darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
11/3/22 6:08 p.m.

I wondered when next year's Challenge dates might be announced. We're the kind of people that typically (have to) schedule our lives at least 6 months ahead, which means I really need to start planning and scheduling before the dates get waylayed by the kids' or missus' stuff.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
11/3/22 7:07 p.m.

In reply to darkbuddha :

Just call out sick that weekend.  That's what I do.  Well normally the week before when I realize that I have to get the car ready.  I would be intrested in registration.  Normally registration is like 9 months beforehand.  We're short on time.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
11/4/22 10:53 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to darkbuddha :

Just call out sick that weekend.  That's what I do.  Well normally the week before when I realize that I have to get the car ready.  I would be intrested in registration.  Normally registration is like 9 months beforehand.  We're short on time.

Can't really call out sick on family stuff, which is what I'm most concerned about. My other commitments are flexible or inconsequential enough to not be overly concerned with.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
11/4/22 11:53 a.m.

We're still waiting on a date from the track. Currently aiming for as early in spring as possible after feedback from College teams on May. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/10/22 2:46 p.m.

I'm seeing May 27th-28th on the Challenge homepage now?

Tom Suddard
11/10/22 3:46 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I was wondering when you all would find that.laughThe hurricane has slowed down confirming things with the hotel, but yes, that's our target for 2023. For 2024, we'll move earlier in the spring.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UberDork
11/10/22 3:52 p.m.

Memorial Day weekend. Should be easier for most folks to take off work. Anything happening at the FIRM that Monday yet?

Tom Suddard
11/10/22 4:05 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

That's the other thing we're working on. wink

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress Dork
11/10/22 5:37 p.m.

*foreshadowing intensifies*

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
11/10/22 5:45 p.m.

Well....  looks like I have a deadline for the rx8 now.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/10/22 8:15 p.m.

Keep your eyes open for unfinished V8 Corvair project in the $2000 Classifieds.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
11/10/22 8:36 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Parking lot build?  Pretty sure more can be done in the parking lot than in the last 5 years.

Bigben
Bigben Reader
11/11/22 12:10 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

Memorial Day weekend. Should be easier for most folks to take off work. Anything happening at the FIRM that Monday yet?

I agree. I just hope the kids are done with their finals before Thursday.

Registration opens in 6 days. An Early Bird discount for the first 10 or 15 competitors to register would be really cool!  Hint, hint wink

11/11/22 6:00 p.m.
Stampie said:

Parking lot build?  Pretty sure more can be done in the parking lot than in the last 5 years.

i hate you.  i love you.  i'm so conflicted.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
11/11/22 6:33 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
Stampie said:

i hate you.  i love you.  i'm so conflicted.

I mean, look what we did with that MR2

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/11/22 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

It's true. Looking back, we* engine swapped, auto to manual transmission swapped, added forced induction, dropped/cleaned/repumped the fuel tank, replaced the brakes, retimed the distributor, and a zillion supporting tasks to the above.

In a parking lot. In 2 days.

*Considering "we" actually means "mostly Chris", I'm gladly willing to take credit here. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
11/11/22 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

So the lesson to AC is start kissing Chris' behind.  I'll say this.  Lil Stampie hung out with you guys for a bit without me.  Afterwards I was talking to him and I told him that he should watch Chris because anyone will learn a lot watching Chris.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
11/11/22 9:21 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

So the lesson to AC is start kissing Chris' behind.  I'll say this.  Lil Stampie hung out with you guys for a bit without me.  Afterwards I was talking to him and I told him that he should watch Chris because anyone will learn a lot watching Chris.

Hopefully the rx8 is done and I can help with ACs build.  I want this thing to dominate.  

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/13/22 12:22 p.m.

Memorial Day weekend is a difficult one for me, a lacrosse team that I played for tends to be in the final 4 that weekend. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress Dork
11/15/22 8:45 p.m.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
11/15/22 9:08 p.m.

Angry's engine participated 7 years ago...

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress Dork
11/15/22 9:14 p.m.

Haha-if he gives me the year he first missed the challenge i'll update it.

11/15/22 9:45 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

suck my balls.

bumpsteer
bumpsteer New Reader
11/16/22 1:59 p.m.

I hope the GT kids realize most of them will be off for internships/graduated if the Challenge falls after finals, and will be slammed with finals prep if it falls shortly beforehand. Hope they front-load the prep (from personal experience, 0 chance lol)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T9PSGXSG7kPJwDTzRzqcgSpF39rEt03aBjeSg0lOTIlecclAjnJVYFRqAJ0FPlwM