alleykat
alleykat New Reader
5/12/09 10:29 p.m.

1993 BMW Lagoon-Green 325i, 5speed with sport suspension, @ 150k miles. alsmothers at yahoo dot com

pics here

I'm going to give you all first crack at this. The car has minor issues and that is reflected in the price. If I don't sell it as is, I will do the work myself and sell it for a higher price in the usual places. I have twin 2 year old daughters and free time is in short supply. I'm willing to trade money for time.

I have owned and driven the car daily for the last two years. The cluster was replace by the previous owner. It reads 130,XXX miles. The last inspection the car had with the previous cluster was about 15k greater than the new one.

The engine is from a 1994. At one point the original engine was hydro-locked. On the documentation I received with the car, it states the mileage on the replacement was similar to that it replaced. All work was performed by Atlantic Auto Werks in Va. Beach.

Since I have owned the car, I have replaced the flex-disc (guibo), primary chain tensioner, slave cylinder, headlamp assemblies, and front and rear pads. I have flushed the coolant and added BMW coolant with distilled water, and put Redline MTL in the transmission. I have also changed the oil every 5k miles with BMW synthetic. Brakes and clutch hydraulics have been flushed with a Motive power bleeder. It's got new plugs and an air filter.

I have a lot of documentation from the first two owners and receipts from the prior owner. The car has spent it entire life in the Tidewater and Richmond area. It almost never snows here and when does, the whole town takes the day off.

I have some extras that I will through in for a very good price. They include a 3.23 LSD from a 99 M3 (six bolt input needs to be swapped to a four or change drive shaft), and M3 sway bars (the rear is a direct fit), EBay performance chip (works like a champ).

The good: Interior is in good/fair condition. No crack in dash, No rips in seats. Vinyl seats have minor scuffs. Suspension is tight. M3 offset cabs and new control arms within the last 25k. oem boge shocks within the last 40k. Exterior if in good/fair condition. Few dings and dents. Hood has some hail damage. Engine pulls strong and uses no oil between changes. Water pump and housing changed out when new engine put in. All weather seals work very well. No leaks. All electronics (including sunroof) function perfectly. A/C works. Zero rust. Exhaust is in great shape and sounds fantastic. Valid Virgina inspection sticker (Good till 4/10).

The bad: VANOS is noisy. I have a replacement unit that will come with the car. Second gear syncros can be fussy. Still very drivable. Headliner is droopy. Held up with upholstery pins at the moment (works like a champ). Passenger door panel is a little loose. It stays on with no problem. Tires will need to be replaced soon. Rear trailing arm bushings are getting close. Right front fender is DotR.

alleykat
alleykat New Reader
5/15/09 6:27 a.m.

No one want to build a spec3 or spece36 car?

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
5/15/09 7:23 a.m.

I would like to, but VA is a long way from NM and I've alerady got my hands full with a soon to be track miata and BABE rally car.

alleykat
alleykat New Reader
5/22/09 6:20 a.m.

bump...

alleykat
alleykat New Reader
6/1/09 6:57 a.m.

The car has been sold. Thanks.

dean1484
dean1484 Dork
6/4/09 7:36 a.m.

Man I just saw this. That looks like a great deal!

By the way how is "Hood has some hail damage" a good thing?

Looks like some one got a good car!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hhFJa0UaUnnTVkZGeI0CUdPqAXpzABqPEqPTOHELLpVCiwnxIELeTJT2uURY7jjj