Not mine, blah, blah, blah. It has a "4 Hole Colborator!"

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/24/09 6:57 p.m.

If it is a GSL-SE it should be EFI, probably a 12a with a GSL-SE badge

mw
mw Reader
9/24/09 7:42 p.m.

It has GSL-SE rims so it at least has GSL-SE brakes and axels. Maybe it's converted to carbs?

Carson
Carson Dork
9/24/09 8:52 p.m.

Maybe he's a m4d tYt3 drifta y0! and used numbers for letters and meant to say he's an "A hole collaborator."

Whatever that is.

JohnW
JohnW New Reader
9/24/09 10:17 p.m.
mw wrote: It has GSL-SE rims so it at least has GSL-SE brakes and axels. Maybe it's converted to carbs?

That would be my guess. GSL-SE rims don't just "bolt right up" to other first gen RX-7s. I would rather have it with the FI though.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
9/24/09 11:47 p.m.

I emailed the seller,and asked about the carb. The replied saying this car is a special edition 5-letter car. I will try to see it tomorrow. It is most certainly a GSL-SE,but I am not sure what type of induction it has yet.

Chris

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
9/25/09 5:05 p.m.

Just got back from looking at the car. It is a strange mix of parts. The overall car is fairly clean with some rott in the rear drivers side wheel arch area,and some cracking paint near the rear hatch that looks like maybe it was some bondo that has shrunk some,but looking on the inside didn't show any tell tale holes like someone pulled out a dent. It appears to be running a 4-port 13B,but I really couldn't tell easily. It has a 4 barrel Holley carb on it,but the fuel injection wiring harness is still intact. The engine has a 12A beehive oil cooler,and a 12A tall radiator. None of the gauges on the cluster worked at all,the power mirrors didn't work,and I think it had manual windows. It didn't have cruise control like every -SE should. The hood was obviously changed because it had the 12A vacuum diagram,and engine spec stickers on the under side. The interior was fairly clean considering the age,and lack of quality up keep on the rest of the car. It has a glass mooroof It needs a battery as the one in it was very weak,and the car needed to be jumped. Also the battery looked like it was out of a lawn tractor compared to the size battery it should have in it.The engine didn't smoke when firing up,but did have a slight haze when running,and the idle sounded very high,but without a tach it was impossible to tell exactly what the RPM's were. Over all it seemed like a fairly solid car,but it needs some TLC,and it isn't really a -SE anymore but could be made back to one I suppose. The chassis didn't have the rot in the typical places like the rear suspension mounts,idler arm mount,and steering box mount,so that is good. If you have particular questions let me know.

Chris

TAftonomos
TAftonomos New Reader
9/26/09 8:31 a.m.

Thanks for looking at it Chris!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U9jzNvuIRFmEXvQzlg8dlhY6F31z4LrVNVt2mwe89cXX0OlkE5A9d2tdBReYVASK