1 2
B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
11/8/19 12:51 p.m.
dyintorace said:

My son and I loved this Challenge entrant. Is there a build thread anywhere for it? Can someone share the builder's name with me as well? We chatted quite a bit but I failed to get his name. :(

Copy cat! I want info on this car too! haha. I hope all is well my man! I noticed you sold the rx7. Bummer I was looking forward to checking that thing out. If you would be willing to pass along any info you get on this appreciate i would greatly appreciate it. 

westsidetalon
westsidetalon HalfDork
11/8/19 5:41 p.m.
B13Birk said:

In reply to westsidetalon :

Im also very interested in this setup. I have been wanting to do a cheap beater drag car. The goal was to go 12's. Any info on what to look for in an s70 would be greatly appreciated as well as any info connected to your build! 

Hello Jon we chatted briefly on Instagram a few years back, as you were gonna do a Nissan I remember. My IG is _fastaction and that's where you'll find some documentation. This was almost a 3 year super part time project that came together in the last month! You'll need a turbo 850/S70 T5 (turbo 5 cyl.)and the 1998 S70 appears to be the only year with a 5 speed option. Reduce weight as much possible, manual boost controller, race gas, slicks and driver mod* Engine mods were open intake filter and 3" downpipe open exhaust. 

tackla
tackla New Reader
11/14/19 7:47 p.m.

Glad you all like the car,  Can't wait for next year.  Shooting for 11's and a top autox time. I'll actually work on the car this year lol

westsidetalon
westsidetalon HalfDork
11/15/19 8:48 a.m.
tackla said:

Glad you all like the car,  Can't wait for next year.  Shooting for 11's and a top autox time. I'll actually work on the car this year lol

I'll drop it off today

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
11/15/19 9:22 a.m.
westsidetalon said:
tackla said:

I'll drop it off today

LMAO

tackla
tackla New Reader
11/15/19 3:00 p.m.

Lol, Broken shocks, Broken spark plugs   Just counted six sets of plugs sitting on the shelf. 
Can't wait to weigh it and dyno. Andrew your going next year!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/15/19 3:39 p.m.

In reply to tackla :

Hell ya make andrew go then we can have ALL the NEOhio guys

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
11/26/19 1:15 a.m.

I have a 98 s70 T5 with a factory manual for sale.  Some assembly required.   Central Bama.

I loved your car too, Talon, i used to have the white 95 850 slick top wagon that also would have made a good clone/tribute of the long roof that Google always shows

westsidetalon
westsidetalon HalfDork
11/26/19 10:13 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

I have a 98 s70 T5 with a factory manual for sale.  Some assembly required.   Central Bama.

I loved your car too, Talon, i used to have the white 95 850 slick top wagon that also would have made a good clone/tribute of the long roof that Google always shows

Yeah woulda loved to have done the wagon but the white base model slick top sedan($300) fell right into my hands. I've talked for years about recreating that google image at the challenge btw. Post up your car in the classifieds, bunch of interest in ours at concourse. Plan is to bring back, go 11s, actually do decent in autox and ham it up on concourse.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
11/27/19 6:36 p.m.

Based on your car, my son and I just bought this. Not sure it will end up at the Challenge, but we’re excited to get it running!

westsidetalon
westsidetalon HalfDork
11/28/19 11:48 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

Very cool lmk when you find out what was wrong with it

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4JBVzDwgXgiJuUULGKSz7tanVNjBjNYBRkPdB5c1k4EiTLGGWFV5ufJitIbMCsnR