Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
12/3/19 6:28 a.m.

Why would you run the Challenge with a spare tire?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
12/3/19 10:05 a.m.

keep fiero suspension at stock width, split GT6 fenders and quarters front to rear along highest ridge, add horizontal width required to keep tires inside wheel arches, stitch together, win.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
12/3/19 10:37 a.m.

'88 is the best year for Fiero. Do it.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
12/3/19 1:33 p.m.

With the simplicity of the Triumph frame widening the front suspension is as easy as splitting the crossmember and widening it and the steering rack the same amount. All of the suspension pickups and arms remain unmodified. The way an early GT6 nose was built the fender wideners could be super easy using 2 trim finishers per side, and it could be undone later. More difficult is the engine's intrusion into the cockpit, as the seats are too far back between the wheels.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
12/3/19 9:52 p.m.

So thinking about this more, the Fiero has plastic body panels right?  Why not just use it's outer skin "bolted" to the GT6 frame?  That should be lighter than the GT6 body. Then just put an LS4 in the back for the win.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
12/4/19 11:46 a.m.

How the hell do you find a car that the seller is willing to pay you for it...

Do it. Even if you end up having to give me $100, it's still an '88 Fiero.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
12/4/19 8:53 p.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

That's a good deal.  I'm looking for a FL VW pan title and I'd pay that just for the title.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
12/5/19 5:40 a.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

Bradley GTs were made as turn key cars which I would argue makes them production cars. I may be bias in this.  Might also be moot if you're using the VW pan which is no question production.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
12/8/19 8:53 a.m.

Trip cost is why I am looking at ways to build a project I can drive. My RX-8 would be the cheapest and smartest route right now, but I'm not always the smartest.

A Fiero / bug mashup would not be my first choice for a long trip, unless it was my entry. A small trailer for (4x4) could haul luggage and tools. The hitch comes off at the event to be budget neutral.

BTW you would be the uncontested long distance winner...  laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DyegLGVvqzaqBGcn3rtXyGbsbD4pgBS4nAJWU0NzM1ElKqskOVjhhziEetKZcNBS