1 2 3
EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
2/27/13 10:04 p.m.

The one good car not in Atlanta and you are dragging it down to Georgia :(

Missed by one minute.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/27/13 10:13 p.m.

Would you like me to bring you something from ATL?

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
2/27/13 10:14 p.m.

You can drop off that 323gtx to make me feel better. :D

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/27/13 10:18 p.m.

I'd be happy to.

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
2/27/13 10:21 p.m.

I'll send you an email later, interested.

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
2/28/13 2:39 a.m.

Darn looks like I'm late to the party but I would take it in a second as well!

Murphy
Murphy New Reader
3/1/13 10:46 a.m.

So this is still not sold? Im located in Oxford, if by some miracle no one else ahead of me buys this.

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
3/1/13 10:49 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I even have a turbo that would work nicely on it. And a wastegate. I'd just need a manifold.

And something to run the water pump since the S/C'd MINIs run the water pump off of the S/C.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/1/13 10:53 a.m.
e_pie wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I even have a turbo that would work nicely on it. And a wastegate. I'd just need a manifold.

And something to run the water pump since the S/C'd MINIs run the water pump off of the S/C.

Like... shares a belt? Or the water pump is geared with the s/c somehow? (Which would be incredibly stupid, but entirely possible)

Either way, i've seen used electric pumps relatively cheap locally.

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
3/1/13 1:22 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
e_pie wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I even have a turbo that would work nicely on it. And a wastegate. I'd just need a manifold.

And something to run the water pump since the S/C'd MINIs run the water pump off of the S/C.

Like... shares a belt? Or the water pump is geared with the s/c somehow? (Which would be incredibly stupid, but entirely possible)

Either way, i've seen used electric pumps relatively cheap locally.

Water pump is geared off the s/c, which is the part that usually fails in the s/c leading to overheating.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/1/13 1:57 p.m.

Don't these ones have a funky supercharger that's also the intake manifold? I've only looked under the hood of one of these once, and I got confused.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/2/13 10:51 a.m.
Murphy wrote: So this is still not sold?

I've given him a deposit, and intend to pick it up next week.

LEt da haterz begin...

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
3/2/13 12:20 p.m.
SVreX wrote: I've given him a deposit, and intend to pick it up next week.

If you tire of the car while passing through Columbus I'll take it off your hands :)

onrails
onrails New Reader
3/4/13 9:56 a.m.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the huge interest! SVreX is coming up to the frozen tundra this weekend (though it's supposed to be warming up) to pick the old girl up. Kicking myself a little for underpricing, but not too much. I'm glad I'm getting something for it, and more glad that it's going to a good home, so hopefully a win-win all around! I didn't want to leave someone high and dry if it was going to the 201x challenge.

On a side note, you guys have been great! I'm looking forward to meeting SVreX on Friday and if he bails out completely (it's just winter grime that I didn't have a chance to wash off...it's really a good car under there!) then I'll let the rest of you know. In the meantime, I have a deposit happily warming my paypal account looking for a purpose once the car is gone.

Thanks again to everyone, hopefully we'll have some good news coming out of bad for a long while.

dyintorace
dyintorace UltraDork
3/4/13 10:05 a.m.

NOW I understand why SVreX is headed north with an empty trailer.

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
3/4/13 10:17 a.m.
onrails wrote: Hi everyone, Thanks for the huge interest! SVreX is coming up to the frozen tundra this weekend (though it's supposed to be warming up) to pick the old girl up. Kicking myself a little for underpricing, but not too much. I'm glad I'm getting something for it, and more glad that it's going to a good home, so hopefully a win-win all around! I didn't want to leave someone high and dry if it was going to the 201x challenge. On a side note, you guys have been great! I'm looking forward to meeting SVreX on Friday and if he bails out completely (it's just winter grime that I didn't have a chance to wash off...it's really a good car under there!) then I'll let the rest of you know. In the meantime, I have a deposit happily warming my paypal account looking for a purpose once the car is gone. Thanks again to everyone, hopefully we'll have some good news coming out of bad for a long while.

i dont think you underpriced it maybe you could of got a couple hunderd more for it but you would have to deal with aholes of CL or someplace else you would put it up for sale,,,,

now if you feel really bad about how cheap you sold it for you could always cancel the deal and put it up for auction here

onrails
onrails New Reader
3/4/13 11:26 a.m.

In reply to cutter67:

Nice... A deal's a deal! Though I'm sure if you line I-75 south like circling vultures maybe he could be 'persuaded' to part with it.

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
3/4/13 11:46 a.m.
onrails wrote: Though I'm sure if you line I-75 south like circling vultures maybe he could be 'persuaded' to part with it.

Yea right we would have to pry the keys from his dead hands...........hmmm what time is he picking up

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
3/9/13 7:23 a.m.

WTF how did i miss this? car was 20 minutes from my house! SVreX has already picked it up and headed home and i'm just seeing this thread for the first time. looking forward to seeing this in the build thread section!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/9/13 11:13 a.m.

I'm pedaling as fast as I can southbound to get away from you vultures!!

Pretty sure one of you could have bribed Angry cheap to flavor the pizza.

How come Cutter can flash some cash around here and grab most everything of value, and I buy one freakin car and have to run for my life out of Detroit??

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/9/13 7:28 p.m.
SVreX wrote: How come Cutter can flash some cash around here and grab most everything of value, and I buy one freakin car and have to run for my life out of Detroit??

because you bought a car that appeals to everyone on the board. you bought a 2003 mini for less than 2k what did you expect. if i wasnt in west va all day i might of waited somewhere in ohio for you and at least shot out a tire on trailer

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
3/9/13 8:13 p.m.

E36 M3 if it was any closer to me, you'd have to fight me for it. I could use a spare MINI. Good on ya for snapping it up.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
3/9/13 8:25 p.m.

In reply to onrails:

I wouldn't kick yourself too much for the pricing. Selling a car quickly and painlessly to someone who is going to treat it well is a big big perk that is worth a little bit of cash. I will also say that while many of us very vocally wanted that car the number of us who could/would immediately send you a deposit and show up quickly to pick it up were very very few. Congrats on the sale and thanks for thinking of us in the GRM community first.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/10/13 7:27 a.m.
cutter67 wrote: if i wasnt in west va all day i might of waited somewhere in ohio for you and at least shot out a tire on trailer

Careful... I might have shot back!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/10/13 7:31 a.m.

Well, THAT was close. This one almost got away from GA. Whew! The recovery mission is over, and she's safe.

HUGE thumbs up for onrails! Very cool guy! I wish I had some time to buy you a beer while we were there- I'd have enjoyed getting to know you better.

Thanks again! I am a very happy camper.

I'll see the rest of you on the track... hope your Challenge car can out maneuver a MINI Cooper S.

1 2 3
Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
HrTHEoGuFMkpjaNHpHRbzON1MqvzxQLemAvKb3Zi2jCW5sOkSElcQehK0xCDWoDU