for folks who build just these kinds of franken-creations for various events, the primary being the $20XX Challenge(s)

As for the title, in many states, including the one the car currently resides in, titles are easy to get and simply require some paperwork and pateince.

So sincerely, thanks for your input, but do not get short with me for not reading your other posts when you can't be bothered to read the ad

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
12/15/09 7:39 a.m.

Yess, yes, I being interesteded in you "car" for sail. Please send me complete discreptions of paint conditions, etc,etc, The prices is acceptibles to me. I wills be paying by certified bank cashiers cheques and car iss it to be shipps to me here in London UK. Please send me you name, phone, address, social securities numbers, bank accounts and motherrs name so I cans sends you my cheques. Amount will include extras to give to shippings company.

Don49
Don49 New Reader
12/15/09 12:20 p.m.

Mental, You are obviously more interested in being a shiny happy person and posting smart ass replies. Since you seem to be so informed and intelligent I won't waste any more time offering the info and resources that I may have since I have owned 3 S600's and 1 S800, including racing a S600 for 9 years. Have a nice life!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/17/09 12:11 p.m.

Sorry, Don49. I'm gonna side with Mental on this one.

I appreciate your knowledge on these cars, but Mental was pretty clear, and the rest of us understand the purpose of this forum.

Yes, it IS a place where people build freankensteins. Usually. It's probably going to take you more than 49 posts to figure that out about us.

So, thanks, Mental for posting this.

And Don, I hope you feel welcome to share the knowledge you've got with the rest of us in encouraging ways. It's always good to have new folks with good input- welcome aboard.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/17/09 12:52 p.m.

Don, take a breath. Everyone's talent and experiences are different, that's why we're here; birds of a feather and all that. You have experiences and may have been watching the Board for along time, you have 16 posts. I'm not going to go look at them.

Mental: 4376 posts

Dr. Hess: 6397

Slick dizzy: 2981.

You will find that we are less arrogant, lee flaming and more open than most other Boards; no I'm not a moderator only a consumer. Mental gives his time and experience helping follow car guys and flies AWACS. But hey, that's why we're here, we want to be like all the different people, and believe me we are. "Have a nice life" was a little terse considering what Mental's done with his and it ain't 1/3 over.

Welcome to the board. I appreciate your experiences and opinion, not so much the lack of patience, but you're coming along.

Dan

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/17/09 1:00 p.m.

Hrm.... busa motor+ that thing=?

And OKC is "technically" only a day away from MN.... my god would the wife be pissed. Almost worth it though.

Don49
Don49 New Reader
12/17/09 2:59 p.m.

Please note that I never posted a smart reply and I believe I was polite in all my postings. Just because I have relatively few postings here you shouldn't assume I haven't been around for a while. I have been a subscriber to GRM from the beginning and involved full time with cars and sports car racing since 1970. You may think I was being impatient, but my "Have a nice life" reply was indicating that I had no interest in further communication with someone who had what appeared to me to be an arrogant and condescending attitude.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
12/17/09 3:35 p.m.

[Tom Cruise from "Days of Thunder"] Oh boy...this is gonna hurt. [/Tom Cruise]

Threadcrash.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
12/17/09 3:59 p.m.
914Driver wrote: flies AWACS.

Not that we hold that against him!

Mental
Mental SuperDork