crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
5/30/14 11:01 a.m.

Lately I have had a hankering for a vintage motorcycle, Early 70's or old so I'll put this out there. This thing is a riot to drive and I'm in no rush to get rid of it but it would be nice to free up a little funds for another toy.

The specs are a rebuilt L20B with high compression flat top pistons. Racer Brown cam,A87 cylinder head, Twin SUs, MSD backed by a 280zx 5 speed. Full coilovers and swaybars. Polished swastikas and new Falken rubber.

Its a pretty solid car, a few little rust areas but nothing terminal at all. The passenger side front fender doesn't bolt up at the bottom but could be fixed pretty easily. It has an electric fan that is kind of weak so the temp creeps up if you are sitting in traffic. Once you get moving again it cools down fast. I drove it 180 miles round triup a few weeks ago to the Mitty where it one the soul sucking japanese appliance award.

Some tire shine that got slung on the rear quarter.

First mod was the GRM sticker:

Ugly steering wheel and big nasty tach.

Comes with new door seals in a bag and new bumper brackets.

Email on here or gillingoutside (at) gmail dot com

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
5/30/14 11:31 a.m.

One of these days I'll move cross-country just to be able to jump on opportunities like this.
GLWS

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
5/30/14 12:20 p.m.

That is an awesome car.

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
5/30/14 12:51 p.m.

Price is 2014 or a vintage cycle or some combination there abouts?

crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
5/30/14 12:53 p.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Price is 2014 or a vintage cycle or some combination there abouts?

Right. $2014 obo OR a vintage bike. I like goofy. So a clean Royal enfield, Honda CD175, Yamaha r5, or turbo 80s bikes.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/30/14 1:09 p.m.

Someone please buy this this weekend while I am out of state, or else I may have to.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
5/30/14 1:56 p.m.

I have always wanted a goon...sweet car.

secretariata
secretariata HalfDork
5/30/14 11:02 p.m.

I think I'll wind up in a shallow grave if I pursue this...but are the GA tags an accurate indication of location? If so will it survive a trip to Columbia, SC on the interstate without devastation?

crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
5/31/14 8:04 a.m.

It rides like a buckboard wagon but yeah it should make it. 3 people coming out this weekend so far.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth New Reader
6/1/14 11:34 a.m.

Who's da fool that would turn down this deal ?

tdrrally
tdrrally New Reader
6/1/14 12:20 p.m.

words can describe how much i want that car!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
6/1/14 4:24 p.m.

In reply to secretariata:

Do it do it do it!!

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
6/2/14 12:30 a.m.

It's a good thing I'm not on that coast anymore. Another "Look what I bought" and I won't even get to sleep as comfortably as the dog.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
6/2/14 8:26 a.m.

You running a Subaru diff?

crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
6/2/14 1:03 p.m.

Sold!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
soLeBxLYPbebqWmfayBvC6kyo7Oc1ovKuBeri1gFsVMsGd1XxWBDwjP1Ob2gMVcD