The_Jed
The_Jed Reader
8/6/11 11:28 a.m.

$650 for folks of the GRM persuasion.

http://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/2530283621.html

A small addendum to the wife's crazedlist post:

The good;

Cold A/C, 30 mpg, power windows, power locks, lightweight shockproof in the gearbox a newish clutch and newish tires. The oil has been changed religiously every 2-3 months (with Castrol 10w30 synthetic blend which it has had in it since it was purchased by the Polish family in '95, who we bought it from) since I have a 10 mile (round trip) commute to work I change it when it gets a bit brownish. Despite being FWD it shifts great and shows no signs of the supposedly inherent FWD gearbox fragility.

The bad;

One front corner marker is missing completely and the other has damaged mounting tabs so it will likely make an escape attempt at any moment. The driver's side rear weather stripping froze to the door opening of the body last winter and peeled away from the door. The passenger side INNER c/v boot is torn. The hood prop rod has been MIA since we bought it. Unless you fill the tank slowly there is a maddening leak in the fuel filler hose. There is a slight oil leak beginning at the front of the engine, there isn't a perceptible drop in the level but there is some oil on the plastic near the crank pulley.

The ugly;

It has the usual (rust) dents and dings typical for an 18 (rust) year old car with 135,000 miles...(rust)... along with lots of rust.

Cheers,

Jed

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
8/6/11 11:58 a.m.

With all of that, $650 still doesn't sound too bad. If i had a few extra bucks, I'd cross the river, and that, sir is a feat.

Morbid
Morbid Reader
8/6/11 2:40 p.m.

Here is the Facebook album with photos of the car.

fornetti14
fornetti14 HalfDork
8/6/11 9:21 p.m.

That fuel filler hose is actually an easy thing to replace. They've gone bad on several Impreza's and Forester's I've owned.

Morbid
Morbid Reader
8/7/11 4:55 p.m.

Just watched it drive away. Feels weird to be letting go of a Subaru...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VpRjP7ld8vYLGUT8VnMaFO0ihXcyzrbreyeFriELCZLNEUcRBDP7xJ0vmX64aRFY