Sunk
Sunk
4/22/12 6:20 p.m.

For sale for $1000: 1984 Volvo 242 (240 with 2 doors) with a B23F 4 cylinder and a 3 + 1 speed AW70 automatic transmission. I recently rebuilt the top end of the engine. A new head from a turbocharged car has been put on. It has gotten a new camshaft, cam shims and lifters, water pump, timing belt, alternator belt, head gasket, radiator, injectors, fuel rail, etc. Main fuel pump went out a few days later. I have ordered the pump and will replace it soon. Still needs flame trap (or flame trap hose simply vented), and the brakes bled. If you want to run a cat, you will have to get one of those also. The exhaust had the cat already deleted when I got the car. If you know these old Volvos, you know they're tough and the two doors are rare. This car has no rust. The engine bottom end is incredibly strong, made with forged steel crankshaft and con rods. I can sell the car with the turbo wheels with bad tires, or some turbine alloys with good tires. I have 3 Volvo parts cars and any other parts one might want can be negotiated. These include a Turbo 2.1, a 4 +1 manual gear box, a turbo dana differential and a lot more which I will not bore you by listing. I am available most days to show the car.

Trade for RWD Corolla, automatic. Preference to 80-83 models. Will throw in many many parts (turbo engine, 4 speed, etc) for a Liftback. Please call or text 828 702 4626. Located in Asheville, North Carolina.

Sorry about the rainy day pictures. Paint is faded, but salvageable. Volvo did not use clear coats in this era.

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
4/22/12 6:31 p.m.

Bump for a nice car. I wish I could have found this a year or two ago when I was looking for a 242. Where r located??

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
4/22/12 6:54 p.m.

Looks like a Georgia plate.

Bryce

Sunk
Sunk New Reader
4/22/12 7:01 p.m.

Oops sorry. I'm in Asheville, North Carolina. Fixed.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
4/24/12 3:04 p.m.

Can you post up some additional pics?

Thanks.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
4/24/12 8:09 p.m.

is this driveable to cleveland ohio?

Sunk
Sunk New Reader
5/2/12 7:40 p.m.

In reply to Sunk:

Y'all are just going to have to call or text me if you're interested.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8GCnIfcydyCGE5D3GcgE5TWOAgAGi3PjH0VJEB79dDyikQBGWFYkAPmctusdE6gL