Lugnut
Lugnut Reader
12/14/09 9:44 p.m.

I decided to sell the Newport.

Green metallic on green cloth and vinyl with that wicked Chrysler paisley stitching on the seats.

Four-door sedan (not a hard top, so it has posts), 400 inch V8 with a 4-barrel carb and Lean Burn.

This is a very original, low mileage, local car, originally from Balzekas on the south side. Very solid, great shape. It has some rust in the trunk floor behind each rear wheel arch. Nothing structural. It is a very solid and original Chicago car. Some rust on the trunk floor right behind the wheel wells. I am the 3rd owner and I was told that the 52k miles shown are original and haven't rolled over. From the condition of the car, I'd totally believe it.

Rusty rear bumper (with some bumper stickers!) was replaced with an older rechromed piece and looks fantastic.

Early 80s Realistic AM/FM cassette with matching faux wood.

Great air conditioning. Remember how fast a good Freon R12 system would cool down a huge interior? And the heat is roasty toasty warm.

It's a pretty cool piece of big old big 70s big Americana. Did I mention that it's rather large? HUGE trunk and very spacious cabin.

I picked this car up on a trade deal. I've never had an older Mopar American muscley big car before so I figured I'd give it a try. It's just not my cup of tea.

$2000 cash for a GRMer or trade for Volvo, Saab, Jaguar, VW, Triumph.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
12/15/09 10:39 a.m.

I checked. The wife says no...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
12/15/09 4:25 p.m.

I don't recall what the newport looks like. Can't see the pics at work. But when I was in grad school in the mid 70s, the motor pool had Plymouth Furies and Ford LTDs. The Furies would fly and hold the road really really well. The LTDs would wallow all over the road, but had the absolute best AC ever. It was the middle of the summer in lower SC. Heat, humidity, gnats, deer flies, etc. We would often take breaks in the LTD to cool off.

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
12/23/09 10:06 p.m.

cool. My dad bought a new 76 newport back when I was a kid, black with red interior with a 440 4 barrel. It overheated alot if I recall, still a cool car.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
3/2/10 10:54 a.m.

I would still like to sell this car. Price reduced to $1,600. I'll also entertain partial trades for Volvo or Miata parts, or other car trades.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS New Reader
3/2/10 9:12 p.m.

That thing would really K A with a Cummins Diesel swap

wcelliot
wcelliot Reader
3/2/10 9:28 p.m.

Sweet!!!!

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/2/10 10:25 p.m.

Too... Close... Must... Resist...... NOOOOOOOOO

Sorry dood, all my free spending money is going towards autocross for the summer, and hopefully (if I'm really lucky) towards a miata in the fall.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
3/25/10 11:17 p.m.

Ok, last price drop. $1,000. After this, it's Carmax.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/26/10 9:55 a.m.

Ah the memories. When I was 17, my g/f Dad had a bigass Imperial. I was used to driving a '59 Anglia Prefect and was flattered that he offered up his boat for a date with his daughter. [probably didn't want any breaking down stories].

First time I touched the brakes I thought I was going to stand it up on the headlights! Yowzah was that lot of mass!

I wish I had more garage space.

Dan

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
3/26/10 10:25 a.m.

Eh, see, I'm all conflicted. I drove it in to work today and I enjoyed the drive. Now I am in "Keep It" mode.

RossD
RossD Dork
3/26/10 10:28 a.m.

Buy it from yourself for more than what your asking, that way you at least make a profit.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/26/10 10:32 a.m.

Let us know what the Carmax offer is.

I would love to have this in the driveway just to piss off the neighbors (in hoighty-toighty Libertyville)

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
3/26/10 10:44 a.m.

looks like something Kramer would drive... "Hey Assman!"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pYRbJgf1b9lGIYZDeFW98x5OfmQn97qV98VOz9mDNEfJgIWRT9vSqTKDfIFaHqre