Smoo
Smoo None
1/23/13 9:56 p.m.

Don't have time to work on this car, and I'm sure someone else could appreciate it. Black 1988 323 GTX, 130,000 miles with great motor and transmission. Runs fine, clutch is good. Lots of rust bubbles on the arches and a couple on the manual sunroof. Rusty underneath. Interior is pretty dirty. Has a leaking gas tank (at the seam), leaking drivers side transmission axle seal, and could use a new wheel bearing in the front. Comes with the wheel bearing, and a spare larger intake manifold assembly, injectors, and ECU in case you want to run some bigger injectors in the future. I probably have a spare axle seal, too.

Manual sunroof, manual transmission, 4wd, locking center diff. Has some still legal worn down winter tires. Passed E-check. Currently stored in Ashtabula, OH, with up to date registration.

Let me know if you are interested.

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/ebersmoo/library/

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
1/24/13 7:38 a.m.

Ashtabula still requires e-check? I havent had to check a car in a decade down here in Cincy...

Good luck with the sale - theres a growing mazda following on the forum lately.

Paging Ben...Ben, please pick up a courtesy phone

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/24/13 8:46 a.m.

I'm good lol. Cool cars and getting hard to find in running condition, but i don't really have a desire to own one.

Smoo
Smoo New Reader
1/26/13 9:00 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Ashtabula doesn't, actually, but Summit County does. It is just stored in Ashtabula at the moment. I would rather it go to an enthusiast rather than just parting it out.

johnp2
johnp2 New Reader
1/26/13 11:28 a.m.

If you were closer I would make an offer. I don't know about fitting a 12-13 hour ride into my schedule. GLWS

Smoo
Smoo New Reader
1/31/13 6:28 p.m.

Wow, I thought a running 323 with a good transmission would net more interest. This would be my first time parting out a car if I have to go that route. Is EBAY the best for that or is there another site that 323 GTX people visit?

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
1/31/13 7:04 p.m.

Neat car, I'd probably buy if it was closer. We are a real group of cheapasses on this board, though, and I can't think of anybody that's still messing with GTXs.

ClubProtege would likely be the best place to part it out; when the 323 performance forum died ~5 years ago, most people went to ClubProtege. It seems like an even split between real enthusiasts and ricer idiots, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of interest.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
1/31/13 7:12 p.m.

Son of a biscuit that's tempting! I hate rust, but man.....this would be my DD, and I don't want to HAVE to do that work right off the bat.

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
1/31/13 7:23 p.m.

It's tempting but I hate rust and have no room for another car now.

OddBallRacing
OddBallRacing
2/5/13 5:42 p.m.

Ashtabula, OH. The exact opposite of me down here in Cincinnati! Damn! or is that a good thing? LOL But seriously, just how bad is the rust underneath?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/5/13 6:26 p.m.
Wow, I thought a running 323 with a good transmission would net more interest.

Okay. "Rust free 323 for $2k" or "Rusty pos 323 for parts: $500" Either of these would make sense. This is GRM, not Barrett Jackson. I'd try my luck on eBay.

Smoo
Smoo New Reader
2/6/13 9:22 p.m.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll try over at ClubProtege. As long as they don't convince me to put a GTR tranny in it or something, I should be safe

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
2/12/13 6:54 p.m.

Would it make it to Texas? Is the price firm?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m5DikPu7ijAK87NvaLwJSk78QCognqMbdODdyorHERe7N0dfCBwTfDIvMAXqpgHz