wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
10/25/21 8:58 a.m.

We pulled in at mid night.  Work on 2022 is underway.

For you guys who are serious.....  Saturday 10/30 is Maple Grove flea marketand is drag car part rich.  Saturday 11/06 is the Racer Flea Market that was at the Harrisburg Farm Show and is now at Carlisle.  These 2 FMs will yield huge amounts of Challenge friendly pieces.  

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/25/21 9:42 a.m.

Man you guys and Matt digging in right away is impressive. 

Ian calls this period the "challenge hangover" where you're burnt out on your own thrash and have a zillion ideas you want to employ from other cars you saw. 

Net result is a month or so of not much progress.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/25/21 10:13 a.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

I need one centerline skinny with GM bolt pattern, would take a pair if I had to. I can PayPal you $$$ in advance if you're willing to help a brother out. I got 1 for $40 the other day on FB MarketPlace.

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
10/25/21 11:13 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Man you guys and Matt digging in right away is impressive. 

Ian calls this period the "challenge hangover" where you're burnt out on your own thrash and have a zillion ideas you want to employ from other cars you saw. 

Net result is a month or so of not much progress.

Challenge hangover is gone by Georgia.  Parts were being located bt South Carolina.  Engine in bay this morning.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/25/21 11:40 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

I have the two spare tire rims that Patrick included with Nader.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/25/21 11:42 a.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

Any way i can have yall loom for a stupid cheap sbc bellhousing and four speed? Theres no way i can get to Pennsylvania for the swap meets, and neither of those are ever available around here for challenge money. I will happily send money and come get them another weekend. 

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
10/25/21 11:58 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to wheels777 :

Any way i can have yall loom for a stupid cheap sbc bellhousing and four speed? Theres no way i can get to Pennsylvania for the swap meets, and neither of those are ever available around here for challenge money. I will happily send money and come get them another weekend. 

I have (2) 4-speeds I am about to put on FBMP.  What are you looking for?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
10/25/21 12:09 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to wheels777 :

Define "stupid cheap"

Marketplace - Saginaw 4 speed with Chevy bell housing | Facebook

No photo description available.

Dusterbd13-michael
10/25/21 12:13 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

That!!

Is that local to you?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
10/25/21 12:15 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

90-100 miles away. Did you also see Andrew's response?

Dusterbd13-michael
10/25/21 12:16 p.m.
wheels777 said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to wheels777 :

I have (2) 4-speeds I am about to put on FBMP.  What are you looking for?

Cheap. Its going behind a 4.8 for a challenge car, then onto life as a hpde/hillclimb car. Hopefully utcc as well.

Im fine with Saginaw or t10. No real preference on any particulars. I know muncie is WAY out of challenge budget these days.

tb
tb Dork
10/25/21 12:41 p.m.

Good looking out, but I am way ahead of you... since I couldnt make it to the challenge this year I am already done my build for next year! cheeky I could spend and afternoon checking nuts and bolts but soon enough it will get covered up, go on casters and be shoved into a corner for a while.

Seriously, I am about maxed on budget and recoup and don't really need to do much shopping.

I DO need to do more than a basic street tune still. Hit me up when you head to the strip in the spring? I could use some test & tune to dial in the launch control, nos timing, etc. in a safer environment than my picket-fence suburbia street.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/25/21 12:58 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Let's talk!

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/25/21 2:38 p.m.

I just need to mount my drag slicks and skinnies and top off the coolant after i put a legit overflow bottle on.  Maybe nitrous maybe not who knows 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/25/21 3:16 p.m.

I bought a car Sunday for next year, that has to count for something.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/25/21 6:48 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

me too!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/26/21 7:31 a.m.

I think it's also the dreamer faze. Buy parts and cars we have no ability to complete because we saw Andrew do it. 

All said, I may text Andrew this week to see what parts I may need. 

evildky
evildky SuperDork
10/26/21 9:54 a.m.

Serious question. do you have like a massive data base for all these finds? I know you are constantly attending swap meets and picking up bargains, probably more than you'll use on challenge builds and I gotta guess somethings you buy a thing with intent to use it on one project one year and it doesn't get used until years later on a different project. I just figure as detail oriented as you are there must be a master database. just wondering what that looks like.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/26/21 10:08 a.m.

In reply to evildky :

I dunno how Andrew does it, but I just keep everything in a gmail folder. usually screenshot of ad or receipt, selling price, and any additional details get sent in an email from myself to myself. Then I can find it from my folder and add it to a budget sheet pretty easy. Works for parts sold too.

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
10/26/21 10:25 a.m.

In reply to evildky :

Buying it. Mark it.  List it.  Enter into electronic file.  Take pictures and date code the file name.  60% of the items are in electric files I can locate with find option.  If you noticed a number of items have dates  on them.  Simple process. I had the folder in the car when it was in the pavilion.  A number of people looked at what was in it.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
10/26/21 12:52 p.m.

In reply to evildky :

I dunno how Andrew does it, but I just keep everything in a gmail folder. usually screenshot of ad or receipt, selling price, and any additional details get sent in an email from myself to myself. Then I can find it from my folder and add it to a budget sheet pretty easy. Works for parts sold too.

But Andrew does it on the scale of amazon.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/26/21 7:50 p.m.

I was wondering if you had a purchase order system. When making a purchase from FB marketplace or eBay putting in the notes, PO #9.06151

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/27/21 9:55 a.m.

That was one of the biggest things i was impressed with this year was your build book. The level of organization is fantastic. Takes discipline but makes like so much easier. Personally, i took a lot of notes from your book this year and have started my own photo folder for this build and waste no time in documenting purchases immediately so i dont get behind. I can only hope to have a book half as impressive as yours next year. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XRmFRrB3VlpmS8gBXgtJ9CT2v6UrOqQ0Q6oOXirHEsnJwOv1rQSsF1XfKiSqwNfd