5/8/12 5:44 p.m.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3003685765.html

Looks decent, too!

Not mine, no affiliation, yadda, yadda

ransom
ransom Dork
5/8/12 5:48 p.m.

Why automatic?!

Not that I should be considering C4 Vettes, or any other acquisitions right now...

And with every Portland/Vancouver area CL find you get bonus points. Eventually something's going to turn up at exactly the right/wrong time...

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
5/8/12 6:00 p.m.

I gotta 944 for sale!

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
5/8/12 6:19 p.m.

Is that Little Larry Sellars's? He's flunking social studies...

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera New Reader
5/8/12 6:26 p.m.

That's what happens when you meet a stranger in the Alps.

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo HalfDork
5/8/12 8:04 p.m.

Real berkeleying brat, but I'm sure your goons can get it off him. I mean, he's fifteen.

DukeOfUndersteer
5/8/12 8:09 p.m.

His father is..., ready for this? Arthur Digby Sellers.

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo HalfDork
5/8/12 8:15 p.m.

Who the berkeley is Arthur Digby Sellers?

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo HalfDork
5/8/12 8:18 p.m.

DukeOfUndersteer
5/8/12 8:19 p.m.

Who the f... have you heard of a little show call "Branded" Dude?

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo HalfDork
5/8/12 8:26 p.m.

Yeah.

"All but one man died? There at Bitter Creek?"

Yeah, yeah, I know the berkeleying show, Walter. So what?

DukeOfUndersteer
5/8/12 8:33 p.m.

berkeleying Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes, Dude. The bulk of the series. Not exactly a lightweight. And yet his son is a berkeleying dunce...

Knurled
Knurled Dork
5/8/12 8:41 p.m.
ransom wrote: Why automatic?!

Because like 90% of C4s were auto.

Properly dealt with, automatics can be fun rides. I fondly remember a C4 with a manual valvebody trans with a TCS style shifter, and a 383 with heads like you wouldn't believe, on fat slicks. Neat car.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler HalfDork
5/8/12 8:59 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: berkeleying Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes, Dude. The bulk of the series. Not exactly a lightweight. And yet his son is a berkeleying dunce...

And a good day to you, sir!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
5/8/12 9:02 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Who the f... have you heard of a little show call "Branded" Dude?

No I haven't.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
5/8/12 9:02 p.m.

I'm seeing C4s here in Fl. for what look (to me) like ridiculous prices, and yeah, 90% are automatics. Wasn't this the time period of that weird "skip a few gears" manual transmission?

I like the looks of these cars, but at this point in my life I can't drive one comfortably (built too low for these old bones to fold into).

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Reader
5/8/12 9:08 p.m.

I wouldn't complain too much that it was an automatic. the 84-88 C4s suffered the indignity of the 4+3 manual transmission, which was a terrible contraption. I had an '85 with the 4+3, it was horrible.

DukeOfUndersteer
5/8/12 9:17 p.m.

little prick, stonewallin me...

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
5/8/12 9:36 p.m.

I think that is almost 5 times too much to pay. I'm picking up a running 84 auto later this week for a cool $500.

I'm taking the rear suspension and parting the rest out.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
5/8/12 9:45 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I think that is almost 5 times too much to pay. I'm picking up a running 84 auto later this week for a cool $500. I'm taking the rear suspension and parting the rest out.

Are the seats trashed?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
5/8/12 10:09 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I think that is almost 5 times too much to pay. I'm picking up a running 84 auto later this week for a cool $500. I'm taking the rear suspension and parting the rest out.
Are the seats trashed?

I'm not sure. I heard "it runs" and "come and get it". It's been hit in the front and fixed. Other than that I won't know until friday when I go get it.

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
5/9/12 5:47 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Who the f... have you heard of a little show call "Branded" Dude?

No.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
5/9/12 7:24 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
No.

Have you ever heard of Chuck Connors?

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/9/12 8:37 a.m.

This thread would be really confusing for someone that hadn't seen The Big Lebowski.

@MG Bryan: It depends; if it's a nice drivable car then the price is great. If it's trashed then it's not so good. Just because you bought one for $500 doesn't mean they're all worth $500!

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler HalfDork
5/9/12 8:41 a.m.
dculberson wrote: This thread would be really confusing for someone that hadn't seen The Big Lebowski.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LcygzBMHquu72p8MaLgncpZYQELwhdk96hYLrAwdc6m43DvZFQVNgIGr986BteNr