volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse SuperDork
10/29/15 6:29 a.m.

In an attempt to thin the herd and gain some control over my AAD (Automotive Attention Distraction), I offer this:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5290550492.html

EDIT: Sorry about the heading, I forgot to mention the price ($1500) and location (Westminster, MD)

logdog
logdog SuperDork
10/29/15 7:03 a.m.

That is awesome!

psteav
psteav Dork
10/29/15 7:25 a.m.

So very, very glad you're so far away. I have a thing for biiiiig 2-door big-block Mopars....stems from the '65 300 that was supposed to be my first car.

volvoclearinghouse
10/29/15 7:49 a.m.

Well, already had one scammer text me.

I really loved this car, but it deserves better than I can give it right now. What a highway cruiser it was.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
10/29/15 8:20 a.m.

You should sell it as a package deal with the trailer as most trailers can't handle that beast

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/29/15 8:29 a.m.

I am glad I don't have a trailer.

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
10/29/15 9:50 a.m.
Esoteric Nixon wrote: I am glad I don't have a trailer.

i do, and you can borrow it. no more excuses.

volvoclearinghouse
10/29/15 12:31 p.m.

All four tires hold air, and it has a dual exhaust. How can you refuse?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/29/15 1:14 p.m.

Anyone else see a bigass cop car here?

volvoclearinghouse
10/29/15 1:33 p.m.

A friend of mine in Texas (who found this one for me about 10 years ago, when I flew out to Austin and drove it home) has two 1968 Imperials. Both have the same engine as this- the high compression 440. He regularly runs them on the highways out there in early weekend mornings at triple digit speeds. With the A/C blowing.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/29/15 3:06 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Esoteric Nixon wrote: I am glad I don't have a trailer.
i do, and you can borrow it. no more excuses.

Oh! I know, I can use the "I just bought a Mercedes!" excuse.

And besides, I've never towed before! I hardly think a behemoth is the best thing to tow my first time out.

(Those are all of my excuses)

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
10/29/15 3:32 p.m.

My Father-in-law has a '67 convertible. It is a really impressive car. You'd think it'd be a floaty mess, but it's not.

crxmike
crxmike Reader
10/29/15 9:15 p.m.

I am really struggling to find reasons not to come down to MD with a trailer. Big block Mopar coupe... What's not to love. Do you have all the pieces to fix front corner or would buyer have to locate that corner piece? Seriously, no rust?

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
10/30/15 3:37 a.m.

Buy this, paint it black, become Don Draper.

volvoclearinghouse
10/30/15 6:13 a.m.

In reply to crxmike:

The fender is actually not damaged. I have a spare because it came with the car when I bought it, for some reason. I have spare cornering lenses, and I believe the metal piece that goes around it. I think I even have a spare set of fender turn signals. Any minor stuff I'm missing can be easily sourced. The cornering lenses are the expensive part, and I have those.

I also have a whole spare grille, and a bunch of other stuff.

No real rust- Texas car, so the usual little spots of "desert patina". But it's "rust free" certainly by east coast standards.

volvoclearinghouse
10/30/15 6:18 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: My Father-in-law has a '67 convertible. It is a really impressive car. You'd think it'd be a floaty mess, but it's not.

They are surprisingly good road cars, especially on the highway. Imperials consistently tested higher than Caddies or Lincs back in road tests of the day. The 440 was a little coarser than the ultra-smooth 460s or 472s, though, which (coupled with Chrysler's sometimes schizophrenic marketing - is it a Chrysler? Is it an Imperial?) kept sales numbers somewhat low.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
10/30/15 7:13 a.m.

Sell it to Gas Monkey Garage, just make sure to ask for $3k first.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
10/30/15 8:42 a.m.

I may have a lead on parts, too. Not sure. At one point the FIL had 3 or 4 parts cars, but I haven't seen them lately.

volvoclearinghouse
10/30/15 5:39 p.m.

Sold! To a fellow in PA who already owns a '68. Good home, I think.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
10/30/15 10:20 p.m.

If the seller backs out let me know, you should still have my number.

Paul B

metalman
metalman Reader
11/1/15 8:14 a.m.

The 67 440 with closed chamber 915 casting heads was worth the price of admission alone.

volvoclearinghouse
11/1/15 9:09 a.m.

He called me Friday noon, and was at my house Friday at 5PM. Cash in hand, trailer behind truck. He already has a 68 4 door, and wanted a coupe.

Seemed like a good guy, hopefully it'll get back on the road.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QB0xZGIXm6xvLr2gJZx0WT9ChDO8tVhuKpDcbOiqISzHkIDhcA0b7QjlNm9hXFzi