MrRobogoat
MrRobogoat None
5/24/13 8:39 p.m.

Been lurking here on on and off for a while thinking I should join. Well, I did, in part because I think you guys will find a better use for what I have than the scrapper.

The car: 2000 Subaru Outback, crashed. White, 5 speed. I am told that it has an LSD because of the winter weather package, but have not verified this.

The story / condition: The long version of this story starts when I was a toddler, but I don't think you want to hear that one. Anyway I slid off the road one wet night and crunching the left front and rear fender into a guard rail above the tires, totaling the car. I ended up buying the car back from State Farm, and set about to parting it out. Currently it's sitting in the driveway with no wheels, front seats, engine, front end, left fender, and the front suspension is almost off. I took out the engine on Tuesday (5/21), and I planned on removing the transmission and front suspension for use in a future supercharged Subaru powered 914 for the GRM challenge. However, the deadline I set myself for getting the chassis gone is this weekend, and I will be leaving for a camp all of next week. I'm also leaving for RIT in August, so I need to get adjusted to the poor college student lifestyle. Hence, I would like to sell the chassis, with it's drive shafts, brakes, suspension, transmission, etc. It still even has the interior minus the front seats -- it's just taken apart. There's certainly money in those parts -- it would just take time and space to get them out. I'd like to get $500 for this, which seems very reasonable for the point of challenge competition. It's basically a free Subaru 5 speed, drive shafts, and front suspension, great to weld into any number of mid or rear engine cars...

TL;DR version: I have a crashed Subaru Outback for parts. Missing engine, front seats, one tail light, left front fender, and the core support has been cut out. Could be rolled onto a trailer with some work (you bring the wheels), or could be winched as is onto a flatbed. Great for the GRM challenge, since once you sell stuff off and scrap the body it's a free transmission / LSD / suspension / what you need. $500, located in Halfmoon, NY. Happy to trade if that's what you're into.

EDIT: I forgot to put an off-forum way of contacting me. Oops. My email's ika.jones@gmail.com

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
5/24/13 8:51 p.m.

Y U no live in Illinois?!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
5/24/13 9:10 p.m.
The_Jed wrote: Y U no live in Illinois?!

FTFY

MrRobogoat
MrRobogoat New Reader
5/24/13 9:12 p.m.

I wish I had a witty response for this, but I couldn't think of one. Something about liking my land not flat and full of corn?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
5/25/13 12:21 p.m.

In reply to MrRobogoat:

Hey. We got hills here.

They are just not in the middle where we are.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
5/25/13 1:24 p.m.

I've got an '01 Outback, and the auto dimming rear view mirror is screwed up, busted inside & 1/2 of it can't be seen out of. If you've got an auto dimming rearview mirror, give me a price with shipping to 30721, business address, and maybe I can get that off of your hands.

MrRobogoat
MrRobogoat New Reader
5/25/13 1:58 p.m.

@ Hoser: The mirror is a normal wink type: you pull a lever and it moves, darkening it. Not sure if you still want it, let me know.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/25/13 2:34 p.m.

Rit? Aww hell. Eat at Gracie's.

MrRobogoat
MrRobogoat New Reader
5/25/13 11:29 p.m.

I've eaten there before. Not bad food once in a while, it's just going to get really monotonous. Fortunately, I have a plan for eating breakfast in my dorm room.

Anyway, I think I'm going to scrap the car by the end of the week unless someone pipes up wanting parts. Willing to just pull the transmission / front suspension if someone wants it.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
5/26/13 5:52 a.m.

It's still got to be better than what I've got :D Can you get me a pic just so I can see if uses the same mount? Something from the back, maybe through the windshield. Thanks!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
5/26/13 7:41 a.m.
MrRobogoat wrote: I wish I had a witty response for this, but I couldn't think of one. Something about liking my land not flat and full of corn?

How about; our governors know how to stay out of prison?

MrRobogoat
MrRobogoat New Reader
5/31/13 8:45 p.m.

So... Last call folks. I'm calling the scrappers on Monday. Gotta move on to some other projects.

MrRobogoat
MrRobogoat New Reader
6/3/13 5:47 p.m.

Alright, some dude is coming buy tomorrow to haul things away. Bonus: He's paying me $100 for the shell.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KZtQKvj3Okxk9MBboeJ2NFZA4st5jUEIua7tX7BazYUQTaEqOpL6WPETRhlSHNuh