1 2
racer33
racer33 Reader
9/20/18 2:51 a.m.

I won't be able to make it to the challenge, but if I can get this for $1,250 the weekend following this one you can color it sold.

Mike

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/20/18 2:18 p.m.

Funny..... I was looking at an older Car & Driver earlier today, and they had a comparo of this exact car, against a Neon R/T.

The Nissan won--- they liked it a lot and called it a "Mini Maxima".   Someone is going to get a heck of a deal!  

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
9/25/18 7:22 p.m.

Important question: does it have a sunroof?

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
9/25/18 7:41 p.m.

How is this still for sale!?!? 

BlueInGreen - Jon
9/25/18 7:56 p.m.

In reply to B13Birk :

If it doesn’t have a sunroof it might not be for much longer. Maybe.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/26/18 7:45 a.m.

It does have a sunroof.  I still have  it at this point.

BlueInGreen - Jon
9/26/18 10:46 a.m.

Darn. Sunroofs tend to kill headroom for me in smaller cars, especially when a helmet is involved. Otherwise it would be perfect.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/26/18 11:39 a.m.

I am 6'4". I feel your pain.

BlueInGreen - Jon
9/26/18 7:01 p.m.

Yep, it’s a struggle. Still, if nothing decent turns up locally you might hear from me.

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
9/26/18 10:28 p.m.

Would you at all consider a trade for my Miata and you throw some cash on top? It’s posted in the open classifieds here at the moment 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/1/18 12:42 p.m.

Sold!  Headed to Michigan to serve as a winter beater...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/1/18 4:48 p.m.

It deserved better than that.  I haz a sad. 

KevinLG
KevinLG New Reader
10/2/18 8:10 a.m.

It’ll still be used for things more interesting than just slogging through snow, I’m sure it’ll see track time, and autocross, whenever my normal ride is down or if I don’t feel like breaking my back/sweating a lot. Sadly, one of the vehicles in my fleet has to be a sacrifice to the rust gods. As much as I hate subjecting a salt virgin to Michigan winters, I hate wrenching on cars that have lived up here even more. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
10/2/18 8:45 a.m.

In reply to KevinLG :

sounds like a good candidate for whatever it is that salt belt people spray on their undercarriages to keep them from instant disintegration.   Waxoyl?   I can't remember but i'm sure someone will chime in.   I believe  there have been threads about it on here as well.

Excellent purchase.   If my need was stronger, i would have grabbed it. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kJJowJXkwUNbDMtrb2dednSBgjESlsQ4cWsxmSfTTXbXyuIBgGfRvD7SKvMGQ1gT