glenninflorida
glenninflorida New Reader
1/11/17 5:33 p.m.

For sale is my 87 325is 5 speed which has been kept all OEM except for the audio. Actual mileage is around 118k - the odometer shows 113k with a few thousand before I replaced the gears. The history of this car is my father purchased new, drove for a few years and then this car sat for about 12 years. Snow/leaves collected in the roof wind deflector which led to the rust on the / in the roof. Bad taillight gaskets / rust in the trunk.

Recently done in the past 2 years/ last 5,000 miles (all OEM parts): timing belt, water pump, dist cap, wires, cleaned throttle body, injectors, new rotors and pads. I media blasted the orig basketweaves a while ago with intentions of refinishing. The drivetrain still pulls hard and has always started (if battery kept charged over long periods of sitting) and I would drive it anywhere. The a/c quit a while ago and will need servicing.

The bad: bad rust hole on roof near sunroof (duct-taped to keep water out), rusted sunroof. Rust spot near tailight, rust on lower pass fender. Sport interior drivers seat and back seat, dashboard is pretty far gone and glovebox lid is broken. Rear bumper cracked. Suspension has not been touched and is pretty far gone and very sloppy. Steering rack is also very sloppy and has a slow/drip leak. Any/all parts shown will go with including the "vintage" late 90's audio system in the car (MB quart/alpine/kicker).

I understand rust is an issue, but I don't have time to sell parts but you can drive the entire car home and part it out yourself. I'm sure the LSD, wheels, other "is" parts are still worth something...

Thank you

Stampie
Stampie Dork
1/11/17 6:08 p.m.

I'm trying so hard to forget I saw this.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
1/11/17 6:19 p.m.

Oh no. Why!? And you are so close to me... Stampie, please buy this so i dont have to.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/11/17 7:02 p.m.

Stampie, saab, yall need on this. The last thing I need is a scruffy bimmer.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
1/11/17 7:58 p.m.

NordicSaab is the expert on rusty BMWs.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
1/12/17 7:12 a.m.

Thank Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ that this is in Florida...

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Reader
1/12/17 8:59 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Thank Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ that this is in Florida...

What he said.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
1/12/17 9:09 a.m.
Stampie wrote: NordicSaab is the expert on rusty BMWs.

Don't accuse me of things I demonstrate!

Stampie
Stampie Dork
1/12/17 3:02 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab:

What's another car that your wife doesn't know about? Once you cross that line there's no going back.

glenninflorida
glenninflorida New Reader
1/16/17 9:13 a.m.

Car has been sold. Thank you

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wl4sdJSdYjxefJC0z4NX9eCf4Hus3Ue1kXqlaFVhagvrVnRw9coFbOcVFnq6RjTI