Rexpelagi
Rexpelagi New Reader
7/24/10 5:45 p.m.

Up for sale is a 1989 Mazda GXL rolling chassis. The chassis has 136,xxx miles on it. The car contained a running V8 swap (GM LT1) for 3 years but the engine spun a rod bearing and I decided to part it out. I am now selling the car as a rolling chassis without an engine or transmission so it will need to be trailered.

The car has been outside for a few months now and I had it under a tarp. Due to the ridiculous temperatures we have had this summer the humidity built up and it looks like a mess inside. It should be easy to wipe off/clean up, but it looks like a flood recovery car. Because of this I dropped my asking price which puts it into challenge car territory I believe.

The car will include:

-Ground Control suspension (Koni yellow adjustable shocks and Eibach linear springs) -Turbo II LSD rear end (swapped in) -Complete Grannyspeedshop GM small block V8 kit (including the engine cradle as well as the driveshaft and transmission mount setup for a T-56, http://grannysspeedshop.com/) -Delrin bushings (MMR full kit, all installed except the DTSS eliminator bushings which I have, http://www.mmr-direct.com/) -Complete black interior (not perfect by any means but it is in decent shape, currently the carpet and some of the other pieces have been removed but will all be included) -New brakes (slotted/drilled rotors, rebuilt front 4 piston calipers, single piston vented rear setup, Hawk HP+ brakes front and rear, SS lines front and rear, DOT 4 fluid)

The body does have a few small rust spots but the underside and frame are clean. For complete information about the swap along with what else is included and for detailed pictures please see the following thread:

http://www.ohiorotaries.com/smf/index.php?topic=4363.0

The asking price is $1500. The suspension, LSD rear and swap kit cost that much new by themselves.

Feel free to email me with any questions. Thanks for looking! $1500.00

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
7/24/10 6:12 p.m.

you race with NORA right?

Rexpelagi
Rexpelagi New Reader
7/25/10 4:35 p.m.
CarKid1989 wrote: you race with NORA right?

Yes I do. Do you as well?

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
7/25/10 6:55 p.m.
Rexpelagi wrote:
CarKid1989 wrote: you race with NORA right?
Yes I do. Do you as well?

been on vacation from it but yeah. i remember your car...pretty quick

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
7/25/10 7:25 p.m.

Jesus, that has Top-5 finish potential all over it!

Rexpelagi
Rexpelagi New Reader
7/25/10 8:29 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: Jesus, that has Top-5 finish potential all over it!

:)

I took a better look at the interior. Whatever got on it wipes right off so I wouldn't be too worried about it. I think the moisture just deposited some dirt on the seats and the dash. However, the price stays the same!

Rexpelagi
Rexpelagi New Reader
8/19/10 9:10 p.m.

I am open to offers...

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke None
8/31/10 1:41 a.m.

This car calls to me. I want to answer, but I do not have a means to tow it.

Rexpelagi
Rexpelagi New Reader
9/1/10 8:42 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke:

I might be able to help if you are close.

Rexpelagi
Rexpelagi New Reader
10/4/10 6:56 p.m.

The car is still available...

Rexpelagi
Rexpelagi New Reader
10/19/10 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Rexpelagi:

The car has now been sold. :)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cq5CBWmmyQYP36WPXK2Ocz78bXYAGyR4TWcMyK0isV65wpCooiFfVhaGP06FGiQM