Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
5/31/11 9:01 p.m.

OK. It's really a Suzuki. A three cylinder Suzuki with a Turbo. It needs a lot of work. It runs if you push start it. Needs a starter. Has a salvage title, the paint is dull, it has dents and dings all over it and ghetto styled hood pins. I am letting her go because my new job involves lots of billable hours and I just don't have time for projects anymore.

I will let it go for $400 cash which is what I paid for it last year when I have more time than money. I will try to get a few more pictures of the car up. Somebody needs to bring this to the Challenge

Graefin10
Graefin10 Reader
5/31/11 9:24 p.m.

I don't see anything on your profile to tell me what part of the country you're in.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
5/31/11 10:05 p.m.

Plate says Texas

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
6/1/11 7:17 a.m.

Whats the HP rating on these engines and has anyone set one up for RWD?

Graefin10
Graefin10 Reader
6/1/11 7:45 a.m.

In reply to Grtechguy:

I need new glasses.

integraguy
integraguy Dork
6/1/11 8:20 a.m.

In stock form the turbo Sprint was rated at 70 horsepower in a car that was rated at 1535 lbs. EPA rated at 35 city 40 highway.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
6/1/11 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Graefin10:

Dallas

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
6/1/11 1:02 p.m.

Forget the starter. At that weight, just push start it all the time. Heck, you could likely manage to do so up a light grade.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
6/1/11 1:11 p.m.

One of the many cars on my "I always wanted one of those" list. Man, have to see what Street Prepared class that's in. That's a light car. Shoot, in SP trim maybe under 1,400. That's crazy light! Get it up to 90 HP ish and you'd be flying!

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
6/1/11 1:14 p.m.

Dang, I just looked - that's an FSP car. Oooohhhh. Would be fun. Kinda the opposite of my heavy RWD FSP project.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
6/1/11 1:42 p.m.

1500 lbs is not hard, but under that gets harder. The motors are more stout than most, and are 20-25 psi capable all day long. Mine is fairly stock, as projects go, and will run a high 14 at 15 psi on the stock turbo. 70 hp, and 108 lb/ft of torque at 7.5 psi stock, and adding boost is as easy as taking weight out. Not a lot of parts support, but enough, and tons of tech support available. A Geo Metro starter would probably work.

I've said it before. These are the perfect cars. They do EVERYTHING well.

That 14 second car got 52 MPG (imperial) while driving it like a 14 second car, the last time I checked it.

I can answer any questions you may have about these cars.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
6/1/11 9:35 p.m.
Zomby woof wrote: I can answer any questions you may have about these cars.

How do I make it small enough to hide under my workbench so the wife doesn't see it?

If I didn't have kart stuff to buy and every weekend spent at the track, I'd be all over this......

-Rob

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
6/1/11 10:28 p.m.

13 hours? Dang...thats a long way...

I'm still thinking...

SkinnyG
SkinnyG HalfDork
6/1/11 10:53 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: has anyone set one up for RWD?

I am in the process of this.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
6/2/11 7:05 p.m.

This one looks rear wheel drive to me.

http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9156

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
6/2/11 7:27 p.m.
rob_lewis wrote:
Zomby woof wrote: I can answer any questions you may have about these cars.
How do I make it small enough to hide under my workbench so the wife doesn't see it?

You don't need to shrink anything, you need to grow a pair, and tell your wife that you're getting 2 of them

Nitroracer wrote: This one

Needs more intercooler.

corytate
corytate Reader
6/2/11 8:44 p.m.

its so.. cool! lol

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Reader
6/3/11 9:02 a.m.

I've always been intruiged by what I've read about these cars on here, but always thought they were a Canada only car. Too cool!

Dallas shore is far though.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
6/7/11 11:47 a.m.

I fleabayed it if anybody is still interested. :

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZNHBXSJCvSyj0bDcm2ues3C25fpyliXTMRY5IP7CNWltakrwEuwduW3FVyOcJRCj