sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/22/11 9:35 a.m.

I need to sell my 77 280Z, and I would love to see somebody use it for the Challenge. I have more money in it than is possible to use for the Challenge (yes, I overpaid for it), and now I have another vehicle and just need to sell this. I have lots of new parts (OE clutch, Motorsport Auto downpipe, gaskets, studs, etc) and everything needed to get the L28ET running in the car. This would be a great Challenge car, especially since I don't have a title, and I know I am going to lose some money on it. I would love to get $1500 for it, but I'm willing to negotiate. I have a couple bins of random parts, and there's definitely some stuff you could sell off of it. There is typical rust (under battery tray, floors, a little on hatch lip), but nothing that a GRMer can't fix. Let me know if you're interested! I'm in Virginia Beach, VA, and need the car gone ASAP! Thanks! Oh, and you can see pics of the car if you go to My Garage...more can be e-mailed if you desire.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
9/22/11 9:40 a.m.

so it doesnt run? Or it does? Semi-interested

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/22/11 11:39 a.m.

Doesn't run at the moment. I started doing the turbo motor swap, but didn't finish. The motor is in the bay and bolted in with a new clutch and a 5 spd zx trans, but the manifolds aren't on and the wiring isn't done. I have the zx harness, the ecu, turbo fuel pump, etc., it just needs someone to button it all up. It's a Challenge car waiting to happen.

corytate
corytate Reader
9/22/11 1:11 p.m.

aww mannnnn

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
9/22/11 1:27 p.m.

Are you willing to finish the swap for some extra cash? I'd be interesting in a running turbo car.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/22/11 2:58 p.m.

Not sure I will be able to finish it, as my buddy is getting rid of his storage unit and I won't have a place to put it. The perk to potential buyers is that the price will be lower and everything is there to get it going. I was simply following someone else's write-up from HybridZ. I have the main engine harness and the other harness splices (seen in post #35 of the link) so it just needs someone to put in the time and elbow grease to get it going. It is an '83 L28ET, so it has the hydraulic lifters, and it ran great (even on really crappy gas) before I pulled it out of the donor car. 150 psi across the board, which is right where it should be for a low compression turbo motor. I have everything ready to bolt on, so it's a perfect Challenge car for one of you GRMers!

Link to swap write-up is here.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/22/11 3:04 p.m.

Here's a pic of the car from a few years ago. The louvers aren't on it, and the wheels are now on my 240 (they won't be sold with the car).

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/22/11 3:08 p.m.

It should also be mentioned that I would be willing to lower the price accordingly if I were to get 240sx parts. Dual cam KA headers, exhaust, s13 suspension, short shifter, etc. would all be considered.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
9/22/11 8:42 p.m.

I already have a project Z but would come down and grab yours if it were running.

corytate
corytate HalfDork
9/22/11 9:15 p.m.

damnit I want a project z!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/23/11 7:02 a.m.

Hmmm....I am between jobs, unless I get one today after my interview, so maybe I could get it running. We shall see...

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/23/11 3:11 p.m.

I am also MORE THAN WILLING to part this car out. If you want the engine, make me an offer. If you want the body, make me an offer. If you want the Momo steering wheel, make me an offer. If you want...well, you get the drift. I NEED THIS CAR GONE ASAP!! ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED! I don't want to have to scrap the body, but I will if I have to.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/25/11 9:19 p.m.

I can't believe I haven't gotten any takers on this thing! I thought all you GRMers loved a good project car! MAKE ME AN OFFER, ANY OFFER, I JUST MIGHT TAKE IT!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/25/11 9:23 p.m.

Some of us GRMers would love to have it, but cash is in short supply now and I don't want to think about pulling the RB20 out of the s-chassis and rewiring for the z before it has even been fired up. I'm still contemplating sticking with the S vs going to the Z.

corytate
corytate HalfDork
9/26/11 10:03 a.m.

hmm so it is a roller as it sits? with the necessary bits for a turbo engine install?
I really want it but we will have to see how this new job hunt thing goes. and also maybe I will get a ton of graduation money! lol. (not high school graduation)
I will keep in touch

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/26/11 2:41 p.m.

Yes, it's a roller. And it has all the necessary bits for a stock zx turbo install. Or you could go ahead and do Mega Squirt!

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
9/27/11 8:25 p.m.

I have cash to buy but only want a running car. Sorry.

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
9/28/11 3:00 p.m.

Hmmmmm tempting. I have a friend in Manassas, how far is that from you?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/28/11 9:24 p.m.

Manassas is near DC, I'm in VA Beach, so probably 3.5 hours or so. Tell him to come get it!

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
9/29/11 4:29 p.m.

Would you part it out? I'd like the motor and wheels

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/29/11 9:08 p.m.

I'm definitely open to parting it out...it just means more work for me. I'd love someone to give me $1500 or so for it and just give him everything, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I will gladly sell you the motor, and the wheels too if my buddy doesn't snatch them up first. Just tell me when you want to come get it!

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
9/30/11 5:15 p.m.

How much for the wheels I might be able to have a friend get them and hold them for me.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
9/30/11 8:21 p.m.

Not sure if I'm selling them yet. They aren't on the car anymore, they are on my 240sx, and unless I decide to sell that car I will be keeping the wheels.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 New Reader
10/5/11 4:24 p.m.

Looks like the body might be sold. Anyone interested in an '83 turbo motor w/ manifolds & turbo, ECU, harnesses, 5 speed non-turbo trans, and some other random parts for an L28ET? I have some new gaskets, NGK plugs, etc. Also some eBay fender mirrors. Let me know!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Koq1w5oBchNQGtQRpwUc7Z7N5HEFNm76DSWr1apyhRd8z24rhMti1sISltAznCJQ