P71
P71 SuperDork
10/20/09 9:12 a.m.

For Sale:

1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL 12A Rotary, 5-Speed Manual trans 236,1xx miles, factory removable sunroof, power windows, cruise, manual steering, removed A/C completely.

Mods:

Engine: Wrapped Racing Beat Streetport 12A Header, custom 2.5” collector, mandrel-bent 2.5” single exhaust, Dynomax Race Bullet resonator, Summit welded race muffler, dual stainless steel tip, NGK plugs, Magnecor KV85 Competition Wires, Racing beat double pulley drive w/ air pump delete.

Drivetrain: RP 75W90 in rear axle and transmission, SA driveshaft/yoke/flange with larger heavy duty Spicer u-joints, Exedy clutch kit (OEM), new rear axle bearings, races, and seals on both sides.

Brakes: Performance Friction front pads, DOT4 fluid flush.

Tires/Wheels: 195/60/14 Falken Azenis Rt-615’s mounted on hand polished/painted “LE” mesh wheels.

Other: Ractive red suede racing buckets, new battery, alternator, and starter.

269 Autocross runs since 2/2008. The car itself is in great shape with no rust. The driver's door was hit and I have a spare red door that may or may not be installed by the time it sells. Interior has been properly converted to black. It drives nicely and the rotary runs excellent! Trans shifts nice except downshifting into 2nd grinds once in awhile. Rear diff is shot and acts like an open rear, I have a factory LSD diff from another RX-7 that also may or may not be installed depending on how lazy I am. Throw a paint job and a set of shocks on it and it would be a very nice car (or a great Challenge competitor). It is a very, very good autocross car that is capable of beating much faster/more powerful cars due to it's nimbleness and eagerness. The 12A is smooth up to 8,5000 and loves racing. We had 3 drivers sharing the car in Packwood in August in 95* heat running back-to-back-to-back and it never even hiccupped.

$2000 obo, comes with spares, will trade for a 944, in WA state but can deliver to WA or OR.

See it in Reader's Rides:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/120/

And in the Classifieds:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/classifieds/1416/

Many more pictures available, or come test drive it in person.

P71
P71 SuperDork
10/24/09 8:07 p.m.

$1750 to a GRM'er, including good rear diff, new door, and all spares. Runs and drives! Clean title in hand! Current tags!

dorri732
dorri732 New Reader
10/25/09 7:24 a.m.
P71 wrote: The 12A is smooth up to 8,5000 and loves racing.

Wow! 85 thousand rpm?

Just kidding, of course. Sounds like a great deal.

P71
P71 SuperDork
10/25/09 10:08 a.m.

With this exhaust it sounds like 85,000,000 RPM!!

Seriously though, the tach only reads to 8,500 and it loves being there when autocrossing. This is the nicest N/A rotary I've ever driven, including modded 13B's.

P71
P71 SuperDork
11/14/09 9:23 a.m.

$1650!!!

Must sell! Already bought the replacement!

socalwrench
socalwrench New Reader
11/22/09 11:17 a.m.

What's been done to the suspension?

Nevermind- I guess it's completely stock.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
avTfAJyaX9e7rEyxWbMaOej3esgcyd6AzouLGYwilEIqWawNBKOdB0yam7NeVH8V