davbro
davbro New Reader
11/12/19 9:22 p.m.

Lots of magazines from the 80s and 90s if anyone needs scans of period ads or articles....yes GRM gets the top shelf.  there's another full cabinet next to it

GRM, Autoweek, European Car, On Track, Turbo, Sport Compact, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hotrodding, R&T, C&D and many more...and old catalogs (Racing Beat, Mazda Motorsports, GM Performance, Metric Mechanic and other BMW catalogs)

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/16/19 12:26 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/17/19 8:14 a.m.

Ever search CL with <$2k the only criteria?

'Splain me the scoop ....

Can you get a car in the back over the pusher engine?

$700.

TJL
TJL HalfDork
11/17/19 9:13 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Not fishy at all! Dont ask questions, no title.  The PO of that thing spent quite a bit of time in the "ricer garbage" isle of the FLAPS. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/17/19 10:41 a.m.

In reply to TJL :

Someone owes a note they don't want to admit to. 

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
11/17/19 10:57 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

Do you think this Supra body on a shifter kart chassis would Radwood-legal?

I would've bought the hell out of that!

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
11/17/19 10:59 a.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to TJL :

Someone owes a note they don't want to admit to. 

Then they report it stolen.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/17/19 4:58 p.m.
NOT A TA said:
Mndsm said:

In reply to TJL :

Someone owes a note they don't want to admit to. 

Then they report it stolen.

Exactly. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/17/19 6:06 p.m.
davbro said:

Lots of magazines from the 80s and 90s if anyone needs scans of period ads or articles....yes GRM gets the top shelf.  there's another full cabinet next to it

GRM, Autoweek, European Car, On Track, Turbo, Sport Compact, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hotrodding, R&T, C&D and many more...and old catalogs (Racing Beat, Mazda Motorsports, GM Performance, Metric Mechanic and other BMW catalogs)

is there any way i could inconvinience you for scans of ANYTHING neon related? my ACR is a period correct restoration project,involvong a rotisserie and all the top shelf 1998 spec parts. so all of the neon stuff you have will be relevant in some way!

davbro
davbro New Reader
11/18/19 4:31 p.m.

I In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Will do....my printer is having some issues now but I will look for some material so I can send as soon as I sort the printer out 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/19/19 1:45 p.m.
davbro said:

I In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Will do....my printer is having some issues now but I will look for some material so I can send as soon as I sort the printer out 

Thank you. You're awesome.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
11/20/19 11:45 a.m.

I would assume for the BMX portion, it wouldn't apply to the Challenge budget?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-School-Vintage-1987-GT-Pro-Performer-20-BMX-bike-plus-matching-GT-scooter/333294477757?hash=item4d99e621bd:g:6FkAAOSwDCtdTJHe

OOOOF, my childhood is expensive....

-Rob

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/20/19 1:27 p.m.

In reply to rob_lewis :

I’ve been searching for an 80’s freestyle bike too. You’re definitely correct about them being expensive...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
11/20/19 1:55 p.m.

radwood eligibility questions that the answers won't really matter but i'll ask anyway:

1.  1990 325is?   when i think radwood i think '82 - '88, but E30 came out in '84 IIRC so i'm leaning towards yes.

2.  1998 Z28?  it's a 4th gen, which launched for the '93 model year.  and because it's a face-lifted 4th gen, it's also an LS1, which i definitely think is too modern for radwood.

 

gumby
gumby Reader
11/20/19 3:51 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

RADwood is extremely subjective. I do however, agree with your notions on both of those examples.

 

rob_lewis said:

OOOOF, my childhood is expensive....

-Rob

OTOH, try building those for less.
When I hit my BMX nostalgia phase 11 or so years ago, I was astounded at the price some of the parts were pulling; let alone complete bikes. Made me happy to be building a "lesser" label bike!

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
11/21/19 6:56 p.m.

So how does 90s era motorsport fit into the Radwood vibe?

I’m brainstorming a rally car tribute theme involving an Escort (the Ford economy car, just so we’re clear :P) which I think should fit the idea but, never having been to the GRM challenge or a Radwood event I wanted to get some opinions.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/21/19 7:41 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

I mean, how long have people been painting their street cars to look like Dale's black #3? Surely that started in the 90s, so I think 90s car + 90s motorsport tribute livery = eligible.

BTW there will hopefully be multiple Ford Escort LX-E challenge cars next year. laugh

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/27/19 8:55 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to rob_lewis :

I’ve been searching for an 80’s freestyle bike too. You’re definitely correct about them being expensive...

Yeah, legit "premium" '80s BMX bikes aren't cheap--and by "premium" I mean pro race frames or top-tier freestyle bikes. 

I still have my '83 (or so) MCS Magnum. The reality? Those dropouts look thin. And the top tube is short. Hence why I ride a 22-inch (wheel) bike. Even my 1999 DK ProXL feels too small. And also why I'm into retro bikes--old-school looks but you can ride them. There are a ton of options out there these days.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/27/19 10:36 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to rob_lewis :

I’ve been searching for an 80’s freestyle bike too. You’re definitely correct about them being expensive...

Yeah, legit "premium" '80s BMX bikes aren't cheap--and by "premium" I mean pro race frames or top-tier freestyle bikes. 

I still have my '83 (or so) MCS Magnum. The reality? Those dropouts look thin. And the top tube is short. Hence why I ride a 22-inch (wheel) bike. Even my 1999 DK ProXL feels too small. And also why I'm into retro bikes--old-school looks but you can ride them. There are a ton of options out there these days.

While it isn’t a bike I’d want to own or ride, this 83 Murray seems like a decent bargain for $250.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/28/19 8:12 a.m.

You know, can't remember the last time I saw a Murray in the flesh. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/28/19 8:20 a.m.

Also, fresh kicks just arrived. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
11/28/19 9:02 a.m.
slowbird said:

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

BTW there will hopefully be multiple Ford Escort LX-E challenge cars next year. laugh

That would be awesome! 

And these Rad mudflaps will definitely be staying on mine.

 

 

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/29/19 10:38 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:
slowbird said:

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

BTW there will hopefully be multiple Ford Escort LX-E challenge cars next year. laugh

That would be awesome! 

And these Rad mudflaps will definitely be staying on mine.

 

 

Sweet! yes

 

On a different note, I really wish I knew how to get a kei car for challenge money.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/29/19 10:42 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Mine came Tuesday, yes i have r2-d2 socks

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/3/19 4:05 p.m.

Nice socks. I also have a few new pair waiting--you know, for later service. 

Our Preferred Partners
WQhbkWQe7AanEJ18NqHILQzlUrok92mBL9q5Cag9OorHzzYVQE0Af9W1mCChk3yK