seann
seann Reader
12/5/08 1:09 p.m.

Selling my 1993 Mazda Protege LX, asking $1800.

135,000 miles. Car is from Oregon state so no rust (last two winters in WI). Has the 1.8 twin cam engine 5 speed and 4 wheel discs (lx trim).15x7" Kozie K1 wheels tires still have a few years left in them. Also have a set of Michelin Ice x studless snows on steelies. I put a CD player and some decent infinity and kenwood speakers a few years ago. No mods other than wheels and stereo. All electric locks and windows work fine including annoying automatic shoulder harness sliders. Interior is nice and clean. Timing belt changed 30,000 miles ago.

the bad:

-needs new muffler but rest of the exhaust is fine.

-when you press the clutch there is a squeaking sound (throw out bearing?) of course you can't hear this now due the whole in the muffler

-only problem with the body is a small dent in the front fender where some jerk kicked it.

-small oil leak from the cam cover gasket. Leak is not a big problem but occasionally a drip will fall on the exhaust manifold and smells bad.

-tags expired in July. It hasn't been sitting though, I've just been driving it illegally.

I'm bummed I have to sell it but I'm moving to WA in two weeks and I need the money and unfortunately not the car (you've heard the story)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iV2UWAmPfp7cuoW4SBBSu096RPmFv3Y1qHEythJ844siUe13eV1Zl2cPzFXAXphT