LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
8/27/15 2:36 p.m.
Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
8/28/15 10:51 a.m.

WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON PUTTING CARBS ON 5.0's? I don't get it... Well it is much easier to swap, but DANG! WHY?!?! ok, rant for the day done.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
8/28/15 12:56 p.m.

Built as drift car. I would closely inspect that cage.

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
8/28/15 1:12 p.m.
clutchsmoke wrote: Built as drift car. I would closely inspect that cage.

Well from what I can see in the pictures - it's not even a cage. There doesn't appear to be any roof bars. It appears to be a roll bar with door bars.

turboswede
turboswede MegaDork
8/28/15 1:32 p.m.
clutchsmoke wrote: Built as drift car. I would cut that "cage" out

FTFY

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
8/28/15 1:47 p.m.

Master cylinder reservoir through the hood. Nice touch.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
8/28/15 2:36 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON PUTTING CARBS ON 5.0's? I don't get it... Well it is much easier to swap, but DANG! WHY?!?! ok, rant for the day done.

There are tons and tons of 5.0 longblocks on the list of Craig for pennies and non of them are pulled with the electrics. Carbs are cheap easy and with a one wire alternator just about anybody who can walk and chew bubblegum can wire them up.

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
8/28/15 5:16 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe:

Yeah, I know. Still seems like a perfectly good waste of an engine.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
8/28/15 6:03 p.m.

Why?

Properly set up carburetors are 95% as good as the EFI that came on that engine.

Or are you just mad because you can't tune such a simple device.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
8/28/15 7:28 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

I didn't even get further into the pics of it. Spotted at the first one. I sincerely appreciate you fixing my comment as I was extremely generous calling that crap a cage.

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
8/28/15 9:32 p.m.

"here buy the car and i'm giving you 3 stacks of junk tires as a penalty"

nocones
nocones SuperDork
8/28/15 10:28 p.m.

Wait.. I'm the 11th person in this thread on the GRM message board and almost every post about a running seemingly drive able V8 swapped 5 lug 2nd gen RX7 with the start of a cage, suspension, and some other mods for what will likely be <$1500 is either negative or about how bad the mods are... WTF.

turboswede
turboswede MegaDork
8/28/15 10:43 p.m.

Because it will likely be the same work and money to build your own instead of buying someone else's failed/screwed up drift project.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fD3IlTdmGEaQd8fovjd0yG7gPle5JkMf5UbzoRpJCHeQnn19ZXspegLFYQqZ8KDA