bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/17/19 3:19 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

I am hoping to bring up the rear in my 1980 240d. Running brand new Douglas all seasons from Walmart, $240 installed for the set.

Damn! Big spender. Westlakes $207 shipped . 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/18/19 9:15 a.m.

Need to pull the eye stalks back out. Wire brush, probably JB weld the eyes on so it can be safely jostled without losing sight. Paint, gold paint. Some sort of words so the winner doesn't forget why that chopped up brake rotor is on their mantle. Not as cool as Stampies trophies, but it'll be ready. 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/18/19 9:40 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Don't sell yourself short, that's extremely cool laugh

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek HalfDork
10/18/19 10:12 a.m.

Very cool and creative. Also, very heavy.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/18/19 10:15 a.m.

That is damn cool. Makes me wanna put an interior back in the Q45. 

mazdeuce - Seth
10/18/19 11:22 a.m.

Aw shucks you guys....... (kicks dirt).....I'm just happy that you're happy. laugh

gumby
gumby Reader
10/18/19 3:34 p.m.

That makes me want to spend money I don't have on n2o I don't have time to tune. And maybe dial in a more aggressive alignment.

So rad!

bluej
bluej UberDork
10/18/19 6:08 p.m.

I spent the $$ on an n2o setup. We'll see if chris is able to get it set up in time..

mazdeuce - Seth
10/21/19 4:48 p.m.

Ok everyone, I have some news, and for me at least it's pretty sad. Let's start with a picture. 

That's my collarbone.  It shouldn't look like that. The good news is it's getting fixed by a super cool combat medic with two Broze Stars. The bad news is that surgery is scheduled for Wednesday morning which effectively ends any thoughts I had of making it to Florida later this week.

I'm putting a plan in motion to get the shirts to everyone. I'm going to throw in something to act as a stand in for the trophy which I will finish and mail to the winner. 

What this means is that you guys are going to have to band together, make all of you feel welcome, and go get tacos without me. I'm sad and I'm sorry and I've been trying to figure out some other outcome, but I just can't. It's going to be a party and the best special class ever because you guys are going to make it that way. 

gumby
gumby Reader
10/21/19 5:04 p.m.

Drat!

Hope surgery and recovery go well

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/21/19 5:13 p.m.

Damn that sucks. I was looking forward to a Seth hug. Heal up and I promise the others will keep me in line. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
10/21/19 5:23 p.m.

Damn, that sucks Seth. How did you manage to do that?

mazdeuce - Seth
10/21/19 5:47 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Multi class endurance racing. I'm still learning about traffic and closing speeds and all that. Luckily I was the only person involved when it was all said and done. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/21/19 6:15 p.m.

Noooo!  How will you get to drive Betsy now?  Although I guess you're going to get some aftermarket parts installed so that's cool at least.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/21/19 6:23 p.m.

That sucks!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/21/19 6:24 p.m.

Bummer. I guess I'll have to wait until One Lap or next year's Challenge to finally meet you.

Take care of yourself.

Robbie
Robbie MegaDork
10/21/19 6:27 p.m.

Sorry man. We will have a "raise a glasstropod" cheers (or maybe many) in your name. 

mazdeuce - Seth
10/21/19 6:43 p.m.

Placeholder trophy created! Whoever takes this home will get the real trophy in the mail once I'm better. 

Big thanks to Mrs. Deuce for the idea when I was just sitting here being sad.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/21/19 6:45 p.m.

Of all people to have to scratch! The inventor of the Gastropod class and only person I know who knows what a doodlebuger is!

My crew is down from three Petes to just me and a Rockstar. Still looking forward to arriving just to say I made it.  The car drove for two hours straight so hope it will do so for about 48.

Pete

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/21/19 7:03 p.m.

Dangit. Get well soon.

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
10/21/19 7:40 p.m.

Bummer. I hope the surgery is smooth. 

packrat
packrat New Reader
10/21/19 8:55 p.m.

That’s such bummer!  Hope it heals quick.  Thanks for all your hard work and encouragement to the gastropods.  We’ll miss you being there.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
10/21/19 9:28 p.m.

Wow that is horrible! I wish you a speedy recovery

BBC

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
10/22/19 8:10 a.m.

Get well soon Seth, we will miss you being there! If it makes you feel any better, that picture of you on the bike is pretty badass. 

mazdeuce - Seth
10/22/19 8:35 a.m.

Thanks for the wishes everyone. I really appreciate it. 

The shirts are headed to the hotel. John Welsh should end up with the box and a semi mangled printed spreadsheet of who gets what. The good news is that most of you got your names on the back and you know who you are. 

Steve Stafford and Bob should both have some cooler space and I've told John to buy beverages on my dime to keep the social part of this group alive. Not sure what's happening to the taco run but I hope I somehow get a picture of some of you with tacos and smiles. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fhhRGljae9Yxn8BphauCyRbv9uptmXjg2CkMFxdznJ03dvXvt9wheyXFP0E2PyUB