1 2
maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
9/10/21 9:13 p.m.

I love those wheels. So cheap, so plentiful, so wide.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/10/21 9:19 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

They are great but I'll keep it real. They are kinda heavy and because the spokes are so deep they tend to hit calipers if you are trying to go from 17s to 15s. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/11/21 5:37 a.m.

In reply to Catch22 :

Thank you for the offer, we may have a set at the car lot we can throw on the car.  I will keep you posted.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/11/21 6:09 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Whatever you get leave budget for nitrous.

There was no point in buying $50 mustang wheels or $150 nitrous kits if I wasn't planning to go fast.

admc58
admc58 Reader
9/11/21 10:09 p.m.

What is the back spacing on these 15x8 jeep wheels?  

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/11/21 10:12 p.m.

Did you start buying those wheels and kits this year?  Just asking because I haven't seen you fast yet.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/12/21 10:38 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I think 13.9 is my fastest challenge car so far. Still rookie numbers. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/13/21 8:05 p.m.
Stampie said:

I just thought of something. I have a large box of random vinyl wrap cut offs that were free. Would that work?

BMW style ART CAR!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/14/21 12:18 p.m.
Stampie said:

Did you start buying those wheels and kits this year?  Just asking because I haven't seen you fast yet.

SAVAGE!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/14/21 1:56 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
Stampie said:

SAVAGE!

If I do recall I've run faster than stampie in the 1/4 mile and in the back of the hotel parking lot on foot. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/14/21 3:09 p.m.

I'm not making this about me. It's all about you.

Catch22
Catch22 New Reader
9/15/21 1:25 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Damn it I got 15s and 17s.

What size 17's sir?

I picked up a set of 17 x 9 and a +20 offset from the junkyard by you for $12.99 each, so a $51.96 hit to the budget.  I'll be using these on next years project.  But if they would help you guys out this year...you are welcome to them.  I'm in centeral Florida.

I also have a set of those same Jeep 15 x 8 wheels.  I could mock one up on a junkyard Civic, to check caliper/strut clearance.

Let me know?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/15/21 5:04 p.m.

In reply to Catch22 :

17 wise I just have three (one a little sidewall rub) 235/45/17.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/17/21 6:50 a.m.

I have a line on a set of 215/45 r16 615 azenis for the car.  Should know for sure this afternoon 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/30/21 7:05 p.m.

Azenis have been acquired, so have a set of camber bolts.  Thank Angry!

I will be only bringing the civic this year.  I have decided to not bring the Audi.

Why did I decide to bring the civic only?

Fielding two cars is a pain in the ass and expensive.

The civic is faster.

Civic has real tires.

Civic is less likely to explode ie: honda > VAG

I actually plan to rally cross the civic vs. Audi which is going to be sold so I don't want to break it.

Plus I am a sucker for a parking lot build...

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/30/21 7:13 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

instead of spray paint what about doing a 'paint correction'? Seems like you should be able to achieve excellent results for similar money and might be a good concour story. Nice big before and after photos of different areas, get them printed at walgreens on friday night. 

This is a great idea!  I have painted many cars in the hotel parking lot but never well.  This year I plan to try a decent paint correction.

tb
tb Dork
9/30/21 7:58 p.m.

If I even make it to spectate this year I will be around to lend a hand in any small way I can. My plan is to show up in Jax on Wednesday afternoon, rent something comfy and fast, then head to the hotel early. I should be available for parts running, food procurement and taxi service, etc..

My $.02 is both good and bad when it comes to that car...

Bad is that I had that exact car and it was the most boring, soulless and uninspiring thing to drive. Made it almost 6 months till I dumped it. Good is that they are popular and I moved it on instantly for top dollar without even a quick wash. Should be perfect to beat on and I doubt you are in danger of falling in love with it.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/16/21 8:38 p.m.

Everyone else seems to be thrashing to get there cars ready for next week.  Since this is a parking lot build I decided to wash it...

I know its not as exciting as adding nitrous or welding stuff but since I am not building it until next week I figured I should do something.

Gross!

Slightly less gross...

Seats are still drying out after the pressure washing.

They were super gross...

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/17/21 6:50 p.m.

Seats are installed.

And so are my one performance modification...

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/18/21 7:59 p.m.

Loaded! How is that for smack talk.  I get to relax until Thursday...

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
10/25/21 9:00 a.m.

I'm curious to hear an after-action report on this one.  looked like it did alright, and sustained a non-zero number of fun runs?

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/25/21 10:45 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

I will try to get the thread updated tonight.  Between buying next years challenge car, getting the truck unloaded and catching up on home projects / work i haven't had the chance.

Car did great, and a ton of people came together to help make it happen.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott SuperDork
10/25/21 11:17 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

You did a great job on that car, and I love that so many people got to drive it and just have fun.  Super awesome.

I really enjoyed meeting you and hanging out, even though I stayed up way too late on Friday!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LVdpf592ghTRr69Z8GJFcPEzVN3IjVlk7P20B6THzpaqJN0yTkiBh06BSkWWFOVC