donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/12/15 11:42 a.m.

well the time has come that I need to let the 945ti go :(... it's been a good car for us but it's got some issues that I don't feel like dealing with and has been a 3rd car for a while now (almost as handy as a pick up)

currently the car is located just south of houston... but the car is registered in FL

we'll start with the fun/mods

'91 945ti... 16t turbo upgrad, Hi-tuning manual boost control, TLAO fuel chip, Hi-Tuning ignition chip, DIY CAI, cravingboost plug wires... fix it's issues and add a 3" exhaust and mild cam and you have a very quick sleeper

mechanically --- 240k miles

It will NOT pass inspection in TX as it stands (even if it passed the sniffer it won't pass the visual)... however in TX it can get around some of that as a classic/antique vehicle starting next year

it has some issues starting with the key sometimes I think it's a dirty contact on the solenoid, I have a special screw driver to bridge the contacts on the starter under the hood... also have a spare solenoid and I think a spare starter included. It also is sluggish to start when cold, takes some playing with the throttle to get it to start and takes a few moments to settle in before you can just drive it without it wanting to stall, replaced the coolant temp sensor a while back and that didn't help.

also... transmission needs replaced, long story but too much boost and fun is bad for auto trans... the good though... I have a transmission that comes with the car and is ready to go in and has had the accumulator mod done already. As it stands it drives but it is very slow to shift and over downshifts if you give it too much throttle too quickly.

cosmetically the red is flat, back in the 90's it had an accident on the front passenger quarter/door area, you can see the paint color diff... also not sure what happend but there is a buckle at the bottom rear of the passenger front door...

seats are very worn... have most of a stock exhaust sitting in my garage that could be piced together (for the cat) if you need to pass emissions... it needs SOMETHING no matter what... right now it's a pipe into a blown out cherry bomb

a/c compressor needs replaced, think the berings died, was getting very hot to touch so I removed belt.

also has a splash guard in the rear and has the "back back" kids seats

also included along with the extra trans is a '91+ engine (should have big rods) on an engine stand, a tub of random parts, extra AFM, and whatever else I have sitting around for it.

photos can be seen here... roof/bike rack is NOT included although could be negotiated into price https://plus.google.com/photos/116699576379086204114/albums/6127089033453889025?authkey=CPelyvH669nf4wE

looking for $750 obo... honestly I have a decent amount of play for GRMers... would be a fun car to pick up on your way back from the challenge to get a head start for next years...

msg me here or email me at mr2donalson at gmail.com

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/12/15 12:07 p.m.

Much want, no room. Good luck with the sale!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/12/15 12:13 p.m.

SO much sad!!

To the masses: I owned this car. As did JunkYard Dog before me. I sort of miss it now with Catywampus.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/14/15 10:53 p.m.

bump

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
10/15/15 7:48 a.m.

If I wasn't trying to move and buy a house...

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/11/15 2:35 p.m.

bump seriously just make an offer... getting to the point that wife is prodding the idea of a junkyard and that is the last place this thing deserves...

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
11/12/15 8:46 a.m.

I wonder if you wouldn't be better off just selling the turbo parts to someone looking to +T a B230F, and parting/scrapping the rest. Heck I might be interested in that.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/12/15 11:05 a.m.

I've actually thought about that a number of times and have someone talking to me about it already from turbobricks... I really don't want to do it for a few reasons... just hard to see a car like this get torn up and then a good bit of work but I know it's worth more money in parts :-/...

going to give it a few days to a week before I make that move though

physician
physician New Reader
11/14/15 2:51 p.m.

If you were not 1500 miles away, i would have taken it !

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5N2dio4qxPIm1J14DqiMBX9AwYAZpr1pkB5tpGeliD3dzeda9Oe4oFIcpLFLz46F