mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/14/19 3:12 p.m.

There are going to be a lot of you at the Challenge for this. So many shirts. 

Excuse the mess. Still a lot of "living room scattered about the house" going on. 

This whole event thing is getting close. surprise

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/14/19 3:14 p.m.

I really like how my forum name appears to be a reaction to the result of having thunk twice and wrenched once.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/14/19 3:20 p.m.

Considering all of the questions I've had about the TTWO symbol, it all works quite well. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/14/19 3:33 p.m.

Seth how many Gastropod cars are entered?

mazdeuce - Seth
10/14/19 3:47 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Like all of the special classes the last few years there is no formal registration. That means we just need to wait and see who/what shows up and count then. Going from my shirt order and who I know is coming, I think the low end is around 15 and the high end is over 20. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/14/19 4:01 p.m.

Are the gastropod going for font judge me, or full concourse? Or is that up to individuals?

And those shirts are cool!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/14/19 4:08 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I plan to do the concours, so I can tell the tale of Betsy- without the story, it's just a truck.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/14/19 4:12 p.m.

I'm going to make a sign for mine that says, "Don't judge me, I'm taking the 12...but do feel free to admire it anyway if you want"

mazdeuce - Seth
10/14/19 4:44 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Are the gastropod going for font judge me, or full concourse? Or is that up to individuals?

And those shirts are cool!

Funny you should ask!

We're just sorting out a presentation/QA session with the Wreck Racing team from Georgia Tech for around the pool on Thursday evening. I'm going to figure out how to spend way too much on pizza for....everyone? In return the Wreck group is going to give everyone tips and suggestions about how to do a good presentation at the concourse. I've watched them over the past two years and they know how to present. They should be worth listening to. In addition, Steve Stafford of aeordynamic and general car story fame is going to be there as well as our resident brake systems expert Patrick Caherty. We should all get a chance to eat a bit of food and learn a LOT. Time is a bit fluid but will be nailed down sometime next week. This isn't at all limited to the Gastropods, everyone is welcome. 

So what I'm hoping is that the Gastropods give the concourse a good honest try and by doing that learn how to do it and do it well. 

I don't have any say at all in the scoring (thank goodness) so I'm pulling for all of you to get all the points you can. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/14/19 5:43 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

FYI thursday is parking lot build pizza lunch and bratwurst night as tradition goes.  So maybe just plan on sausages and feeding the tech kids pizza during lunch?

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/14/19 6:10 p.m.

I am planning on doing the concourse.  It's a big part of the challenge even though taking the 12 points is probably a better strategy from a points standing.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/14/19 6:32 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Lots of people (including the GT crew) that are arriving in the evening on Thrursday, so maybe we'll need a second round of food? 

Making this up as we go along. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/14/19 6:50 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

You're more than welcome to feed the college kids pizza.  5 star pizza is my go-to, they deliver to the hotel and discount big orders.  I think we got like 8 large pizzas delivered a couple years ago for under $100

just know that hoops is bringing like 75 brats for Thursday night

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/15/19 5:31 a.m.
pimpm3 said:

I am planning on doing the concourse.  It's a big part of the challenge even though taking the 12 points is probably a better strategy from a points standing.

+1. Someone talked me into it. Working on the presentation things with the wife when she gets back

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
10/15/19 6:26 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

We're just sorting out a presentation/QA session with the Wreck Racing team from Georgia Tech for around the pool on Thursday evening. I'm going to figure out how to spend way too much on pizza for....everyone? In return the Wreck group is going to give everyone tips and suggestions about how to do a good presentation at the concourse. I've watched them over the past two years and they know how to present. They should be worth listening to. In addition, Steve Stafford of aeordynamic and general car story fame is going to be there as well as our resident brake systems expert Patrick Caherty. We should all get a chance to eat a bit of food and learn a LOT. Time is a bit fluid but will be nailed down sometime next week. This isn't at all limited to the Gastropods, everyone is welcome. 

So what I'm hoping is that the Gastropods give the concourse a good honest try and by doing that learn how to do it and do it well. 

I don't have any say at all in the scoring (thank goodness) so I'm pulling for all of you to get all the points you can. 

Maybe I need to start gathering some show and tell stuff...

mazdeuce - Seth
10/16/19 8:02 a.m.

Shirts are all done. I love making shirts for the lot of you, but I love making shirts for your kids. 

Need to make the trophy. Might need to commandeer a cooler at the event? Anyone got an extra to bring? I want to drive the Traccord and Pete's bass gear will take up cooler space, which I approve of. 

Other than that......we're on? Making up the rest as we go along. 

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
10/16/19 8:06 a.m.

I can donate some cooler space.

Now to remember to bring chairs and the ez-up.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
10/16/19 10:22 a.m.

i guess i should declare my intention to run Gastropod this year.  :-(

2001 GMC Sonoma, reg cab, short bed, ZQ8, 4.3L, Manual, will be about 196k on race day.

Rolling Potenza RE760 Sports (TW340) dated 2016 iirc.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
10/16/19 10:24 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Sounds like sideways fun...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
10/16/19 4:52 p.m.

In reply to stafford1500 :

If it’ll turn at all I’ll be happy

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/16/19 8:18 p.m.

My s10 is a great autocross vehicle, you will be pleasantly surprised.

bluej
bluej UberDork
10/16/19 9:00 p.m.

2019: Year of the Gastruckpods

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/17/19 2:29 p.m.

I am hoping to bring up the rear in my 1980 240d. Running brand new Douglas all seasons from Walmart, $240 installed for the set.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/17/19 2:35 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

Ueah, but you followed the recipe.....

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/17/19 3:04 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
pimpm3 said:

Ueah, but you followed the recipe.....

Yeah I googled driveabeater.  I hear that guy knows what he is talking about...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CgEBbaISmhCGLFGyBVAqHVUKLUKZAVMI1QFBgi534mXpTPiBDwlO4ybOD6dqxyLf