1 2 3 4 5
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/18/21 7:30 a.m.
Stampie said:

We may not bring the fastest car but we will bring the best bar. 

I'll bring a bottle of rum. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/18/21 7:36 a.m.

I think if there's a "best sounding exhaust " we are going to win that hands down. I'm not a Ford guy but damn... that mother berkeleyer exhaust is awesome. 

nocones
nocones UberDork
10/18/21 7:38 a.m.

I don't even have to go to Florida to get my butt kicked by the challenge.

I hope to sleep before I see you all Thursday.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/18/21 8:20 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I'm not a Mustang or F-150 guy, but they do tend to sound quite nice with X pipes. Strangely enough I feel that if you could combine qualities and aspects of different generation Mustangs into one platform that you would really have an excellent vehicle that outside of utility would be pretty close to perfect in regards to performance, yet no generation has enough of those entities within the same platform for me to consider wanting to own any of them. The Mach E would probably be the only one that I would actually consider, but it doesn't sound good with X pipes. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
10/18/21 8:41 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

TFW you get beat by your own racecar

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/18/21 1:39 p.m.

Going to have the 2nd fastest car in the drags for the 2nd year in a row.

BOOM roasted. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/18/21 2:01 p.m.

For the record I've seen better smack talk from the Sundae Cup guys and they all drive Honda Fits. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/18/21 2:05 p.m.

Gonna make the Nelsons regret going away from Turbo LS swaps. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/18/21 2:09 p.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

what are they bringing?

10/18/21 2:38 p.m.

If you haven't vacuumed your dash, is it even a Radwood build? 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/18/21 4:19 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to surfshibby07 :

what are they bringing?

I thought (strong word) they were bringing a fiat with a turbo Atlas, but I don't see it int. The entrants list.

tb
tb Dork
10/18/21 4:32 p.m.

Seriously guys, can you please actually engage in some entertaining smack talk? Some of us need to experience the challenge vicariously this year. 

I built my quickest and most nimble car ever this year, I just couldn't figure out how to compete without being able to walk... instead of spending today loading up the trailer I would appreciate being distracted by good nature E36 M3 talking.

If you all drive and wrench the way you chatter then I weep for this year's field... cheeky

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
10/18/21 4:59 p.m.

I'm sorry, you guys think you are going to beat F-Dat? the car now equipped with Oar-tec ™? 

Ya'll are going to be up a creek when that car gets out on the track.  I swear, its a-boat time that you guys got your E36 M3 together because if you don't you'll be all wet; I'm talking sink or swim, because that car is going to be some seriously stern competition.  At least we won't have to stress in the drags, you guys will get there schooner or later.   When Robbie, Ian, and I are up there on the podium taking a bow you're all going to be wishing you had found better parts on sail.    

For real, you want to go up against F-Dat with Oar-tec ™?

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/18/21 6:42 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

That is correct.

10/18/21 10:54 p.m.

Who else is running half budget? I'm having the popping aftermarket head unit out tomorrow morning in order to get there, but it's an easy decision to make even though it will likely cost a concourse point as there is no dummy plate. At least the head unit wasn't period correct enough to give some radwood cred. 

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
10/19/21 4:48 a.m.

You should all prepare to be defeated by the French car. Get your white flags lashed to your antennae...

gumby
gumby Dork
10/19/21 6:46 a.m.

Visual representation of my competitors laid to waste, and my victory beverage.

Are we talking, or are we racing?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
10/19/21 7:21 a.m.
stafford1500 said:

You should all prepare to be defeated by the French car. Get your white flags lashed to your antennae...

I've been waiting to see what contraption you're bringing. Post pictures for those of us stuck at home.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
10/19/21 7:30 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:
stafford1500 said:

I've been waiting to see what contraption you're bringing. Post pictures for those of us stuck at home.

I will get a/the build thread updated soon...

nocones
nocones UberDork
10/19/21 7:47 a.m.
gumby said:

Whoa whoa whoa..  hold on a second..  this picture changes everything and gives me fear and trepidation...

Do we need a taillight?

gumby
gumby Dork
10/19/21 7:58 a.m.
nocones said:

Do we need a taillight?

Don't fear the taillight itself(it's just a piece of plastic and a couple wires), be afraid that this light is all you will be seeing of my car!

nocones
nocones UberDork
10/19/21 8:34 a.m.

In reply to gumby :

Looks like someone needs to put a bike blinky light In their build budget ..

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/19/21 9:00 a.m.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/19/21 9:02 a.m.
nocones said:
gumby said:

Whoa whoa whoa..  hold on a second..  this picture changes everything and gives me fear and trepidation...

Do we need a taillight?

there's plenty to fear. Cones should be in fear, corner workers in fear. Ear drums in fear....

gumby
gumby Dork
10/19/21 11:20 a.m.

Crap, I think my drinking team has a racecar problem

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tRLJGS5IbLpxt4X1eBCEK7gWPxyulzkajIaJwbDr2LnZQ7LBBF626EGN7cN2FEEH