1 2
Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
9/12/13 11:09 a.m.

there are other cool rigs in the pics too. I like the Baja bug and the Bronco in the background.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse HalfDork
9/12/13 11:33 a.m.
towman wrote: So you think its a 383 and not a 440 I'm not sure

I was going off memory, but apparently wikipedia agrees with you and says it should be a 440 car, if stock. The 383 was last used in 1970, they say.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/12/13 1:00 p.m.

I WANT!!!!!! But I have no way to get...

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
9/12/13 3:39 p.m.

Never Mind Not Affordable.

Boy do I want one though!

towman
towman New Reader
9/12/13 8:07 p.m.

I also have a 65 Datsun truck I put on different forum seems there's a lot of guys that want them lol

towman
towman New Reader
9/12/13 8:09 p.m.

I own a tow company I come across lots of cool cars

towman
towman New Reader
9/12/13 8:14 p.m.

Can only see part of it in pic but there's a 76 mustang cobra sitting there also just like the one Fara facet drove in Charlie's angles

128racecar
128racecar New Reader
9/12/13 9:22 p.m.

I thought this forum required posting a price

Marc in Indy

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/13 7:15 a.m.
128racecar wrote: I thought this forum required posting a price Marc in Indy

He did $2000.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
9/13/13 8:39 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
128racecar wrote: I thought this forum required posting a price Marc in Indy
He did $2000.

He said he is taking offers and it was running when parked in 2000.

stan
stan SuperDork
9/13/13 8:40 a.m.

Did I miss the location?

If you come across cool cars you now know where to post them...

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/13/13 9:01 a.m.

While the Interceptors are wicked cool, this one seems way too far gone to be anything other than a rat-rod, or basis for some other wacky creation.

These had interiors on par with Rolls Royce when new---- just restoring the interior would be more than $10K. By the time you'd be done with even a 1/2 assed resto you'd be upside down. Perfect ones are selling for $30K or less.

Good examples can still be found very inexpensively. Our CMS Auction Editor, Andy Reid just picked up a very nice example for under $20K. He's planning on driving it from St. Louis to CT this Fall.

Cool cars---- sort of like an Aston Martin.....with a big American V8!

towman
towman New Reader
9/13/13 10:07 a.m.

Make me an offer I would like to see the car go to a home not the wreaking yard MAKE AN OFFER

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
9/13/13 10:08 a.m.

I just bought one of these and you will be able to see it on the Classic Motorsports Project Cars section in a few weeks after I pick it up.

What Joe said about the interiors of these is correct. They cost a fortune to put right.

Also the rust on this car is definitely the enemy. This is a hand made British grand touring car, think Aston Martin quality. To fix the rust on this example correctly and then paint it properly will likely cost in excess of 10K. That is if you do the repairs yourself and get a deal on the paintwork. These cars are moving up in value but the cost to make this one right would be extreme.

Check out our project car in a few weeks and see what you think. The one we bought is a 1973 and has the 440. The car in the posting according to the Jensen records does have the correct engine, wikipedia is again incorrect.

Our car is completely rust free, having lived in Los Angeles from 73-77 and then in Arizona until 2012. The interior is perfect and the car is completely mechanically sorted. We bought it for a very nice price.

The car needs paint and its dash replaced due to cracking. It came with a NOS dash so that will be the first project we tackle on the car.

The paint is decent but was color changed in the early 80's so we will be eventually changing it back to its original royal blue color.

The engine in ours is a 440 and we are going to do a few mods such as an aluminum intake and heads and try to leave it at that.

The rule with an interceptor is to not buy a rusty car. This project would scare me. That being said, these are neat cars and deserve to be saved if possible. Not a bad deal at the 2k if only as a parts car.

towman
towman New Reader
9/13/13 10:14 a.m.

Would be a great parts car

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/13 10:19 a.m.

I wouldn't restore it. Just throw some aluminum panels in for door cards, some random seats, get it running and rock the hell out of it.

towman
towman New Reader
9/13/13 10:21 a.m.

I never said 2000 I said it was parked in 2000 I guess I didn't read rules I didnt read the rules I didn't post a price open for offers

Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
9/13/13 11:15 a.m.

Where is it located?

towman
towman New Reader
9/13/13 11:42 a.m.

Calif near sacramento

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
9/13/13 12:09 p.m.
towman