ReDeath0001
ReDeath0001 New Reader
10/23/13 10:17 a.m.

This could be something interesting for 2014...

NMNA, but I'd snag it if I had the stuff for it.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
10/23/13 5:18 p.m.

I like the look of those dusters, but I think $1800 is crack pipe priced for a rusty 6 cyl auto car .

slefain
slefain UltraDork
10/24/13 11:01 a.m.

He's quite optimistic on that price.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
10/24/13 11:57 a.m.

I almost posted that last night along side the '53 dodge flatbed.....CL has gone nuts with old things in my area.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UberDork
10/25/13 7:46 a.m.

It's not that rusty by northern standards, but yes, a bit high on price for what it is.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/25/13 8:10 a.m.

I paid $35 for a '71 Duster that was in about that shape...In 1981...

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
10/25/13 9:46 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: It's not that rusty by northern standards, but yes, a bit high on price for what it is.

I bet it has no floors. If my 1987 Dodge lost it's floors, there's no way that 1974 Duster has them. I didn't see any clear shots of the floor pan.

And that price is crack pipe high. That's your regular ol' Al Bundy-esque Mopar A-Body there, and about $1k too high on the price.

drainoil
drainoil Reader
10/26/13 7:51 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote: It's not that rusty by northern standards, but yes, a bit high on price for what it is.
I bet it has no floors. .

x2

Get that car up on a lift I dont think it would be pretty

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
10/26/13 6:15 p.m.

Looking at the way it sits up front, I'd be taking a very hard look at the upper control arm mounts. A-bodies can rust out in that area, and the car will gain an aggressive lowered stance when there isn't anything anchoring the upper control arm, and the lower is resting on the bump stop.

mtownneon
mtownneon New Reader
10/26/13 8:23 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: I like the look of those dusters, but I think $1800 is crack pipe priced for a rusty 6 cyl auto car .

Not anymore, that's a deal even if it is a rusty POS with a /6.....

Cooter
Cooter New Reader
10/27/13 2:38 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: Looking at the way it sits up front, I'd be taking a very hard look at the upper control arm mounts. A-bodies can rust out in that area, and the car will gain an aggressive lowered stance when there isn't anything anchoring the upper control arm, and the lower is resting on the bump stop.

I've never seen the UCA mounts go bad, but the torsion bar mounts will go in a heartbeat on an A-body.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
10/27/13 7:34 p.m.

Here is one for less $$, and might be in better shape

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
10/27/13 9:43 p.m.
Cooter wrote:
Rob_Mopar wrote: Looking at the way it sits up front, I'd be taking a very hard look at the upper control arm mounts. A-bodies can rust out in that area, and the car will gain an aggressive lowered stance when there isn't anything anchoring the upper control arm, and the lower is resting on the bump stop.
I've never seen the UCA mounts go bad, but the torsion bar mounts will go in a heartbeat on an A-body.

Our '67 Barracuda convertible had the upper mounts on the driver's side rot off. Along with the upper part of the frame rail.

I've been the torsion bar anchors rot out too. The convertible's were surprisingly good.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
10/27/13 9:46 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: Here is one for less $$, and might be in better shape

Saw that the other night on the Craig's. Did you buy it yet? Might make you feel better about the SAAB.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a8BGyz39l3WNQuDDrTgYV9bl4snVErMJMAg5qME3CTRgeUH2Ou7ZvUoxisvPhueb